• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

300,000 mile club

Humm that 1,000 quarts of oil @ $4 = $4,000. Small price to pay for all those miles.

I believe we have a few more members over 300,000

Have 302,127 miles. Bought it new in August '02. I am only owner. Valves are going wacky at this point and rings are a bit shot. Just bought a rebuilt 5.3 with bigger cam and pistons from GM through JEGS with 100,000 mile warranty or 3 years. Cam and pistons pushed it up to 327 horse. Swapping it out on the 6th. Sorry it had to go but don't want to be towed home. LOVE this truck. Going to put Rancho RSX 170000's on with new Michelins all around. Been everywhere with my baby. (y)

:welcome: bby hmv

Wow, 300,000 miles! That is simply insane!

It'll take me another ten years to get to 300,000.

PerfectReign said:
:welcome: bby hmv

Wow, 300,000 miles! That is simply insane!

It'll take me another ten years to get to 300,000.
20 years for me  :D i have nt hit 100k yet lol

(y) If y'all don't want to happen to you that happened to me make SURE you change your oil every three thousand. Let mine go to seven, by mistake, SLUDGE!!! That's why my valves are "rockin". But oh well. Gonna have a new engine, 40 more horse, a few pounds more of torque and I'm good to go for at least another 300,000. Ths time I'm shootin for 500,000 with NO problems. Maybe I'll get a new 2500 HD Crew Cab from mother GM at the end. But ya gotta love the AV. Will never let her go. Any monthly or weekly meets in Oklahoma?

I have about 312K on mine. Really I have had to do little outside of routine mtce. Last week i pulled my 10,000# tractor and tri-axle trailer about 20 miles over hill and valley to do some work for a friend. She never let out a whimper, just trudged along. I suppose everyone with great automotive success will attribute it to something or other. Regardless of what may have worked for one, i swear by Mobil 1 and care. If you take her to the mud hole, be sure to treat her right when you get home. Works well for trucks too.....  >:D

I am the original owner of a 2002 Z66 I am at 377,000 miles and counting.  Just came back from a 5000 mile trip and averaged 21.3 MPG.  My Avalanche is the best vehicle I ever owned. I use Mobile 1 5W30 and change it every time the the oil change light comes on. 

edwardduchene said:
I am the original owner of a 2002 Z66 I am at 377,000 miles and counting.
your going to need a 400,000 mile club thread soon  :eek:

I have 281,000 on my 02.  I am the original owner and the truck has been impeccable, unfortunately Im hearing some knocking. Looks like a new engine is in the future.  Wish I could have reached 300. 

I am real close to turning over 300k.  Bought it just over 200k and did a ton of work to it (came with a bad tranny but was only 900$).  It looks pristine and the engine has never been rebuilt and runs VERY strong... even tows my 7x14 5,000+lbs trailer fully loaded with minimal uphill overheating.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19145887@N03/8098708630/in/photostream/

2002 - z66 - 317K

tranny is getting rebuilt as I type this.

Biggest issues i've had:

2 - alternators - done at a local shop
1 - fuel pump - deal replaced - cost me 1k
1 - front passenger window regulator - never fixed
1 - anti lock brake computer - never fixed - so no anti lock brakes

And to think I was happy when I finally broke the 100K mark!  You peeps with the high miles makes me think I can run my Av for another couple decades!  :love:

Wow! Makes me feel good to know that some of you have reached 300k on original engine

Just passed the 270k mark on my '05 a few days ago!  Hoping to hit that 300k mark soon.

I bought it new 10 years ago, never any problems with the engine or transmission.  I change oil and filter every 6000 miles, but I use Mobile 1 synthetic.  Biggest problems I have had is in the last year I've had to replace the fuel pump and the water pump.  In the last couple weeks the drivers side seat has started balking at raising or lowering so I got to figure that out.  Great riding vehicle, and I usually get 19-20MPG on interstates.
I am debating on whether to trade for a new one or just drive it til it gives out.
Definitely the best vehicle I have ever owned.

I just changed my oil today, at 89xxx miles.  I just go by when the DIC tells me to change it.  I get about 7-8k miles between changes, but I don't tow anything and rarely go on long trips.

Just noticed today that I may have to replace my water pump.  That's gonna be fun...  lol

I have a question for the high mile club . What about changing the tranny filter and oil ? I have 146k on my 05, bought it with 60k and I haven't done it yet. I have to kits in the garage just no time. My biggest fear is blowing the tranny . I've been looking at an 07 with 96k on it. The other problem I will have getting there is body rot , my left rear quarter has a rot hole at the gas door. 

Back