• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Walking Dead Avalanche

lowtrac

I decided to stop by one of the filming locations for The Walking Dead and take a quick picture.

Elders_Mill.jpg

IMG-20120403-00468.jpg

Ok, now thats just awesome  (y)    Did you find the location online somewhere or did you already know where it was?

I knew where it was.  They filmed most of season 2 in a 10-mile radius around my house.  It's been fun watching the show and looking for places I know.

lowtrac said:
I knew where it was.  They filmed most of season 2 in a 10-mile radius around my house.  It's been fun watching the show and looking for places I know.

Somehow someway you have to get the actors/extras to pose for a pic with your truck.

Senoia, GA.

The church from the premier of season 2 if I recall correctly:

IMG-20110804-00133.jpg

The "bar" where Rick shot those two guys that were with Randal:

IMG-20120223-00295.jpg

The alley next to "Steve's Pharmacy" where the fence was that Randal fell on:

IMG-20120223-00298.jpg

Steve's Pharmacy - it was a vacant store and the production company brought in the signage and all the products in the store

IMG-20110805-00143.jpg

The field where they filmed the zombie killing montage at the opening of the next-to-last episode of season 2.  Although the image quality is "drive-by", you can see Otis' truck:

Senoia-20111107-00416.jpg

irontrain said:
Somehow someway you have to get the actors/extras to pose for a pic with your truck.

Or you and your truck be extras, that would be awesome  :cool:  

I wonder if they'll ever go to Ft. Benning or the Army will let them film there.

lowtrac said:
I decided to stop by one of the filming locations for The Walking Dead and take a quick picture.

Elders_Mill.jpg

IMG-20120403-00468.jpg

Definitely the same place but it weird how the scene proportions look very different.

And so it (season 3) begins...

IMG-20120506-00582.jpg

I took this picture yesterday afternoon.  They're closing this road tomorrow for filming.  They've had port-a-potties and security at a house on-site for a few days now.

that is great, I love the walking dead, and its cool to see pictures of the places from it as they really are, and of course a cool shot of the avy in ricks place by that fence

very cool and cannot wait for the next season to begin :love:

Very cool.  One of the few shows me and my wife watch together after Smallville ended.  Got her hooked on it

Bringing this thread back from the dead.  >:D

This location will be seen later in the season.  They just filmed there last week.

photo.JPG

"Woodbury" town hall:

Senoia-20120614-00694.jpg

From the back.  The building is a set piece:

Senoia-20120614-00691.jpg

One shot from a filming day.  This is outside the Woodbury main gate.  The wall where Merle shot at some walkers.

IMG-20120626-00754.jpg

A couple of Excursions and the tin-clad buses that make up part of the Woodbury wall

photo.JPG

I plan to get some more location shots with the truck in the next week.

AWESOME .....love the show.....got goose bumps looking at your pics :love: Thanks for the pics (y)

I'm here in Newnan and I am waiting for them to come back by this way so I can get in on some action. I know Senoia is only like 10 minutes away

Back