• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

GTG in the GTA 2012- DATE CHANGED!- JULY 28 2012

DouglasOak

Cruise Coord
SM 2014
SM 2013
SM 2012
SM 2011
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE FROM JULY 21/22 TO JULY 28/29

This change was made to accommodate the schedules of many members who wanted to come, but had previous engagements on the 21st.

This change to one week later should allow for greater attendance.

I will re-book the campsites and the hotel rooms to reflect the date change.

Anyone able to attend on this date [size=18pt]PLEASE POST HERE    so I can revise the attending list![/size]

Attachments

• GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 210
Well here it is!!!
GTG in the GTA 2012

JULY 28 2012

I am hoping to see a lot of new faces, and maybe a few I've seen before at this event. There is some interest from the Michigan crew, and EVERYONE is welcome to join us!!

We can meet up at the AMC 24 Plaza in Whitby, at 11a.m.
401 @ Thickson Rd.
http://www.durhamcentral.com/amc/theatre.htm​

Activities will include
Grub and Gab
(there are many restaurants in and around the plaza)
Mini-Golf
(prizes for best score, and hole in one)
Whatever other trouble we may find ourselves in!
(this is an optional event, previous experience required)​

I am hoping we can get some interest in going back to Glen Rouge campground for a BBQ dinner. And some Avalanche Family time around a campfire.
For those who wish to stay for an evening of adult beverages and miscellaneous nonsense, everyone is more than welcome to attend!
:cheers:
http://trca.on.ca/enjoy/locations/glen-rouge-campground.dot​

Sunday morning breakfast will consist of "BACK BACON, BEER, and POUTINE" as these are the traditional breakfast foods of all Canadians!!!  ;D

If you can make it to this event please leave a line stating you are attending and names of guests you are bringing so I can add everyone to the list!
Also if you would like to stay at the campground, let me know so I can see about getting a section of sites to keep us all together.

Let's make this an amazing GTG!

Attachments

• GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 211
ATTENDING LIST
DouglasOak and DirtyGirlAva
Stogen, OhSoSavvy and "Princess Savannah"!
silver_bullet
Silver1 and Honey
MS03 2500

Attachments

• GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 211
There has been some interest from people coming from out of town to stay at a nearby hotel.

I work for Choice Hotels and can offer a "Friends and Family" discount at
The Comfort Inn
533 Kingston Road
Pickering, Ont

http://www.choicehotels.ca/en/comfort-hotel-cn291?cid=1025357

This hotel is only 3-4 minutes from Rouge Park Campground.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=7450+Kingston+Road,+Toronto,+ON&daddr=533+Kingston+Road,+Pickering,+ON&hl=en&geocode=FdponAIdR3ZI-ynrkMNH39vUiTGObF5R3fSrPw%3BFcyKnAIdY65I-ylnth_PWtnUiTEFl0A8-B174Q&aq=2&oq=533+kingston+road&sll=49.891235,-97.15369&sspn=26.739147,56.162109&vpsrc=0&t=h&mra=ls&ie=UTF8&z=15&layer=c&ei=FtGnT6zWIKb_wAHKu5jnCQ&pw=2

If you plan on staying contact me ASAP as there is a limited number of rooms available and they WILL sell out quickly!!!

ATTENDEES STAYING @ THE NO-TELL HOTEL
DouglasOak and DirtyGirlAva
Silver1 and Honey
MS03 2500

Attachments

• GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 209
We already have two confirmed sites.
Everyone is welcome to come back to the campground, for a BBQ dinner and Campfire.
Free parking is available at the main entrance.

The link below shows detailed maps and pricing for all sites.
http://trca.on.ca/enjoy/locations/glen-rouge-campground.dot

I have booked the following sites for July 28th:
# 69 (DirtyGirlAva requested this one!!!)   Small to Medium trailer
# 67 Stogen & OhSoSavvy                             Large trailer/Motorhome
and will reserve the remaining 2 sites nearby for anyone wishing to join in at a later date.
# 66  ???                                                               Small to Medium Trailer
# 64  ???
                                                              XL Trailer/XL Motorhome
All of the above sites are serviced
(15 & 30 amp hydro and water)

PRICING FOR THE SITES IS AS FOLLOWS:
Reservation Service Fee: CAD $10.00 (non refundable)
Reservation Fee HST: CAD $1.30 (non refundable)
Total Reservation Service Fee: CAD $11.30

Campground Rate: CAD $32.50
Campground Rate HST: CAD $4.23
Total Camping Fee: CAD $36.73

TOTAL FEES CHARGED: CAD $48.03

I WILL PERSONALLY PAY FOR THE RESERVATION FEE!
ALL YOU PAY IS $36.73

Please let me know if you would like a site at least 2 weeks in advance (July 13 2012) Otherwise I will be charged the full rate for the site (n)

Attachments

• 1-Glen-Rouge-Campground_web2.jpg
    1-Glen-Rouge-Campground_web2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 208
  • GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    GTG CanFlag 2.2.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 205
silver_bullet said:
Wow, that works!  I am back from Moncton that weekend, so this means I can come now!!

:woot: :cheers: (y)
That's AVesome!!!
I'm soooo glad you can make it! Let me know if you want a site @ the campground or a room. I will take care of it in the morning.
Are you gonna bring the whole Fam Damily?
It's gonna be a great time for all!

DouglasOak said:
That's AVesome!!!
I'm soooo glad you can make it! Let me know if you want a site @ the campground or a room. I will take care of it in the morning.
Are you gonna bring the whole Fam Damily?
It's gonna be a great time for all!

It will be a day trip for me, so no campsite or room.  And it will just be me, the wife doesn't like the whole GTG thing.  She doesn't understand it.

silver_bullet said:
It will be a day trip for me, so no campsite or room.  And it will just be me, the wife doesn't like the whole GTG thing.  She doesn't understand it.

That's why she should come. LOL

Had the same problem.

My wife loves going to GTG's it's not just a bunch of gearheads talking about there trucks, it's about food and fun and fellowship with friends. There will be at least 2 other ladies at this one, with mini golf, BBQ and campfire.

silver_bullet said:
So how did you get her to come to a GTG.  Mine refuses to even go with me!

Never did but she was not my wife just a long time GF, so if I can go shopping and stuff with her and she did not trust me. Get the hook she's gone.

If anyone wants to stay over at one of the available campsites PLEASE let me know before Friday the 13th.
I have to cancel any sites not being used by Saturday the 14th or I will be charged the full rate regardless if they are occupied or not. (n)

ONE WEEK TO GO!!!
I'll be loading up the trailer next Friday with camping gear, chairs, bikes, BBQ, fridges, coolers, tools, etc. So we can get an early start on Saturday morning. (It's a little over 4 hour drive for us, but we'll be there for 11 am.)
Can't wait to see everyone!  (y)
It's gonna be a great day and a fun filled night!!
:cheers:

SO EXCITED FOR THIS WEEKEND!!!!!
We've been getting all the gear together, but we are(I am) also thinking of food for Saturday night... we will bring a dozen ears of corn, potatoes, and all the condiments, plates, cutlery pots, pans. Probably best if we get our burgers and dogs fresh just before dinner, but if anyone wants to bring chips, dips etc... that would be great!! Chime in and let us know if you wanna bring some things for sharing at dinner or around the campfire (smores etc)
If you can think of anything that you can bring to the campground, PLEASE post up!
SEE Y'ALL SOON!!!! :cheers:

ONLY 2 MORE SLEEPS!!!

LOOKS LIKE GREAT WEATHER FOR THE WEEKEND!!! (y)

Saturday July 28
Partly sunny and nice 80? Lo 66?
RealFeel? 80? / Lo 61?

Sunday July 29
Mostly sunny 85? Lo 62?
RealFeel? 89? / Lo 59?

Sorry I could not make it.

DouglasOak said:
PLEASE NOTE THE DATE CHANGE FROM JULY 21/22 TO JULY 28/29

This change was made to accommodate the schedules of many members who wanted to come, but had previous engagements on the 21st.

This change to one week later should allow for greater attendance.

I will re-book the campsites and the hotel rooms to reflect the date change.

Anyone able to attend on this date [size=18pt]PLEASE POST HERE    so I can revise the attending list![/size]

I thought it was CAFCNA etiquette not to post other gtgs during nationals?

Trafficman said:
I thought it was CAFCNA etiquette not to post other gtgs during nationals?
Sorry Trafficman, That's a long haul for all of us Canucks to go. We wanted to celebrate our love for the Avalanche family WITH you!
We did have a great time, we'll try to post pix soon!

DouglasOak said:
Sorry Trafficman, That's a long haul for all of us Canucks to go. We wanted to celebrate our love for the Avalanche family WITH you!
We did have a great time, we'll try to post pix soon!

Cool can't wait to see them thar pixturs

Back