• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Lets get it together...

cos_avy

Aight lots of talk about a gtg but nothing seems to be hashing out... so... here is my 2 cents. :cool:

Ideas:
#1 - Cruise up old stage coach and maybe find a lil trail or two to play on for a minute.  Continue to cripple and get some lunch and then make our way around to divide and on to woodland park.  From there we will take a lil back road adventure to Woodland Park, see attached link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=CO-67+S&daddr=Forest+Rd+300%2FRampart+Range+Rd+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=39.078109,-105.016766&spn=0.081821,0.195007&sll=39.059983,-105.014362&sspn=0.040921,0.097504&geocode=FSybVAIdTFO8-Q%3BFYVlVAIdrWe9-Q%3BFZB1VAId1mW_-Q&mra=mrv&t=m&z=13
I have done this before and it does not require 4wd but it might help in situations.

#2 - Wash / Wax / etc  / bbq in a park.  (more family friendly than previous)

#3 - Find a rental garage in town and rent two / three stalls out for the day and split the price and get everyone working on everyone's rides to get them thru the stall and next one in.  We cant over haul an engine but things like transmission pan drops and etc would be do able.  This will take some coordinating so we can get everyone thru and such by EOD and then maybe grill some burgers / dogs.  I know Ken has done this in the past but business is booming for them so availability is tight. 

Dates:
I am free on saturdays / sundays.  There are only a handful of weekends that I am busy this summer but other than that I am free.

Last weekend in July - I am out of town.. other than that I am free for the most part.  So dates are open... when are you guys free?

Well.. what ya got in mind?  :B:

Sounds good to me, I know of a few good wheelin spots Corey and I have done.  I will be gone from 15JUNE to 13JULY for some Army crap but outside of that lets do it! 

Also we should all get together and go to the drive in.

I'm down for something before the summer is up.  My issue is that most of the GTG's seem to be day long or overnight trips/stays.  I have a 3 year old and 11 month old boys and longer things like that just aren't going to happen right now haha!  I'm free most Saturdays and Sundays but stuff is always coming up last minute.  I'm all about the #2 more family oriented stuff for a few hours...

Aight lets try this again... how about this trip..

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Springs+Auto+%26+Truck+Service+Center,+Galley+Road,+Colorado+Springs,+CO&daddr=38.7422188,-104.9173637+to:38.7275533,-105.120276+to:Cripple+Creek,+CO+to:Woodland+Park,+CO+to:39.029259,-105.009801+to:Monument,+CO&hl=en&ll=39.083572,-104.832573&spn=0.119257,0.264187&sll=38.755757,-105.088177&sspn=0.059905,0.132093&geocode=FRO-UAIdeDDC-SFOKx4_f85qvilbn_wEUUYThzFOKx4_f85qvg%3BFcooTwIdjRa_-SlRom7ZNlwThzGVVdpLHsnBiQ%3BFYHvTgId7P27-SkFxypiXqEUhzGXDIoI1GpAXg%3BFR86TwIdNRu7-SlNzMF7haQUhzEDxiUnbcNK0Q%3BFdn_UgIdXvW8-SlBvg3Fy6oUhzFvYb-VdC4fzQ%3BFQuKUwIdd629-SmtQBqFlKpshzEtreGq656GUw%3BFct9VAIdysS_-Snl8wVrj61shzHbfw5A62pTIQ&oq=springs+auto&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=14&via=1,2,5&t=m&z=13

would take off in the mid AM timeframe and get to cripple and eat and chill... then take off for woodland park, could hit sonic there if needed and then on to monument. 

Anyone have connections to folks opening the Bass Pro shop on the north end of town.  We could do a gathering there when they open!???

That sounds like fun.  I like the route.  What weekend?  Aug 17th....or Aug 24th maybe?

Ready

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 171
Hey guys be sure to take lots of pictures!  (y)

I'd love to join you all but my av is needing the transmission replaced/rebuilt so I'm down & out until that's taken care of... I'll try and join you for the next one.

cos_avy said:
Aight lots of talk about a gtg but nothing seems to be hashing out... so... here is my 2 cents. :cool:

Ideas:
#1 - Cruise up old stage coach and maybe find a lil trail or two to play on for a minute.  Continue to cripple and get some lunch and then make our way around to divide and on to woodland park.  From there we will take a lil back road adventure to Woodland Park, see attached link:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=CO-67+S&daddr=Forest+Rd+300%2FRampart+Range+Rd+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&ll=39.078109,-105.016766&spn=0.081821,0.195007&sll=39.059983,-105.014362&sspn=0.040921,0.097504&geocode=FSybVAIdTFO8-Q%3BFYVlVAIdrWe9-Q%3BFZB1VAId1mW_-Q&mra=mrv&t=m&z=13
I have done this before and it does not require 4wd but it might help in situations.

#2 - Wash / Wax / etc  / bbq in a park.  (more family friendly than previous)

#3 - Find a rental garage in town and rent two / three stalls out for the day and split the price and get everyone working on everyone's rides to get them thru the stall and next one in.  We cant over haul an engine but things like transmission pan drops and etc would be do able.  This will take some coordinating so we can get everyone thru and such by EOD and then maybe grill some burgers / dogs.  I know Ken has done this in the past but business is booming for them so availability is tight. 

Dates:
I am free on saturdays / sundays.  There are only a handful of weekends that I am busy this summer but other than that I am free.

Last weekend in July - I am out of town.. other than that I am free for the most part.  So dates are open... when are you guys free?

Well.. what ya got in mind?   :B:

I'm up for the shop idea.
I could use new brake plates. It seems like a straight forward job, would just like some real 'wrenchers' around !

Jay

:wave:

HEY!

I'm thinking about heading to the First Saturday Car Show in CO SPRINGS tomorrow; 9/07/13

I'd be up for a group section of Avy Owners if we can find a spot to hang out.  Maybe a breakfast cruise to a local place after the show in the morning?  

First & Main Town Center - Saturday, Sept 7th, 8am - 10am
Dicks Sporting Goods Parking Lot

Here's the link:

http://www.firstandmaintowncenter.com/BookingRetrieve.aspx?ID=150427

I'll be heading down from Castle Rock with my family to attend.  Maybe we'll see ya there.  I'll check this thread for replies.

hey guys on the 22nd so week from sunday i am going to run this trail
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=401
if any one wants togo let me know and we can get something figured out there will be some non avy drivers there  :E: because i dont know any one else with one  :cry:  just a day of running the trails there its not that hard of a trail just having some fun getting to know what my avy is capable of  :D :B:

I might be able to join.  I've been to the top of North Twin Cone.  Fun ride near Kenosha Pass.
I'll double check the schedule and if I can join, I'll post a note on here for the 22nd.

GW

So.....sorry Dakotawilk.  I didn't follow up.

I had hopes of coming out towards Kenosha Pass and the trail you mentioned you were hitting on the 22nd.

Turns out my rear diff is jacking up.  I took it for a really mild off road trip on the 21st in the Pawnee Grasslands (coyote hunting).  Heard some clunking and felt some shuttering at low speed (pretty much a crawl) over bumps & ruts.

Took the diff cover off and all looks well; spider gears, ring and pinion.  I dislike very much the G80 (Gov lock) too.
Noticed quite a bit of slack/movement in the pinion shaft, so that's where I think its starting to crater.  Won't be long and it will leave me on the roadside, me thinks.  (n)

Well...its either going to be a Detroit Locker, Yukon Grizzly Locker, or Auburn Locker going in its place.  $$$  :E:

Ideas for Colorado/Wyoming GTG to kick off 2014.  April/May timeframe, depending on weather and road openings.

???

Iron Avalanche Run - Rocky Mountain National Park to Pikes Peak
No freeways.  Rural routes, off-road distractions as they occur, Forest Roads, breakfast/lunch/dinner.  Non-stop looks to be 5+ hours avoiding freeways.
Option to camp or hotel along the way (?)

CO Springs/Denver Meet - GTG as central as possible for everyone. State Park, camping, family friendly location, BBQ and bev, hang out and exchange war stories.  Fish Bowl bowling at the new Bass Pro Shops

Rainbow Falls Off-Road Jam - Rainbow Falls (north of Woodland Park).  Camping, skeet shooting, target shooting, off-roading on forest roads, ATVs (for those that have 'em), fishing, Pikes Peak fairly close.

Other ideas??

Later in the season:

Frontier Days 2014 - Cheyenne, WY.  Concerts, rodeos, camping, etc.  Reservations in advance to block spaces or rooms (?)

Just some thoughts... :wave:

Thanks,
Greg

HEY! when it warms up a bit maby spring break I was thinking going and doing slaughter house gultch anyone up for that I have heard theres been some partys there idk what your take is on that but im just getting to know people up here just recently moved (conifer/evergreen) I heard that there was a party people had to run the trail to get there haha I don't have a clue when it is if interested I could find out!  :B: :cheers:

I'm in. Slaughter House Gulch has some challenging spots; especially for stock vehicles.

I think it would be fun. 

(y)

yeah im heasitant myns stock got good tires but stock at most I have a set of torsion keys I want to get on soon! I got them for Christmas and still not on :E: but hey with a rig like urs going ill just make shire I got my tow rope :D

Absolutely!  I gotcha covered.  And, we won't go anywhere that is too risky.

Sounds good!! I got a friend most likely coming that drives a stock bronco and someother people from conifer my spring break is the last full week in march i don't know when your busy or not if we don't do it on a sunday i might be able to get another friend to come :)

hey what if we did 2 runs its real close to me so not bad on gas and i could do both what days of the week are the best for you guys? i was thinking possibly saturday the 22nd and the following friday the 28th thanks let me know! :drive: :woohoo:

I am going to be in denver on the 14th and 15th i think that we are leaving the 16th... im only going to be in the avy if i can figure out its fit that its throwing  :E: but im not sure i want to swing 2 trips down that way in a row... maybe swing the next one thats on a weekend  (y)

I looked at it and it didn't look like anything I haven't already done so I would be willing to give it a shot  :wave:

well i will have to see what im doing i am trying to save for 33's right now so well see how full my tank is :D if u get here ill go! let me ask around and see if any one else is game :D :laugh: :love: :B: (y) :cheers: :drive: :yourock: :drive: :woohoo: :woot:
smiley overload......

when im down there next weekend I think the book is already pretty full... might be able to grab a bite to eat no problem, but I have skydiving and trapfest to tend to  >:D thats been the plan for almost a year now

Back