• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mount Washington Cruise Interest

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
I've picked up the torch and have been leading the White Mountains fall foliage cruise for the past 3 years. Its been a fun time and this year I had the thought of adding in a run up Mount Washington. It was done once before back in 04 or 05 with around 30 AVs and was a great time other than getting chased off the mountain by a cold front. This time I'd like to make it up there to see the view and the eventual sun set. I know that it does bite into the wallet with gas expenditures and accommodations for the night. But I'm hoping that it will pay off in the end.

Right Now I would like to see who would be interested so that I can get a number to try and get a private cruise up the mountain. More details will follow.

James.

Definitely interested depending on dates.  Hopefully a Saturday so that we have Friday to get there and Sunday to get back home.

--OldVMer

Even though this post started 5 years ago, if something were to be worked out now id be up for it!

This cruise is usually reserved for the fall when the mountains are alive in a wondrous spree of color. Anyone who wants to pick up the torch is welcome to it. I'd do it, but I think the best time will be right around the time of STU, and I have plans to be down in GA

when was this cruise held last?  Is there anyone else interested in this that may not be going to STU? The best views in this part of the country are from mid Sept to mid-late Oct.

rebel23 said:
when was this cruise held last?  Is there anyone else interested in this that may not be going to STU? The best views in this part of the country are from mid Sept to mid-late Oct.

The last one looks to be in 2013. We didn't go to that one.

Back