• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Newest Event for Southern Region

RJLACK

SM 2005
Memorial Cruise II for Pete ? Goo929

This will be a club wide-open event ? all are welcome!

August 29th - September 1st

tt2.JPG

1. Friday night: August 29th - For those who come in on that Friday, we can enjoy the Mission Drive In Outdoor Theater. ACA usually gets to the Drive Inn by 6pm to be first in line, gates open at 7:45pm. Dinner is enjoyed inside the theater once we are let in the gates, you can bring in anything you would like for dinner, one can consume alcohol but glass is prohibited, but we have not been caught yet!

2. Saturday morning thru afternoon: August 30th - For Saturday I suggest meeting at the motel/hotel where out of town club members are staying. We can have a big gathering for breakfast and then cruise to the cemetery to visit Goo929's gravesite, then perhaps a bbq at a local park, weather permitting.

Riverwalk.jpg

3. Saturday night: August 30th - Walking the Riverwalk and enjoying dinner and drinks along the river is a great pastime. We could take a river barge rides (about 30 minutes) are also a fun thing to do.

TS012467.gif

4. Sunday: August 31st - for those still wanting to continue, walking tours of the San Antonio Missions (Pete loved to take pics of his AV at the Missions on the Southside of San Antonio). We could also visit the Alamo in downtown SA. For those staying on until Monday: September 1st we could make another night of fun on the Famous Riverwalk.

5. Monday: September 1st - This will be the day for good-byes or should I say ?til we meet again.

My hopes are for this to be a major event - call it The Southern Region Reunion, Pete had many plans for the Southern Regional event and while it was a great time for all of us it never lived up to what Pete had envisioned therefore I believe this event should be held in highest regards as the main event to memorialize our friend Goo929!

List of Attendees
Avs - 11 Friends of Pete - 26

1. TexAVfan - 4
2. Miss Avalanche ? 1
3. Edward K - 1
4. Roughriders - 2
5. Dave02z66 - 1
6. Hernz Av -4
7. Bugslayer - 2
8. Tribal AV - 5
9. NascarDave - 1 (and Skylar)
10. Razz-Tazz - 4
11. SciFiguy01 - 1

Maybe​

1. mmdavidw - 1
2. TNAV03 - 1
3. Biggie - 1
4. Vetman - 2
5. Blueruck
6. Conwayavalancher

Sounds great. We want to go to the movies anyway ant a GTG in August seems just right. Count us in (and hopefully nothing will pop up in the meantime). Need to know where the out of towners might be staying.

Myron

OK now this is starting to shape up very nice - Thanks to everyone who have put in extra effort - this will be a great cruise! ;) :D

Oh what the heck this is for 2400 and I have not updated the list in awhile - we need to keep this event going strong!!! (y) ;) :) :D ;D

TexAVfan said:
Oh what the heck this is for 2400 and I have not updated the list in awhile - we need to keep this event going strong!!! (y) ;) :) :D ;D

Hey Richard....Great chioce for # 2400.

Look up,look closely and just smile.

MIKE

Come on everyone, I know this is some time away still, but that should be more than enough time for everyone to plan (cough, cough) some sick time from work to attend. >:D Lets do this for Pete. (y) I am in San Antonio now for work this weekend and although I have been here numerous times its never the same everytime. :D

Dave02Z66 said:
Come on everyone, I know this is some time away still, but that should be more than enough time for everyone to plan (cough, cough) some sick time from work to attend. >:D Lets do this for Pete. (y) I am in San Antonio now for work this weekend and although I have been here numerous times its never the same evertime. :D

I totally agree - my family and I go to San Antonio 2 or 3 times every year and we never get tired of it - always something to see and do even going the same places offer up something new and exciting each and every time. (y) ;) :D

Richard #2401

Back