• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

WV WWW XI discussion

GoldBowTie

Regional Coord.
Charter Member
SM 2003
I've been thinking about WV WWW XI for spring 2013.

How does a return to Twin Falls sound?
We were last there in 2004 for WV WWW II.

http://www.twinfallsresort.com/

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,23324.0.html

As for a date....

April 6,7.
The weekend after Easter.

March 16,17.
St Patrick's Day.

Earlier in March?
Later in April?

Opinions please.  :help:
Other dates?
Other locations?

I thought maybe we could discuss WV WWW XI here in this thread.
Once a date and location are determined, the GTG thread can be started.

Twin Falls works fine for us... it's a bit far for our northern crew tho.  :unsure: We have a great grandbaby due the first of March so April would probably work better for us.
Twin Falls has added on to the lodge and made it very nice I hear. We will be spending next weekend there! Taney's grand daughter is getting married there and we have rented a cabin for the weekend. I do know that they only have one of the really nice big cabins like we had last time we were there.... sadly it wasn't available for next weekend.  :( I will let you know what the other cabins are like. To get the nice cabin may determine a good weekend to go... if that's where we decide to go.

It seems that I have been living at Twin Falls during the past year while working in nearby Pineville.
Deb and I will certainly be interested in April in the "Wild and Wonderful".
Congratulations to Taney and you on the wedding and family addition.
Looking forward to seeing all of you again.

It is SO good to hear from you Mac!!! You and Deb are missed so very much! :love: You should let us know when you are through here we would love to meet up with you for dinner... we would even come to Pineville sometime... we take every chance we get to see the grandkids down there anyhow.

:wave: Hi Mac!
You should come to Avalanche Pizza Oct 13.
10th anniversary of our first GTG!

I told Toots the other day I should call you to make sure you come.

Mrs. WVAV said:
Twin Falls works fine for us... it's a bit far for our northern crew tho.  :unsure: We have a great grandbaby due the first of March so April would probably work better for us.
Twin Falls has added on to the lodge and made it very nice I hear. We will be spending next weekend there! Taney's grand daughter is getting married there and we have rented a cabin for the weekend. I do know that they only have one of the really nice big cabins like we had last time we were there.... sadly it wasn't available for next weekend.  :( I will let you know what the other cabins are like. To get the nice cabin may determine a good weekend to go... if that's where we decide to go.
If we do decide on Twin Falls, I am hoping to get the same cabin we had last time.
Maybe by planning far ahead, we will have a chance.  (y)
If you think about, and have time, ask if that cabin is available in April.
I plan to discuss with the group while at Avalanche Pizza.

dmacker said:
Will do.
We think of you guys often.
We always look at the Dart trucks to see if Taney is driving.
We think of you guys often too... it's been way too long since we saw you last. :needhug: Taney still drives for dart and has a white freightliner now!
GoldBowTie said:
:wave: Hi Mac!
You should come to Avalanche Pizza Oct 13.
10th anniversary of our first GTG!
That would be awesome!
GoldBowTie said:
If we do decide on Twin Falls, I am hoping to get the same cabin we had last time.
Maybe by planning far ahead, we will have a chance.  (y)
If you think about, and have time, ask if that cabin is available in April.
I plan to discuss with the group while at Avalanche Pizza.
I will be sure to ask!  (y)

MzBBB is supposed to post here regarding some dates that can't work for us...

I will get on her again...  >:D

OUCH!!!!

MzBBB  :beating:  BBB

It's been too long since I've been to a GTG, and this sounds real good. (y) Especially since it sounds like the campground is open all year. (At least that's the impression I get from the web site. Melissa, when you are there for the wedding, can you check if RV camping sites are open that time of year?)

But it's a long drive for us, long enough that it would have to be two days each direction -- if we spend too much time on the road on one day, the dogs get cranky (just like me!) Not to mention that we have to make frequent stops with dogs (they haven't learned yet how to use the motorhome toilet while we're driving!)

If we're able to make it, the last weekend of March would not work for us, as that's always a big show weekend for us. Other than that, we'd be pretty much open, although later would be better than earlier for us (April vs March.)

-- SS

ShapeShifter said:
It's been too long since I've been to a GTG, and this sounds real good. (y) Especially since it sounds like the campground is open all year. (At least that's the impression I get from the web site. Melissa, when you are there for the wedding, can you check if RV camping sites are open that time of year?)

But it's a long drive for us, long enough that it would have to be two days each direction -- if we spend too much time on the road on one day, the dogs get cranky (just like me!) Not to mention that we have to make frequent stops with dogs (they haven't learned yet how to use the motorhome toilet while we're driving!)

If we're able to make it, the last weekend of March would not work for us, as that's always a big show weekend for us. Other than that, we'd be pretty much open, although later would be better than earlier for us (April vs March.)

-- SS

Adam,
It's great to hear from you.  Been tooo long.  (y)

Let us know the time and place ,I don't think we will miss another...RED SOLO CUP !!

I don't think we have anything on the calendar yet for March / April. 

--OldVMer

BnGBleeder said:
Let us know the time and place ,I don't think we will miss another...RED SOLO CUP !!

Well I can't make it now...  :E:  :9:

Twin Falls is a nice place. I have golfed there a few times. I just have to coordinate driving from Morgantown and meeting mom somewhere and going on to twin Falls lol

I missed the previous GTG in Twin Falls, sounds good!

We've been absent a lot lately....and missing you guys!!  :needhug:

Twin Falls sounds GREAT!  The March dates look like they won't work for us, but April 6/7 is open.  (I'm penciling it in so I don't book anything!)  YAY!!

I have not forgotten about this one.
I will reserve a cabin soon and hope that I'll get some of you to split it with me.  :)

It looks like everyone prefers April over March.
I'm thinking April 5, 6, 7.

I made a reservation.

Click this,
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,136222.0.html

Back