• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

service tire monitor

whires

help! how can I easily get this off of my "DIC" I didn't check the spare tire pressure but I've read there is no monitor on the spare. My tires are all inflated to spec. and they have been untouched for 2yrs. and now this....any ideas??? thanks!!!

Short and only answer I know of....replace whichever of your tpms sensors that have gone bad.

I believe that each TPMS sensor has a small battery built into it.  Kind of like a watch battery.

If you have the original sensors it would be reasonable to suspect that one or more of these have failed after 8 years.

Now I don't know that this condition (failed sensor) would give you this message or would show up as just one of the tires not reporting a reading at all.

When I have tire issues I go to the nearest Sears Auto store and have them check it.  They, and I am sure others, have a tool that can be used to reset each individual tire sensor but you may need to talk to someone there that is familiar with it.  The last time it took a manager to explain to the tire techs how to use it.

Bringing back an old post...
  You can reset your TPMS by switching your headlights on and off a few times until you get two short horn blasts and your "Check Tire" light will display.

Back