• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Avalanche finally meets the Dyno...video

TXSZ66AVLANCHE

The LS1 crate engine went in 31k miles ago, stock air box and intake tube, 2.5" true duals from modified factory y pipe with cats.

When the truck was backing onto the dyno some f body guys were laughing "190hp" was their guess, soon as the first run starts "whoa....thats not a stock Avalanche" First pull starts at 1:40, second pull at 3:30, all 4 of my kids went with me to the shop, now thats gansta.

Dyno Day 4-14-12 006.AVI - YouTube

OK I have to ask what is a 1:40 and 3:40 only been to a dyno pull once with some friends from Dieselplace.com

MS03 2500 said:
OK I have to ask what is a 1:40 and 3:40 only been to a dyno pull once with some friends from Dieselplace.com

your gona feel dumb,

the time starts of the pulls in the vid he posted

Alaska_AV. said:
your gona feel dumn,

the time starts of the pulls in the vid he posted

Damn  :E: :E:

So what was the HP at the rear wheel 190.

we_fly_high said:
Not 5.3, he did an LS swap, 5.7 I believe. I always love seeing guys like that shut down!  :laugh:

Glad you knew what it was. I had no clue

Like the old 5.7 that GM put in their half tons? I heard the 5.3 gm preformace crate eng is substantially better on fuel mileage and power than the 5.7 Still neat tho. I wish someone had a dyno video or results from a newer 5.3 six speed auto that has mods. I was offered to get my truck don't but i dunno if there are any real gaining benefits from it.

Forgot too add the dyno sheet.

IMAG0164.jpg

we_fly_high said:
Not 5.3, he did an LS swap, 5.7 I believe. I always love seeing guys like that shut down!  :laugh:
did the swap for my own enjoyment, not to see how many wins I fan get in a 6k pound truck. Sorry.

TXSZ66AVLANCHE said:
did the swap for my own enjoyment, not to see how many wins I fan get in a 6k pound truck. Sorry.

No, no I completely understand! Im not building mine up to be a race truck or for the attention either, But I love my truck and the work ive done has made me appreciate that much more!

we_fly_high said:
No, no I completely understand! Im not building mine up to be a race truck or for the attention either, But I love my truck and the work ive done has made me appreciate that much more!

I hear ya, doing the work yourself gives you a whole new level of appreciation  :B:

I've not dynoed my Av but my 01 Camaro SS (w/LS1) put down 399 hp 387 tq  (y)

Curious to see what a mostly stock Av would throw down. Hell, like to see what the wifes Acadia would do as well lol

HOFFandGOLDMAN said:
Like the old 5.7 that GM put in their half tons? I heard the 5.3 gm preformace crate eng is substantially better on fuel mileage and power than the 5.7 Still neat tho. I wish someone had a dyno video or results from a newer 5.3 six speed auto that has mods. I was offered to get my truck don't but i dunno if there are any real gaining benefits from it.

The LS1 is a 5.7L(346ci) 1st came out in the 97 Vet then made its way into the Camaro/Firebird in 98-02. My son's stock 2000 Camaro SS dynoed at 321rwhp 324rwtq & had over 300rwtq at 1,800rpms.

Back