• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

A Purchase...

You will love it. it does a great job??

Vic

Wa-hoooooo.  I was just thinking about what to do for our next GTG. 
(try to keep this can in a safe place, will ya?) 
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

It is good stuff.  The one coat I applied lasted about 18 months or more, but that was 3 years ago or so.  I am just giving The Kid a hard time because he has the goods but so far it hasn't been used.  :rolleyes:

I bet the contents of the can have hardened by now from non use :) I am going to do this in the fall when it cools down...

Well, since I am back again, and because I just ordered another can of Refinish Restorer off Amazon, I will say that is justification for reviving this very old thread in favor of this great product. I have the cladding clean, and when this stuff arrives in a day or two I will test it out on a very faded section and post up the results. I will only do a couple small sections, I will let my son Michael, Z-71 Fundaro, do most the work the next time he visits to work on the AV. (his new account should be approved soon) :cool:

Thanks to Amazon one day delivery, here are the test results. I had no doubts, but I am still very much impressed considering how bad the plastic was after many years of neglect. This is one single, simple application on the worst looking areas. Splashed a little on a rag and wiped it on, that is it. Do not hesitate, buy this and make it look new again.
1689037149569.png
1689037170657.png

I used Carworx Refinish Restorer exclusively for many years with great results.

I have since moved to CERAKOTE® Ceramic Trim Coat and all of the other CERAKOTE products.

I think you will continue to be very pleased with the Carworx product, but maybe next time give the CERAKOTE line of products a try.

CERAKOTE Trim Coat is now my go to trim restorer, but I would not hesitate to use Refinish Restorer if I had some around.

IMG_4662.JPG

IMG_4660.JPG

I use Penetrol. $10/qt and does a ton of coats (same wipe on and lasts over a year).

View attachment 236413

View attachment 236411View attachment 236412
I looked for that at my local small town ACE hardware and they didn't have it. If they did I would have bought it, but when I signed on here again for the first time in many years I saw in my signature that I used Refinish Restorer many years ago and Amazon got it to me next day so that is what I bought. I am glad we all have several options. I am curious to see what product last longer.

I have a 2002 with the gray finish. My vote goes for Cerakote. My problem area is the bed panels. After 2 boxes, the gray finish has been partially brought back. It's worked better than anything else that I have tried over the years. I just bought my third box. I didn't think that it was going to be easy.
Durwin

Do you mean the top side of the bed panels? Refinish Restorer works pretty good in my opinion. This was 10 seconds or less with a small splash on a clean shop rag.
1689823102797.png

Tomorrow I plan for my son and I to do all the panels (completely) with the Refinish Restorer. I will show the results, before and after, and try to guess how many ounces it took for all the plastic/cladding.

Back