• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

GTG in the GTA 2012 (JULY 21 12)

DouglasOak

Cruise Coord
SM 2014
SM 2013
SM 2012
SM 2011
Well here it is!!!
GTG in the GTA 2012

JULY 28 2012

I am hoping to see a lot of new faces, and maybe a few I've seen before at this event. There is some interest from the Michigan crew, and EVERYONE is welcome to join us!!

We can meet up at the AMC 24 Plaza in Whitby, at 11a.m.
401 @ Thickson Rd.
http://www.durhamcentral.com/amc/theatre.htm​

Activities will include
Grub and Gab
(there are many restaurants in and around the plaza)
Mini-Golf
(prizes for best score, and hole in one)
Whatever other trouble we may find ourselves in!
(this is an optional event, previous experience required)​

I am hoping we can get some interest in going back to Glen Rouge campground for a BBQ dinner. And some Avalanche Family time around a campfire.
For those who wish to stay for an evening of adult beverages and miscellaneous nonsense, everyone is more than welcome to attend!
:cheers:
http://trca.on.ca/enjoy/locations/glen-rouge-campground.dot​

Sunday morning breakfast will consist of "BACK BACON, BEER, and POUTINE" as these are the traditional breakfast foods of all Canadians!!!  ;D

If you can make it to this event please leave a line stating you are attending and names of guests you are bringing so I can add everyone to the list!
Also if you would like to stay at the campground, let me know so I can see about getting a section of sites to keep us all together.

Let's make this an amazing GTG!

Attachments

• 1-Large GTG Banner 2012.jpg
    1-Large GTG Banner 2012.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 253
DouglasOak said:
Well here it is!!!
GTG in the GTA 2012

Let's make this an amazing GTG!
ATTENDING LIST

DouglasOak and DirtyGirlAva
Stogen, OhSoSavvy and "Princess Savannah"!
MS 03 2500
Silver_Bullet

Attachments

• My Pictures1-001.JPG
    My Pictures1-001.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 258
back bacon and beer haha. 3 buddies came over at 9am the other weekend we stared the wood stove in my garage threw some female bacon on it and stared drinking beer and doing oil changes on our trucks

Can't wait to see some of our old friends, and looking forward to making new ones!
This sounds like it's going to be a great weekend!!

Going to go get an Enhanced Driver Licence so we can make it up for this.  I put in my request for Vacation today.  (y)

I'm going to reserve some sites @ the campground for those who wanna stay 'n' play....
I am also going to reserve some rooms at the local "NoTell Hotel" for the ones that are scared of spiders!!!

DirtyGirlAva said:
Can't wait to see some of our old friends, and looking forward to making new ones!
This sounds like it's going to be a great weekend!!
This one's for you DirtyGirl! :laugh:

Attachments

• juzlP1.jpg
    juzlP1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 175
There has been some interest from people coming from out of town to stay at a nearby hotel.

I work for Choice Hotels and can offer a "Friends and Family" discount at
The Comfort Inn
533 Kingston Road
Pickering, Ont

http://www.choicehotels.ca/en/comfort-hotel-cn291?cid=1025357

This hotel is only 3-4 minutes from Rouge Park Campground.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=7450+Kingston+Road,+Toronto,+ON&daddr=533+Kingston+Road,+Pickering,+ON&hl=en&geocode=FdponAIdR3ZI-ynrkMNH39vUiTGObF5R3fSrPw%3BFcyKnAIdY65I-ylnth_PWtnUiTEFl0A8-B174Q&aq=2&oq=533+kingston+road&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=26.739147,56.162109&vpsrc=0&t=h&mra=ls&ie=UTF8&z=15&layer=c&ei=FtGnT6zWIKb_wAHKu5jnCQ&pw=2

Anyone wishing to stay overnight at the hotel can send me a PM with your name and e-mail addy, and I will send you a link to book rooms at the discount rate.
If you plan on staying contact me ASAP as there is a limited number of rooms available and they WILL sell out quickly!!!

Attachments

• My Pictures1-001.JPG
    My Pictures1-001.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 145
BigC Mich said:
Going to go get an Enhanced Driver Licence so we can make it up for this.  I put in my request for Vacation today.   (y)

Not gonna make it after all.  One of my brothers is getting married that day.

Trying to find out how many are interested in camping Saturday night.
DirtyGirlAva and I are getting a site so we can bbq and have some beverages around a campfire. But we will be cutting out sometime early Sunday morning after last call, (Quarder Da Dwo?) to sleep at the Comfort Inn down the road.
We will be back in the morning for "Back Bacon, Beer, Maple Syrup, and Poutine Breakfast!!!"
I'm gonna try to get the sites booked next week so let me know if you want a site, otherwise everyone is more than welcome to come hang out by the fire, for more "Grub and Gab" and "Swig and Swear"  

Sounds like a blast and we love mini golf, but we're heading to the Outer Banks in NC for a week that weekend.

I know its over 2 months away, but I will be booking campsites on May 14 2012. We already have two confirmed sites.
Everyone is welcome to come back to the campground, for a BBQ dinner and Campfire.
Free parking is available at the main entrance.

The link below shows detailed maps and pricing for all sites.
http://trca.on.ca/enjoy/locations/glen-rouge-campground.dot

I am going to try to book the following sites:
# 69 (DirtyGirlAva requested this one!!!)
# 67 Stogen & OhSoSavvy
and will reserve the remaining 2 sites nearby for anyone wishing to join in at a later date.
# 65  ???
# 64  ???

Attachments

• 1-Glen-Rouge-Campground_web.jpg
    1-Glen-Rouge-Campground_web.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 101
stogen said:
I can't wait to se one of these av tents in person
They are awesome! I am going to look at one tomorrow, he's asking 150 but I will try to get it for 100 bucks, 120 max. If I get it, I'll bring it with me, and if you like it, it, it's all yours!
(Small fee for shipping and handling not included!)  :laugh:

It takes about 10 minutes to set up the tent (4 poles 6 straps and its up) a couple more minutes to inflate your mattress and your ready to put your SpiderMan pyjamas on and go nighty night!

The Avy tent is pretty cool and fairly well designed...factory air mattress is a bit expensive ($100+) so I'm gonna go with a Canadian tire special or lots of foam....lol...kids can sleep on the ground if they come along.  (y)

Back