• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Let's start a petition to bring the Avalanch back after 2013...

butterfly2937

I just bought a White Diamond Black Diamond edition LTZ and just DO NOT want this to be my last avalanche. Please GM bring the Avalanche back. You are going to loose allot of very loyal customers. Lots of us thought we would have an Avalanche forever. Maybe a petition from all of us here might get GM to reconsider.

I wish you luck with that.
Just my .02 but but I think GM would only respond to increased demand at the dealerships and increased sales. From the Black Diamond Book they acknowledge this website and it's members but look at it's history, several years ago a National Convention would draw 100 or more AVs , now for various reasons, the economy etc. the convention where the site finally got GM to show up at and there was 5 or 6 AVs? Not exactly a Corvette Convention.
Then when you consider the majority of AV owners aren't site members then pair that down by how many members are active here, many don't check in very often or get involved. Look at polls done on the site and see that you may get 50 to 100 replies out of thousands of members. Again just my .02 but I bet the numbers for a petition or poll would not stagger GM.
I sure wish the AV would have the life span of the Corvette or Suburban but MPG regulations from the government and it's own uniqueness and expense is probably dooming the AV.

Well at least where I live here in the NE the Black Diamond edition is selling well. The Tahoe and the Suburban gas mileage is the same or less. The hybrid is crippled as far as features compared to the LTZ so I really do not see why the avalanche should be ditched. Hopefully the Black Diamond sales will change their mind.

GM will sell every 2013 Av that they build but that won't make a difference because they won't build more even if the demand exceeds supply. I am sure that the production run has already been set. It is not likely that people will be walking into dealers in droves asking for a new Av just to be told there are no more. They will just buy something else, probably a Silverado Crew, and no one at GM will be dope slapping themselves for misjudging the market.

GM is not interested in investing in the development of a new generation of Avalanche. Personally I don't see how much effort it takes if it is based on the Suburban but what do I know about costs. Someone ran the numbers and made the call. Let's just hope GM comes up with some interesting new innovations with their light trucks that are as cool as the Avalanche has been. It is a great truck.

I can't say much.  At some point I want to own a 6.6L/6 speed Duramax Avalanche 2500 4x4.  It might be a while, but one day I will build it!

I see your response about the white diamond, but isn't there a black diamond also? What is the difference? Sorry if this is a dumb question?

Vic

MLM said:
GM will sell every 2013 Av that they build but that won't make a difference because they won't build more even if the demand exceeds supply. I am sure that the production run has already been set.

GM is not interested in investing in the development of a new generation of Avalanche. Personally I don't see how much effort it takes if it is based on the Suburban but what do I know about costs. Someone ran the numbers and made the call.

With just-in-time-delivery of parts the production run is only tentatively set, it can change with demand. GM can schedule Saturdays on relatively short notice. Maximizing assembly plant capacity with three shifts I think we can build and extra 10,000-20,000 pickup trucks per year.

That's where the cost comes in, GM doesn't need both Arlington and Silao to meet current Suburban/Yukon demand. With only Arlington I expect they'll be maxed out just building the next generation 'burbs next year. It's not simply the cost of building the Avalanche & EXT, there's probably no room left in the production schedule for one full size SUV factory.

That's my somewhat informed opinion.

vanthony said:
I see your response about the white diamond, but isn't there a black diamond also? What is the difference? Sorry if this is a dumb question?

Vic

I believe the "white diamond" refers to the paint choice and "black diamond" is the special badge designation for 2013 AVs to commemorate the end of the AV. So a Black Diamond can be black,white,silver,green etc.

GM announces end of Chevy Avalanche with Black Diamond edition

"General Motors is pulling the plug on the Chevrolet Avalanche. 2013 will mark the ugly duckling's last year in production though the model will go out with one last special edition. The 2013 Black Diamond Avalanche will arrive with body-color trim work, special badging, and most importantly, lower prices. GM says the lower price is a way of saying "thank you" to the truck's fans, though we suspect it may have more to do with getting the awkward machine off dealer lots. "

"Will anyone miss the Avalanche? There are those who still miss the diesel Chevette, so anything's possible."

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 

Read the replies from mostly Avalanche fans  :B: 

Flint4x4 said:
It's not simply the cost of building the Avalanche & EXT, there's probably no room left in the production schedule for one full size SUV factory.

Sorry, I was referring to the development costs, not production costs. But if they shut a plant down (at least for SUV production) then that seems like another reason to drop a model.

Well I just picked up my 2013 White Diamond LTZ and it is just fabulous. I am just so sad to think this is the last I will ever be able to buy! The avalanche is by far my favorite vehicle. I had the pleasure of buying a 2007 and now the 2013. I was both happy and sad when I picked this beauty up yesterday. At least I will enjoy the 2013 for the next few years. I am still hoping GM will bring the Avi back. Ford has so may choices in their truck line up Chevy has sadly decided to only have one full size truck. I think they will loose customers they need to keep the Avi!!

MLM said:
Sorry, I was referring to the development costs, not production costs. But if they shut a plant down (at least for SUV production) then that seems like another reason to drop a model.

No apology needed, I'm just an assembly line worker but I can do the math. It wasn't development cost.
That gives me hope they could still change thier mind, don't hold you breath though.

i for one will def miss these rigs...loved them since their intro, loved my 05 cladded z71 and really loving my 6.0 ltz!!

with the death of this truck, i honestly have no idea what ill replace this 08 with

Waiting to get my Vin number next week and production date from my local dealer as I ordered a 2013 LS 2wd a few weeks back in Fairway met and Dark / light cashmere cloth with All Star package & trailer brake. Dealer still says production will end in December 2012 but what do they know. Our current dark green met 2003 Z66 still looks new and still gets complements. Looking foward to getting our 2013 by Christmas!

I was thinking, how hard do you guys think it would be to buy a 2014 Suburbans and do the work to make it into an avalanche.. lol.. I know it's gonna be hard, but I wonder if it'll be done.

This is sad to see, I love this truck.  Well to bad chevy you're losing a good one. Got to hold on to my 03 Avy

I have owned chevy trucks, ford trucks and chevy suburbans.  Without a doubt my 2002 Avalanche is my favorite.  I see way more Avalanches in my northern Minneapolis suburb of Blaine then I do suburbans and its not even close.  Sad to see this vehicle go as it is an incredible ride.

I talked to a friend that works for GMC and was told to forget the Avalanche the the Caddy will still be around mostly because it cost more.

People actually think the Avalanche is ugly?? Haha. I mean, I drive a Honda Element for work and get told it's ugly as piss all the time (and I agree, I hate the damn thing) but everyone always compliments my truck to no end..

I mean I understand the Cladding would be considered ugly to a large majority (I was someone who really disliked the cladding) but it really grew on me over time. Even still, if you hate the body cladding, they don't even use it anymore...

To each their own, I guess. :) Definitely sad to see the truck go, somehow "dealerships can't keep the trucks off their lots" and yet I had to search for almost a year before I found one in reasonable shape!

edit: on top of that they are comparing the sales of the avalanche to the Silverado, might as well cancel the Corvette because they only sold 13,000 in 2011, whereas they sold 88,000 Camaros!

I think it would be cool if GM would sell the bed sails and side doors as a cap for the Silverado and Serria.  If you took that off the sails of AV/EXT it would be the Silverado / Serria crew cab then.

Patrick_B said:
I think it would be cool if GM would sell the bed sails and side doors as a cap for the Silverado and Serria.  If you took that off the sails of AV/EXT it would be the Silverado / Serria crew cab then.

Side storage bins are being looked at or built by all pickup truck makers. The sail panels are a structural component of the Avalanche due to chopping the roof off a Suburban.

Sail panels have been used to cover roll bars and/or storage areas on pickup trucks but they were utility or cosmetic. On the AV they are an integral part of the structural design with cosmetics in mind.

Count me in! I've been trying to see if I could have GMAIL build me a 2013 just the way I want it, but they wont. All the more reason I'm grateful for my 2010 Avalanche LTZ Black on Black 4x4

YoungDroid said:
Count me in! I've been trying to see if I could have Chevy :jacked: build me a 2013 just the way I want it, but they wont. All the more reason I'm grateful for my 2010 Avalanche LTZ Black on Black 4x4

BTW
Can someone please tell me how you upload a pic to this site?

Hopefully the Avalanche will return in a few years. I think they will have to work on the gas mileage heavily first though before it will become a hit to others besides us.

Back