• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Reverse Lights Stay on even after turning off the truck... 07 LT Random

WinterPeg

Ok this is inconstant but sometimes my reverse lights (back up lights) stay on while driving and even when I turn the truck off.
It can even corrects itself as I had someone warn me they were on at a red light and by the time I was able to pull over they were working normally again??
I pulled the fuse to keep my battery from running dry and when I stick it back in the lights come back on.
Has this happened to anyone out there???
Other issue is going to be fixed tomorrow as the brake switch "sticks" preventing the cruise from sometimes working.
A tap on the brakes will "un-stick" it but I do not think these 2 issues are connected but what do I know.

2007 AV LT 5.3L Flex

Never heard of that. May want to try turning off your perimeter lights option (if you have them set) and see what happens. Other than that, I don't know....  ???

Had this exact same issue with my 2007. Very hard to troubleshoot even for the dealer. Took it in and they told me the only code that my truck had was a low battery warning. I told them yes because the reverse lights stayed on no matter what I did. Dealer told me to come back when the problem happened again since they were not on at that moment. One morning they stayed on and I drove straight to the dealer. Service adviser grabbed a tech and eventually came back and said they replaced the fuse box. I looked under the hood and it seemed to be the same fuse block. My guess is that they replaced some kind of relay or module. At any rate it has not happened the past few years.

Listen for a "click" sound from one of the relays when you put the fuse back in. Determine which relay operates the reverse lights and firmly press down on it, and wiggle it back and forth.
If the relay is stickiing this should release it and you just have to replace the relay.
The relay may be marked under the fuse box cover.

Nope:(
Inconsistant pulled out the fuse now that spring is here in Winterpeg I will look at it again.
Try the relay next.
K

hope you guys still check this thread, I'm having same problem, went to start my truck, battery completely dead, replaced battery started great for a few days, went to unlock the truck with the remote and nothing again, battery completely dead, day before neighbor told me that back up lights were on during the day with the truck just parked. After battery died put 2 and 2 together and realized that was draining the battery, checked the fuse under the hood and it was fine, when i pulled the fuse the light turned off and when putting it back in the reverse light went back on, tried looking for the reverse lamp relay, could not find it. don't really have the extra funds to go get it checked out right now so i have just removed the fuse. Were you ever able to find the relay for it or figure out what the problem was? I hate things not working the way they should.

see if this helps you out...

GM Tech (Cam) :

Does the dash indicator show revers is operating properly?
Customer:

yes.
Customer:

when put in reverse the light is brighter
GM Tech (Cam) :

ok, is there anything installed since you bought it?
GM Tech (Cam) :

Do the rest of the lights work?
Customer:

yes, light were change once when i took it to the shop
GM Tech (Cam) :

Do they go out when you pull the VEH BCK/IP fuse 10 out from the underhood fuse block?
Customer:

yes, but when i put it back it turns back on
GM Tech (Cam) :

OK, this is a bad fuse block. The relay for the back up lights is integral to the fuse block. If the fuse block has been wet, it would do this.
Customer:

so just change the fuse
GM Tech (Cam) :

fuse block, not fuse. The part the fuse goes into.
Customer:

is it some thing i can fix my self
GM Tech (Cam) :

Yes, the fuse block pops out. lift the to handles while pulling then push them back down again while pulling to remove the block.

found here http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/3se27-2007-suburban-1500-ls-light-stay-pack-constant-problem-please-help.html

Thanks for the feed back, that is what i'm assuming the problem is, just cant seem to find the fuse box online that isn't almost 300 dollars, dislike electronics somethimes

All fixed!!!! It only took 2 years off and on more off than on though.
Fuse box was the culprit new in canada they are like 700 bucks!!
Wrecker had one for me for 100 so threw it in and she is all good now.
POS idea putting a relay right into the molded case are they morons in GM's engineering department!!

Any way quick change out for a new box and reverse lights only come on when they are supposed to!

All fixed!!!! It only took 2 years off and on more off than on though.
Fuse box was the culprit new in canada they are like 700 bucks!!
Wrecker had one for me for 100 so threw it in and she is all good now.
POS idea putting a relay right into the molded case are they morons in GM's engineering department!!

Any way quick change out for a new box and reverse lights only come on when they are supposed to!
Was it possible that the problem could have been the "back up switch" I believe it's located on side of transmission? It would be a lot cheaper to replace.

WinterPeg hasn't logged in since May 3, 2016.

You probably won't get a response.

Back