• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

NIAGARA FALLS GTG!!!! Sunday OCT 14 2012

DouglasOak

Cruise Coord
SM 2014
SM 2013
SM 2012
SM 2011
WHO'S UP FOR A GTG IN BEAUTIFUL NIAGARA FALLS, CANADA???

This will be a great opportunity to shine up the AVY's and get some great shots with the Falls and Autumn colors in the background.

It is also a great way to meet everyone, and have some fun together before the COLD weather, and the Hustle and Bustle of the Holiday Season kicks in.

This is a family friendly event with lots of fun things to do on a low budget (under 26 bucks for adults / kids under 12 less than 20 bucks!!)

Events included are:
?The Niagara SkyWheel (Canada?s Largest Observation Wheel)
?Galaxy Golf or Dinosaur Adventure Golf*
?Movieland Wax Museum of Stars
?XD Theater
?Ghostblasters Dark Ride
?Plus 5 Great Canadian Midway Tokens

The link below will show details
http://www.cliftonhill.com/tickets/individual-ticket-prices

I am also looking into discount rates at "Choice Hotels" (Comfort, Quality, etc) As I work for them and can offer CAFCNA Members "Friends and Family" rates (usually half the posted internet rate) for anyone coming from out of town and wanting to stay overnight.

Below is a link that lists the hotels that are available (please let me know early as rooms book quickly)
http://www.choicehotels.ca/en/niagara_falls-on-ca-hotels?cid=456799&checkin=13-10-2012&location=niagara_falls__on__ca&adults=2&children=0&checkout=14-10-2012&rooms=1&srp=

Attachments

• fpa.gif
    fpa.gif
    33.6 KB · Views: 237
Count me in!!!!
Sounds like a great time!
And put me on the list for the "Saturday Night Slumber Party"!!!   (breakfast and being able to sleep in sounds awesome!)

I can't wait to see everyone again, and hope to see some new faces too!!  :woohoo:

ATTENDING LIST:
DouglasOak
DirtyGirlAva
Stogen +(OhSoSavvy & Princess Savannah)
bigmachz +(the better half)
mags +(the better half)

stogen said:
im in unless i got to work i have some big jobs coming up soon, which means ill be working 7 days a week :E:
I'll count that as a yes... since you're only half hour away!!!
Are you gonna treat the girls to a Sunday Funday at the falls? We'd love to see them again!!!!

i love the midway arcade and so does savvy, i spend millions there,
if this is a family friendly event I'm guessing the rippers is not one of the events????

stogen said:
im in unless i got to work i have some big jobs coming up soon, which means ill be working 7 days a week :E:
I can relate!  We'll be in Niagara Falls the weekend before camping!  Last one for the season!  Which will probably mean working this Sunday!

dichris said:
I can relate!  We'll be in Niagara Falls the weekend before camping!  Last one for the season!  Which will probably mean working this Sunday!
I originally planned on having it the weekend before (the 7th).. But I figured being Thanksgiving weekend everyone would have plans ( and I ain't cooking a Turkey and all the fixins for you guys... SORRY)

mags said:
:B:Count me in if I can get out of work. And wife if I can get her to.
Sounds Great!!!
Are you still in PA? If you wanna drive down Saturday and stay with some of us at a nearby hotel, let me know and I'll set you up with my discount.

We can go out and about Saturday night, get some great night shots (PHOTOS AND DRINKS!! lol) and sleep in Sunday morning!!!

DouglasOak said:
I originally planned on having it the weekend before (the 7th).. But I figured being Thanksgiving weekend everyone would have plans ( and I ain't cooking a Turkey and all the fixins for you guys... SORRY)

I could bring a Pumpkin Pie!!!!
No guarantees the whipped cream will make it there!!! >:D

DirtyGirlAva said:
No guarantees the whipped cream will make it there!!! >:D
Is this where you are going to put all that whipped cream??  :laugh:

Attachments

• 506d5999d24a49c57cb64695d429e28f.jpg
    506d5999d24a49c57cb64695d429e28f.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 262
Would be cool to attend..  But this fall I am slammed..  Maybe next year if you have it again..  I am in WNY a few times a year..  (y) (y)

and p.s. I have my passport..  :cool:

Hugz said:
Would be cool to attend..  But this fall I am slammed..  Maybe next year if you have it again..  I am in WNY a few times a year..   (y) (y)

and p.s. I have my passport..   :cool:

We'd love to show you our Canadian hospitality! Now that I've organized a couple GTG's, next years will be easier, AND I will give lots of notice so people can plan ahead!

This one was kinda last minute, but I'm thinking the weather and the colours on the trees should be just about perfect!

See you in HOTLANTA!!!

OHHHH....so jealous.....wish I could make this one....but I have a wedding to attend to the weekend before and my niece's 2nd birthday that weekend....miss going to the "falls" - that is where I got married....hope you all have a super awesome fun weekend.....post pics!!!!  :E: Why oh why did I have to move up north....LOL!!!!  :B:

LastMinuteMomma said:
OHHHH....so jealous..... Why oh why did I have to move up north....LOL!!!!   :B:

Don't worry, I plan on having a lot more GTG's next year. (You have to come down south sooner or later!)
I'd like to see if we can get some interest in doing the Agawa Canyon Tour next fall.

(The Agawa Canyon is a shallow canyon located deep in the sparsely populated Algoma District in the Canadian province of Ontario. It was created 1.2 billion years ago by faulting along the Canadian Shield and then enlarged by the erosive action of the Agawa River. The Agawa Canyon Wilderness Park is only accessible by hiking trail or the Algoma Central Railway, and is located 114 rail miles north west of Sault Ste. Marie.)
It is a little expensive (100 bucks) but WELL worth it!!

Attachments

• Agawa Train.gif
    Agawa Train.gif
    94.2 KB · Views: 222
  • agawa_canyon_2.jpg
    agawa_canyon_2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 222
  • agawa_train.jpg
    agawa_train.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 220
  • Fall at Trout Lakejpg.jpg
    Fall at Trout Lakejpg.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 221
DouglasOak said:

Don't worry, I plan on having a lot more GTG's next year. (You have to come down south sooner or later!)
I'd like to see if we can get some interest in doing the Agawa Canyon Tour next fall.

(The Agawa Canyon is a shallow canyon located deep in the sparsely populated Algoma District in the Canadian province of Ontario. It was created 1.2 billion years ago by faulting along the Canadian Shield and then enlarged by the erosive action of the Agawa River. The Agawa Canyon Wilderness Park is only accessible by hiking trail or the Algoma Central Railway, and is located 114 rail miles north west of Sault Ste. Marie.)
It is a little expensive (100 bucks) but WELL worth it!!
only accessible through hiking? my quad says differently
>:D

stogen said:
only accessible through hiking? my quad says differently
>:D
Even better with the sleds!!!!!!

http://www.agawacanyontourtrain.com/content/tours/snowmobile/index.html

Attachments

• snowmobile_ac2.jpg
    snowmobile_ac2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 477.jpg
    Picture 477.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 213
Intimidatoruag said:
oh damn ... IF I only had a sled .... I would love to go snowmobiling ....
Some places have "stay and play" packages... room and a sled for the weekend.
It's almost cheaper to do that than haul your own sled up and pay for the trail pass.
It works out pretty good... brand new sled and no worries!

http://www.algomasledtours.com/scenicride.shtml

Just wanted to post some pix as a teaser, so you can see how beautiful the Falls are in Autumn

Also check out the streaming webcam link below!!!

http://www.marriottgatewayonthefalls.com/niagara-falls-cam

Attachments

• 460_345_resize.jpg
    460_345_resize.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 193
  • 010_7A.jpg
    010_7A.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 193
  • Niagara_Falls_autumn.jpg
    Niagara_Falls_autumn.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 192
  • index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 192
  • NightFalls_04.jpg
    NightFalls_04.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 193
  • img_2008hdr2.jpg
    img_2008hdr2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 340
If somebody has never been to Niagara Falls, I'd recommend visiting at least once. Lots to see and do over a weekend. Crowds won't be as bad as during the summer. My only advice is plan what you are going to do in advance as it can be overwhelming at first.

And if you are into WWE wrestling, the store is on Clifton Hill. Otherwise typical touristy stuff to buy and keep the kids entertained.

Ooooo, the Agawa Canyon Train Tour would be neat!!!  I went once, way back, well, a long time ago....LOL  Hopefully we can generate some interest in that and make a weekend of it!!  It is a great idea!!!  But in the meantime, have a great time in Niagara Falls!!!  :B:

Back