• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Modding the 2013 Black Diamond AV

Didit

SM 2017
SM 2016
SM 2015
SM 2014
SM 2013
SM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
Just curious as to what mods you have performed on your new 13 AV so far, sure gonna miss the sail panel lights!  That seemed to be one of the most popular mods to date.

Sooo what have you done..........

Didit

I'm not much of a modder so I've only done a few simple things.  I ordered mine with some optional LPO factory wheels. I had the dealer add wheel theft deterrent and a hood bug deflector as part of the sale. I swapped the antenna with a 14", and got the GM center console organizer. I put some carpet in the bed and a Chevy license plate on the front. There is a late model Avay I see around town with a gold pin stripe that really looks sharp but I'm still on the fence if I want to do one. With the wheels I have and the rest of the LTZ chrome it already has, I don't want to get too gaudy. When I first got the 07 that I used to have, I was going to do ambers until I found out what a royal pain it was going to be. Just wasn't worth it to me. It's not that I can't do stuff. I've restored a mustang and a Jeep, I just have to have the motivation before I get moving.

Did we get a new AV Didit. ???

So far I've tinted the front windows and did a "brow" on the windshield; Put vent-visors on the windows; installed the fire-and-ice tail light bar.  I'll be tackling the Flashlight this weekend (maybe, depending on how I feel after my Lasik surgery tomorrow).

I miss the LED's, but getting the 13 was worth it!!  I just got my leather bound Black Diamond coffee table book in the mail yesterday!!  It's awesome!!  I especially love the section dedicated to CAFCNA!

I need to get the mudflaps and would like to replace my mats with the weather guard ones.

Dealer installed a chrome tip on the muffler, so no need to do anything there. :)

Didit - you need a 2013!

4 weeks...not too bad considering they personalize it with your name, the window sticker, etc.  SWEET book!

I got my Black Diamond book today!  Nice touch with the personalization and the CAFCNA fold out section with personal truck photos.  The window sticker published in my book was a dead-on match to my actual sticker.  It dedicated the book to me with a picture of my 2013 with correct color and Z71 option! 

I feel like Navin R. Johnson (Steve Martin in "The Jerk") discovering his name in the new phone book.  "I'm somebody!  Things are going to happen to me now!"  For the younger folks, this was a reference to a late 70's comedy movie.  Subsequently, a sniper began shooting at Navin R.  So far, no bullet holes here!

:jacked: "These cans are defective!"  Loved that movie.

I'm still waiting for a post from Didit saying he did it.
No, not getting his name in the phone book  :rolleyes:  but buying a 2013.  (y)

GoldBowTie said:
:jacked: "These cans are defective!"  Loved that movie.

I'm still waiting for a post from Didit saying he did it.
No, not getting his name in the phone book  :rolleyes:  but buying a 2013.  (y)

OMG! .. that movie is so stupid ... you just have to laugh at it ....
then the hook on the nose piece ... and the letters he sends home .... LMAO! ....

John

muffman said:
Where did you get the book?  And how do you get it, that sounds cool.  :help:

You have to buy a new 2013 to get one. The dealer then submits your purchase info to Chevy after you take delivery.

muffman said:
I just did buy a 2013, a month ago, nobody said anything about a book!   :rolleyes:
Go back to your dealer and tell them to send in your info. it is destined to be a collector's item!!!

Not much so far;
- added a V1 mirror mount
- hard wired it to the rear view mirror
- installed the EZ Down tailgate assist lift
- Maglite mod
- added the lasercut Weathertech floormats
- Zaino'd and Rain-X'd it (I know, not a mod  (y))

naylor99 said:
Not much so far;
- Maglite mod
- Zaino'd and Rain-X'd it (I know, not a mod  (y))

I thought the newer AV's (2nd gen) already had this!

Didit

naylor99 said:
Not much so far;
- Maglite mod
- Zaino'd and Rain-X'd it (I know, not a mod  (y))

Hey, I've never heard of the tailgate assist. Sounds like something I'd like. Were did you get it and could you take some
pics? I found some called Dee Zee on Amazon and other websites, but it doesn't list any for the Avalanche. Thanks for any info.

In the driveway, and the fun begins, lol.

Door Edge protectors
Vent Visors
Front and rear splash guards
Blind Spot mirrors
Flashlight mod
Fire extinguisher
Ambers
Trailer brake controller
Trailer wire adapter at back side of trailer plug which gives me a 4way flat for LOF,  I had to solder in an extra one just in case something comes up, lol

Got the bed slide put in, who said they won't fit in the 13's
Full time DRL's
Weathertech floor liners
Debadged dealer logo and put on COLTS logo instead
Front window's tinted, brow across windshield
LOF
Lighted bowtie hitch cover
American Flag and Eagle bug deflector
Chrome recovery hooks
Chromed plastic fender vents
American Flag praying hands front license plate
Chrome stainless steel door trim
Front window AVALANCHE graphic
Visor decals
Rear window mountains and avalanche graphics club sticker
Firestone Coil Rite air bags for towing
Polished sill plates
Chromed exhaust tip
CB antenna installed
CB mounted to lower dash
Train Horns (woohoo I'm in the TH nation again)
Replaced OEM front door speakers with LED ones
Air Zenith train horn pressure gauge

ugh this is ony the beginning I know

Didit

Attachments

• DSCF6206.jpg
    DSCF6206.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 473
  • DSCF6208.jpg
    DSCF6208.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 473
  • DSCF6207.jpg
    DSCF6207.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 474
Didit said:
In the driveway, and the fun begins, lol.

Door Edge protectors
Vent Visors
Blind Spot mirrors
Trailer Hitch Cover

ugh this is ony the beginning I know

Didit
psst.....AMBERS

LOL trust me, I've been lookin at it, trying to find how to take em out, plus what bulbs, gotta do some research.  The DRL numbers are not in the book, duh.

Didit

Back