Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Middeck mod with Pics - Like it?  (Read 20023 times)

HawaiianBrian

• Be good or be gone!
New Middeck mod with Pics - Like it?
« on: 06/14/12 01:26 PM »

I was bored the other night and came across a post about the mid-deck. Thought it was an interesting mod idea, did some research and ended up making one for the "60" side of my rear seats. Used a piece of 3ft x 3ft - 3/4 ply I had on hand leftover from the cargo slide floor, cut it down to size, did a little trimming as needed, covered it with some home depot carpet and there it is. Total cost $11.97! Pretty solid, perfect for the dog to sit and be comfortable as well as throwing all kinds stuff back there instead of on the leather seat. Did you ever flip up the bottom portion only of the rear seat, throw some stuff on the floor and then have the backrest portion slam down on your loaf of bread after you stop at a light? Well - this is the fix for that! (LOL)
Here's pics as reference.

2007 3LT - Silver Birch.

Rewind

Re: New Middeck mod with Pics - Like it?
« Reply #1 on: 06/14/12 01:51 PM »

Very cool!!!! I might just give this a go.
2005 Silver Birch Metallic WBH 2WD LT Z66 traded for
2007 Sunburst Orange Metallic WBH 4WD LTZ

ThreeD

• '07 Avalanche LTZ
« Reply #2 on: 06/14/12 02:38 PM »

:thumbsup:
Three to the D

avz66

• CAFCNA 2009 Supporting Member
  • AV - AHOLIC!!!
« Reply #3 on: 06/14/12 02:53 PM »

nice job  :thumbsup:
2002 Avalanche Z66 Indigo Blue - Bought 9-25-01 as of today  0,106,000 miles

66 AV gtgs - 22,892 Miles - Tx. (Hou, S.A.,A) LA, KY, AL,TENN., SD, Wy

CAFCNA Member - 305

Mods - Cowl Hood, Epic Gladiator 20s, Volant CAI, SportsWing, Flowmaster 40, Trenz Bullet Grill and Bowtie, AMP fuel door

7-13-15 stage 4 cancer

1Fastrider

• Hi there
    • OCMoto
« Reply #4 on: 06/19/12 08:04 AM »

Looks good.  What did you use to cut the wood?
No more Avy. Sold '07, '12
'12 Avy/LT/4x4/All Star Edition. Iron Bull bumper. Rough Country 3.5" lift, ProComp PXA7089, 285/70/17 Nittos. Lights-LED spot,fogs,bed,underglow, rear strobes, Painless dual battery setup .

HawaiianBrian

• Be good or be gone!
« Reply #5 on: 06/19/12 10:27 AM »

Looks good.  What did you use to cut the wood?
thx for the compliments!
I used a circular saw to cut it down to the basic 3 ft x 3ft size. Then I used a Jigg saw to cut out the small oval areas to get a good tight fit. I did trim off an extra 1/2 inch from the front and the rear to allow room for the carpet.
2007 3LT - Silver Birch.

wheelmans

« Reply #6 on: 06/19/12 11:49 AM »

That looks very professional!!!  Nice work fitting/trimming.  This is a must do for me.  We always use my wife's old Camry to transport the dog.

I might make two, one for each side depending if one or two kids will be riding along (use the smaller one if both kids are riding in back with the dog).
2012 LT Silver Ice w/body color cladding, All Star Edition
07 AV LT Silver Birch Regency Edition

HawaiianBrian

• Be good or be gone!
« Reply #7 on: 06/19/12 01:19 PM »

That looks very professional!!!  Nice work fitting/trimming.  This is a must do for me.  We always use my wife's old Camry to transport the dog.

I might make two, one for each side depending if one or two kids will be riding along (use the smaller one if both kids are riding in back with the dog).
the carpet hides all the trim work very well.
Yes, it is surprisingly an esay mod to do, very useful and very inexpensive. I just leave mine there most of the time now, the carseat fits perfect on the 40 split side. If need be, just put the deck behind the seat when the seat is needed.
2007 3LT - Silver Birch.

Avy2003

« Reply #8 on: 06/28/12 10:30 AM »

Wow... Really professional looking! I'd like to try one for mine!! ...probably wont look as nice, but great idea!!
2003 White WBH

petegemelli

« Reply #9 on: 12/05/12 11:15 AM »

nice job!!

krazycarguy

• Chevy Technician
« Reply #10 on: 12/05/12 11:28 AM »

I made a full size one for my back seat, works great. I also cut it in half the long way and use the carpet as a hinge for easier removaland installation.
2008 Avy LTZ, Olympic White, N-fabs light bar with KC Apollos, K&N intake, LED sail panel bolts, LED bed lighting, LED interior lights, LED puddle lights, LED reverse lights, LED licence plate lights, LED amber emergency strobes, full time LED DRLs and LED Fogs, 2" lift, Powder coated OE 20" rims wrapped in toyo open countrys.

Z66 BUTCH

• CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member
  • I love Dachshunds
« Reply #11 on: 01/10/13 03:31 AM »

Does anyone have the plans for the Middeck? I am wanting to build the full size deck and looking for plans........

Thomcat

• CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member
« Reply #12 on: 02/03/13 08:38 AM »

Don't need a mid deck.......Fold the seat cushions and place the groceries and everything directly on the floor space......the soft foam dog bed fits just fine in the space also and keeps him from jumping or sticking his nose over the console.......To prevent  damage from the backrest(s) falling forward in stops and turns, simply fasten the shoulder/seat belts across the backrest(s)........doesn't sound like the belts will catch them in time to prevent falling forward?........but, it does.
Current Chevys - '16 SilveradoZ71;'13 Malibu LT; '15 Traverse LT2; '15 Camaro LS
Previous Avys - '07 Silver Birch LT, '12 Black LT;'13 Fairway Green LT Z71
Previous  Chevys: '11 Tahoe LT; '11 Malibu LS; '06 Colorado WT; '80 Citation (a FWD POS -turned me off Chevys for 15 years); '75 Impala; 72 Chevelle; '69 Camaro R/T; '65 Impala SS; '62 Nova; '59 Impala; '53 model 210
Other: '80 Cordoba, '84 Crown Vic, '88 Crown Vic, '90 Fleetwood, '96 Taurus, '99 Cirrus, '00 Explorer, '02 300M, '04 300M, '06 T&C miniv

tusa07

• CAFCNA 2013 Supporting Member
« Reply #13 on: 11/10/13 12:55 PM »

I made the Mid deck for my 2007.
It also fits my 2013 and I made the two piece one also...so now I have a couple of choices  :D :D :D

Dueck

• CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member
« Reply #14 on: 11/11/13 10:52 AM »

Does anyone have the plans for the Middeck? I am wanting to build the full size deck and looking for plans........

PM sent your way
2007 LTZ, SOM, GM bug deflector, Chevy mud flaps, Weather Tech floor mats & vent shades, mid-deck, color matched bowties, rear head rest mod, amber DRL's, low profile bedslide, RECON LED tail light bar, Bowtie hitch cover, Silverstar zXe headlights, AR893 black & machined wheels/Nexen Roadian HP tires, LED reverse lights, EZ Down tailgate assist .
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

V. Anthony

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
  • Formally vanthony
« Reply #15 on: 11/11/13 11:14 AM »

PM sent your way

I would like one of those PM's also   :wave:
Vic

2006 AVY LT  VICTORY RED Z71
-FTDRL
-All Four on Brake
-All 10 on High
-KC Long Range Lights
-Etched Rear Window (Avalanche)
-LED Sail Panel Lights
-Corsa Sport Exhaust

bones08

« Reply #16 on: 11/11/13 03:54 PM »

im also interested in  plans  :thumbsup:

Dueck

« Reply #17 on: 11/11/13 04:32 PM »

im also interested in  plans  :thumbsup:

pm sent your way
2007 LTZ, SOM, GM bug deflector, Chevy mud flaps, Weather Tech floor mats & vent shades, mid-deck, color matched bowties, rear head rest mod, amber DRL's, low profile bedslide, RECON LED tail light bar, Bowtie hitch cover, Silverstar zXe headlights, AR893 black & machined wheels/Nexen Roadian HP tires, LED reverse lights, EZ Down tailgate assist .
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

EXT4ME

• CAFCNA 2018 Premium Member
  • ... I saw a DEADHEAD sticker on a Cadillac ...
« Reply #18 on: 11/11/13 05:54 PM »

PM me!

Please consider helping to keep our Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America alive! Become a Supporting Member Today! Without ongoing member support, our forum may have trouble surviving. The annual cost of a membership is very small compared to the wealth of knowledge this site provides. Let's do what we can to not lose it. THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!

wyotonka

• CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator
  • WyoTonka
« Reply #19 on: 11/11/13 08:04 PM »

Me too please  ;D

2003 Avalanche
2010 Kia Koup sx
2015 Chrysler 300s
Tonka Truck Build

avz66

• AV - AHOLIC!!!
« Reply #20 on: 11/12/13 01:45 PM »

I would like one of those PM's also   :wave:
me too  :D
2002 Avalanche Z66 Indigo Blue - Bought 9-25-01 as of today  0,106,000 miles

66 AV gtgs - 22,892 Miles - Tx. (Hou, S.A.,A) LA, KY, AL,TENN., SD, Wy

CAFCNA Member - 305

Mods - Cowl Hood, Epic Gladiator 20s, Volant CAI, SportsWing, Flowmaster 40, Trenz Bullet Grill and Bowtie, AMP fuel door

7-13-15 stage 4 cancer

AVinSbyCt

« Reply #21 on: 11/12/13 06:01 PM »

I've got the plywood and carpet... Please pm me too!
'12 LT All Star Edition 4X4 Steel Gray Metallic/Ebony Leather Interior with power sunroof, K&N drop in filter, WeatherTech floor liners, Molded splash guards, Mag Lite Mod, Color Matched Bowties, Color Matched Bugflector II, WeatherTech in channel side window deflectors, Front Windows tinted, Autowoods console trim, Chrome tow hooks, Fuel Throttle 20x9; Cooper Discoverer AT3 275 55 20, Corsa cat back sport exhaust, GM stainless door sills, GM Avalanche license plate frame, BedRug

hyyal

« Reply #22 on: 11/12/13 07:49 PM »

Just send a PM to everyone!

Great mod, I might try that this weekend!

wolverine350r

« Reply #23 on: 11/12/13 08:48 PM »

Looks great!  In for the pm on plans, although I have been helping a friend build one for the back of his ex cab Tacoma so I think I have a good idea of what to do. My main concern is the best kind of carpet and how to "wrap" it around.

Dueck

« Reply #24 on: 11/13/13 04:24 AM »

Looks great!  In for the pm on plans, although I have been helping a friend build one for the back of his ex cab Tacoma so I think I have a good idea of what to do. My main concern is the best kind of carpet and how to "wrap" it around.

It looks like I used the same stuff as HawaiianBrian. It was about the cheapest stuff I could get. In the end the dogs don't know there is better stuff out there.  It's all about personal preference. When I redo it I'm going to get something that doesn't attract as much dog hair. 
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

Mathews72

« Reply #25 on: 11/19/13 08:00 AM »

Would love the plans!  PM me please!

try again

« Reply #26 on: 11/19/13 10:37 AM »

that looks good and probably better than what I did as I bought the GM cargo area liner and it has a pocket that goes over the top of the rear seats when folded down and tucks in the sides... http://www.gmpartsnow.com/oem-part/chevrolet/avalanche-parts/2011/lt/5-3l-v8-flex/cargo-management-interior/cargo-area-liner/bowtie-logo-black/17803464?search_str=accessories  although I am very happy with it and easy to take out and shake off and hair does NOT stick to it as its heavy denier type nylon and stores in saddlebags or in rear or under seat easy...   jeff
« Last Edit: 11/19/13 10:39 AM by try again »

Rjansing

« Reply #27 on: 11/26/13 04:28 AM »

I too would appreciate receiving the plans!  Need to cover the entire back section of my wife's 2013 LTZ.  New to the fan club so not sure how I would get them, thanks!

Erren

« Reply #28 on: 07/16/15 05:26 AM »

Sorry to post on an old thread, but if the plans are still floating around, I'd love a PM with a copy.  Just bought a camper and needed to figure out a way to take 2 kids + bigger dog along for the trip.

I made something similar to this for a Dodge Magnum a few years back, but that was square, compared to the cutouts need for the Avalanche.

Thanks!

Z66 BUTCH

• CAFCNA 2012 Supporting Member
  • I love Dachshunds
« Reply #29 on: 07/16/15 06:00 AM »

Sorry to post on an old thread, but if the plans are still floating around, I'd love a PM with a copy.  Just bought a camper and needed to figure out a way to take 2 kids + bigger dog along for the trip.

I made something similar to this for a Dodge Magnum a few years back, but that was square, compared to the cutouts need for the Avalanche.

Thanks!
There are 2 versions of the Mid Deck. One is full size that covers the whole back area and the other one is split, covers the 60/40 with 2 seperate peices. Maybe someone has plans and you could just make the "40" part for yor dog and let the kids have the "60"?

EXT4ME

« Reply #30 on: 07/16/15 06:30 AM »

There are 2 versions of the Mid Deck. One is full size that covers the whole back area and the other one is split, covers the 60/40 with 2 seperate peices. Maybe someone has plans and you could just make the "40" part for yor dog and let the kids have the "60"?

Erren,

Here is a picture of my two-piece Mid-Deck before I applied the carpet.

The "holes" in mine were made into "slots" because the original holes cut by the wood working shop were just slightly off when we did a test fit.

I couldn't be certain if the guy cut them wrong of if the plan measurements were slightly off or my truck is just slightly different.

Doesn't really matter since the final product fits perfectly now and the holes are not visible from the top side anyway..

When you get the plans, you will see where you cut the one piece to make the two piece Mid-Deck.

You obviously can choose which side you want to use at any given time and both do not have to be used together.

Also, you need to make several more posts before you are allowed to use the PM feature on this forum.
Please consider helping to keep our Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America alive! Become a Supporting Member Today! Without ongoing member support, our forum may have trouble surviving. The annual cost of a membership is very small compared to the wealth of knowledge this site provides. Let's do what we can to not lose it. THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT!

Erren

« Reply #31 on: 07/16/15 08:22 AM »

Thanks for the info.  I am looking for the 60/40.  I want to make both for different uses.

I'm pretty handy with a jigsaw so hopefully I can make this on the cheap. 

Now to get my post count up without spamming.  I've been a lurker since I bought my 2013 BD new.  This forum has been awesome to get my bearings and see what's available.

AvYogi

« Reply #32 on: 07/25/15 11:46 PM »

I'd love a copy of the 60/40 plans as well. Could you please PM them to me?  Thanks!
2003 Z71, Pewter. 
Fully loaded, Stock.
Mods: All-on-high.

just_luc

• Barrie and area real estate
« Reply #33 on: 09/26/15 08:43 PM »

I also would love a copy of the 60/40 plans if someone is giving them out!
2013 White Diamond LTZ

- weathertech front and rear mats
- all interior and exterior bulbs swapped for LED
- OEM molded mud flaps with embossed bowtie

MoBlanche

• Check out my photography portfolio
« Reply #34 on: 09/27/15 04:54 AM »

I did not have the plans,so just used a large piece of cardboard, made rough cuts on it after measuring the space to be covered, then trimmed to fit with a box-cutter. Used that as a template to cut a piece of3/4" plywood I had laying around. Make sure you have the front seats all the way back when you do the cardboard, or the mid-deck will restrict the rearward motion.

Used the original cardboard piece again to size the cut to make a 60/40. The plywood then was a template to cut carpet I had saved from our bedroom remodel years ago - (it even nearly matches the Av's original carpet). I did not glue my carpet down, so I can use the bare wood alone when I want to haul messy stuff back there.

Total cost - the electricity to run the saw ! (And I am very far from clever with wood-working).
Worked so well, my brother had me make one for his Av- he wanted one piece, not 60/40.

Cheers! (And Aloha to Brian for the original idea, if he still lurks once in a while)!
2011  LTZ (K&N filter, Red LED interiors and puddles, Eagle Alloy rims, Klein train horn, Setina push bumper with integrated LEDs, license-plate LEDs with flash capability, Husky under-seat storage with Mag-light mod, custom removable mid-deck)

It was inherited from my beloved father. This was formerly his account. I have taken it over to honor his memory. May he not cringe in the heavens from my lack of car knowledge.

just_luc

« Reply #35 on: 09/30/15 07:30 PM »

Dueck, thanks for the PM. It seems I don't have enough posts to reply yet but I'm definitely interested.
2013 White Diamond LTZ

V. Anthony

• CAFCNA 2017 Premium Member
  • Formally vanthony
« Reply #36 on: 09/30/15 07:36 PM »

I think I have a copy of them. If you PM me with your email address, I can send them to you.
Vic

2006 AVY LT  VICTORY RED Z71
-FTDRL
-All Four on Brake
-All 10 on High
-KC Long Range Lights
-Etched Rear Window (Avalanche)
-LED Sail Panel Lights
-Corsa Sport Exhaust

Dueck

« Reply #37 on: 10/01/15 05:34 PM »

Dueck, thanks for the PM. It seems I don't have enough posts to reply yet but I'm definitely interested.

If that email address on your profile is good, check your email in the next day our two.
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

just_luc

« Reply #38 on: 10/01/15 05:38 PM »

If that email address on your profile is good, check your email in the next day our two.

It is, and I will. Thank you.
2013 White Diamond LTZ

09chevyavy

• Building my first dream AV, someday Ill get more
« Reply #39 on: 10/01/15 06:02 PM »

I did the full size deck in my 2009. I love that thing so much.

Cannot seem to find the plans anymore even though I did a couple months ago when I did it.
Owner and operator of Deep South Performance
2009 AV LT
Check out build here: http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,144942.0.html

Dueck

« Reply #40 on: 10/02/15 05:41 AM »

I'd love a copy of the 60/40 plans as well. Could you please PM them to me?  Thanks!
Thanks for the info.  I am looking for the 60/40.  I want to make both for different uses.

I'm pretty handy with a jigsaw so hopefully I can make this on the cheap. 

Now to get my post count up without spamming.  I've been a lurker since I bought my 2013 BD new.  This forum has been awesome to get my bearings and see what's available.

Did you guys get a copy of the plans yet? If not, email me so I can return a copy your way. Your profiles don't have your email address.
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

Dueck

« Reply #41 on: 10/02/15 05:42 AM »

It is, and I will. Thank you.

Check your email
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

getdatearl

« Reply #42 on: 10/03/15 07:42 PM »

Dueck, I'm also a new Ava owner (05' Z-71 WBH) and would love to get the plans. I think my email address is attached to my account. Would you mind sending them my way?

Dueck

« Reply #43 on: 10/04/15 07:58 AM »

Dueck, I'm also a new Ava owner (05' Z-71 WBH) and would love to get the plans. I think my email address is attached to my account. Would you mind sending them my way?

Check your email, enjoy.
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

AV 2500

• CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member
« Reply #44 on: 10/04/15 12:28 PM »

Could you send them to me as well please.
2003 black Avalanche 2500, Mods include Amber DRL, black bowtie,  Drawtite 41930 rear hitch, front mount receiver hitch, gooseneck hitch, brush guard, KC'S,  dual batteries, Flowmaster dual exhaust, hypertech tuner, 180 t-stat, K\N intake, bug deflector and rear bumper cup holders.
1969 Olds 442
1994 Olds Cutlass Supreme Convertible

Dueck

« Reply #45 on: 10/04/15 12:37 PM »

Could you send them to me as well please.

PM'd you
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

geohog82

« Reply #46 on: 10/08/15 12:10 PM »

Could I get a set of the plans as well please?  Email address is in my profile.

Thanks
2012 LTZ 4WD Imperial Blue Metallic, BakFlip HD Tonneau cover, Bed Slide 800, Bushwacker Pocket Flares

Dueck

« Reply #47 on: 10/08/15 03:34 PM »

Could I get a set of the plans as well please?  Email address is in my profile.

Thanks

Check you  email.
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

MVOH

« Reply #48 on: 10/11/15 06:18 AM »

Could you please email them to me too?  Thanks. 

Dueck

« Reply #49 on: 10/11/15 07:41 AM »

Could you please email them to me too?  Thanks.  

Just need your email address, either add it to your profile or email me and I can help you out. My email is on my profile.
« Last Edit: 10/11/15 07:44 AM by Dueck »
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

MVOH

« Reply #50 on: 10/16/15 09:25 PM »

Got all the cuts made tonight. Plans were perfect. Thanks again!

Dueck

« Reply #51 on: 10/22/15 04:49 PM »

Got all the cuts made tonight. Plans were perfect. Thanks again!

VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

T Mtn

« Reply #52 on: 01/02/16 03:45 PM »

Very nice job. I just bought an AV and haven't familiarized myself  with it so I am wondering if any of the pieces (single deck or 60/40) will fit behind the back seat and out of sight when the seats are back up? Sorry if this is  a noob question. I just haven't had enough hands on time with my truck since I bought it 3 days ago. I would like to make one, especially if the piece(s) will store out of sight.
2002 5.3 Z71 4x4 Lifted

EXT4ME

« Reply #53 on: 01/02/16 06:17 PM »

My 60/40 mid-deck with carpet does not sit behind the seats.

I leave them in the garage until needed.

Cat Dancer

• CAFCNA 2003 Supporting Member
  • Well Stanley, This is Another Fine Mess!
« Reply #54 on: 01/02/16 06:32 PM »

My 60/40 mid-deck with carpet does not sit behind the seats.

I leave them in the garage until needed.

Same here.

If I'm on a trip and they are desired, I'll take them out and leave them in the garage of the place I'm going to, or, put them in the bed until the return trip home.

The driver's seat does not travel full length back when the the 60% side is in place.
2K03 LPM Z71 5/03 - 4/10
The True Essence of Understatement

2K10 Z71
Not Sperry τΏτ Driven, Sperry τΏτ Approval Pending

2K13 Black Diamond, Chair Lift Edition , Black Of Course!

T Mtn

« Reply #55 on: 01/02/16 09:18 PM »

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably still end up making one to put my wireless speaker/sub box on. I also like the idea of having one with a tie-down for the dogs :)
2002 5.3 Z71 4x4 Lifted

shazee

« Reply #56 on: 02/09/16 10:34 AM »

Can I get the plans for this one?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Dueck

« Reply #57 on: 02/10/16 07:48 PM »

Can I get the plans for this one?

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Send me an email, (it's on my profile) I'll get them to you in the next day or two.
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

hondo41144

« Reply #58 on: 03/06/16 01:31 PM »

Came across this years ago and meant to build it. Never got around to it and now I definitely will since I'm keeping my AV forever! Just sent Dueck an email for the plans so thanks in advance!
'04 WBH Spiral Gray Metallic Z71. Black front air dam, FTDRLs, black metallic bow tie, capped grab handle screws, screened drain holes in bed.

Dueck

« Reply #59 on: 03/07/16 08:10 AM »

Came across this years ago and meant to build it. Never got around to it and now I definitely will since I'm keeping my AV forever! Just sent Dueck an email for the plans so thanks in advance!

Check your inbox.
VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

hondo41144

« Reply #60 on: 03/10/16 06:31 AM »

Just finished this mod. Thanks to all and especially to Dueck who was exceptional in sending the plans so quickly. I needed to get this done fast because I have to pick up a dog we are fostering on Saturday. He's coming from Texas to CT on a transport. It's a long ride and he left yesterday 3/9/16 and isn't arriving until Saturday 3/12/16. Anyway Lowe's didn't have any of the carpet I wanted to use but I happened to see these and thought they might be a good alternative. They interlock and are rugged yet soft with a nice textured surface for traction. They were EASY to cut and fit. Just cut them 2"-3" larger than the wood base and then trim as needed and place over the base, no need to glue. I even was able to fill in the spaces in the back of the seat backs. If one panel gets worn or whatever you can just take it out and replace it. They were $19 for a set of 4. You need 2 packages but that gives you 2 spare panels. Oh ya, and it just so happens that these matched my interior.  

Here's my dog Monty enjoying the new mod. He loves it!

« Last Edit: 03/10/16 06:35 AM by hondo41144 »
'04 WBH Spiral Gray Metallic Z71. Black front air dam, FTDRLs, black metallic bow tie, capped grab handle screws, screened drain holes in bed.

EXT4ME

« Reply #61 on: 03/10/16 08:44 AM »

Nice find!

Looks to be Monty Approved.

Dueck

« Reply #62 on: 03/10/16 10:06 AM »

Just finished this mod. Thanks to all and especially to Dueck who was exceptional in sending the plans so quickly. I needed to get this done fast because I have to pick up a dog we are fostering on Saturday. He's coming from Texas to CT on a transport. It's a long ride and he left yesterday 3/9/16 and isn't arriving until Saturday 3/12/16. Anyway Lowe's didn't have any of the carpet I wanted to use but I happened to see these and thought they might be a good alternative. They interlock and are rugged yet soft with a nice textured surface for traction. They were EASY to cut and fit. Just cut them 2"-3" larger than the wood base and then trim as needed and place over the base, no need to glue. I even was able to fill in the spaces in the back of the seat backs. If one panel gets worn or whatever you can just take it out and replace it. They were $19 for a set of 4. You need 2 packages but that gives you 2 spare panels. Oh ya, and it just so happens that these matched my interior.  

:thumbsup: Looks like he's going to enjoy the rides!!

Here's my dog Monty enjoying the new mod. He loves it!

VI - Winnipeg, Manitoba

hondo41144

« Reply #63 on: 03/10/16 11:48 AM »

Nice find!

Looks to be Monty Approved.

Monty loves it.  :A: Not to mention it is waterproof and super easy to clean!

Mondo Condo

• Steve - Granby, CT
« Reply #64 on: 05/11/16 04:39 AM »

Here's mine. I bought 3/4" stall mat from Tractor Supply Company for $40. Keeps Wrigley's toes out of all the metal pinch points and is easy to install/remove/and put in the back if need be since it is pliable, not to mention waterproof.

angshan

« Reply #65 on: 06/30/16 08:20 PM »

I would like a copy of the plans if possible. Thanks.
2011 black LTZ
Factory 22's.
Painless dual batteries.
Quad projector head lights.
Morimoto LED fog lights.
Hypertech tuner.
JL center console stealthbox
Painted front and rear bowties

Mondo Condo

• Steve - Granby, CT
« Reply #66 on: 07/01/16 07:38 AM »

Sent you an email, hope it helps

angshan

« Reply #67 on: 07/01/16 07:41 AM »

Very much so. Thank you!
2011 black LTZ
Factory 22's.
Painless dual batteries.
Morimoto LED fog lights.
Hypertech tuner.

LornesAV

• CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member
« Reply #68 on: 07/02/16 09:38 PM »

I would like the plans as well.
2008 Z71

cissysdad

« Reply #69 on: 07/05/16 03:42 PM »

i need the plans also thanks in advance kent

angshan

« Reply #70 on: 08/28/16 02:20 PM »

I made mine today. I did the 60/40 split.

2011 black LTZ
Factory 22's.
Painless dual batteries.
Morimoto LED fog lights.
Hypertech tuner.

EXT4ME

« Reply #71 on: 08/28/16 05:58 PM »

Those look good!

malbrecht1

• CAFCNA 2017 Supporting Member
« Reply #72 on: 11/01/16 10:03 PM »

This is going on my list of things to do
2003 Z71 Cladded
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 24 queries.