• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Hampton Roads Meet

carbonemt

So I'm tired of seeing that VA is not unified, as members, and I want to see us have a Meet and Swap at the start of the Month. I am willing to set up and organize a Meet for anyone and everyone to come to in the Hampton Roads Area, I will get a location, for us and a business that will solicitate us. I just need Guarantees that people will show up

First welcome carbonemt!

Nice to see some enthusiasm in this part of Virginia again. Things have been quiet for the Hampton Roads area the last couple of years for various reasons.
If you look back at previous post of mine you will see we tried several different types of get togethers in our area.
1. Monthly meetings on Saturdays at Priority  Chevrolet in Chesapeake, they supported us by letting us use a meeting room and showing off the new AVs to us. We had to park in school lot behind dealership though. We would go to places like Grate Stake to have dinner afterwards. I believe Grate Steak is now closed.
2. Occasional parking lot meets in the Summer at Jenro's Pub where Hot Rod and Classic car and bike owners would meet and walk the lot to show off cars. They don't seem to meet in the colder months.
3. Find area car shows in Gloucester and Colonial Downs to enter our AVs as a group and spend the day.
4. Once a year the local chapter of the Blue Knights would have a  motorcycle Toy Run to benefit Children's Hospital of King's Daughters and a group of AVs would enter and follow the motorcycles to CHKD and to the after party.
5. One time we had a pool party at a member's house in Chesapeake, great time but that member is not very active on the site.

I found the best methods to try is to advertise a GTG in a separate thread listing their location and date in the title, then send private messages to all members you can in the area. The Virginia thread about the roll call will give you an idea of who is in the area. Sometimes i have posted threads in neighboring states like in North Carolina too since some members live near us.
In the event thread you create don't forget to use the first post as a roll call of those attending. You can update the list as others confirm their attendance.Once you get a few committed then other will join in on the fun.
You have to post frequently to remind people since many members don't check the site daily for events.
Some localities try a place like Hooters to have a GTG but some families don't feel comfortable attending a place like that.

Good luck with your efforts.

I appreciate the support, its great to see someone up here that is looking forward to a meet, I have a friend that is the parts manager at priority Honda, and a few more friends that work at the car lots around here that would probably like that, and I wouldn't mind having it up at Bass Pro Shop like they used to do the car shows in the summer time, maybe because we are driving trucks they will reconsider letting it happen again, and also they have a steak house right there, and bars, and other restaurants really close.

Im in the area every mid July, well at least the last 2 years..  We stay just south of Va beach..  Maybe when we are up there next year, we can get something going one day..  (y) (y)

Hugz said:
Im in the area every mid July, well at least the last 2 years..  We stay just south of Va beach..  Maybe when we are up there next year, we can get something going one day..  (y) (y)

Hugz you make the trip and I'm going to join you >:D

Back