• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Chattanooga GTG

I'm up for one, but timing is an issue for me right now... I'm on a project at work which is taking up about 14 hrs of my day.  Needless to say the honey-do list is getting bigger and bigger....

Alright every morning i see 2-3 avalanches one pewter Z66, pewter z71, and a black one going to work there is also a red one that has amber drl's but can never get his attention. and all are 03-06

I'd like have a GTG closer to summer around the North GA/ Chattanooga area since i'm starting to see more avalanches in my area but theres more i've only seen once.

So any one interested reply with places or dates where you would like to me meet and maybe we can get get somewhere that'll work for everybody

Mine is the Victory Red with ambers jeffs03.  I'm up for another GTG, it's been a couple of years for me.  Let me know when and where and I'll be there.

Not recently, at least not in the Av.  There are about 3-4 Vic Reds driving around Chattown but I'm the only one I've seen with ambers.  Either way we'll do a cookout or something this summer. 

Well looks like I'll nominate myself to arrange another Chattanooga GTG. This next one will be a little warmer than the last one Ski. I'll come up with a few different options and put it out for a vote. I'm thinking one option already can be "Boats 'N Bows". So if anyone is interested in wake boarding, tubing, or just busting holes in the water we can certainly make that happen this year. Suggestions are welcome.

Marine4Life said:
Well looks like I'll nominate myself to arrange another Chattanooga GTG. This next one will be a little warmer than the last one Ski. I'll come up with a few different options and put it out for a vote. I'm thinking one option already can be "Boats 'N Bows". So if anyone is interested in wake boarding, tubing, or just busting holes in the water we can certainly make that happen this year. Suggestions are welcome.

Man, it was cold that day!!

Marine4Life said:
It was January or something like that wasn't. Probably the worst GTG planning ever  :beating:

First time I had been to the downtown area and was very cool.  Pizza was good too!! (y)

Ok here are some preliminary thoughts for the Chattanooga GTG.  Not sure of a date yet, just trying to throw out some ideas.

1.  Boats 'N Bows
  • Camping spot reserved in Chester Frost Park off Lake Chickamauga
  • Dock and ramp access for anyone with a boat
  • Dog friendly

2.  Golf Scramble at Brown Acres

3.  White Water Rafting down the Ocoee
  • Mountain cabin rental depending on number of participants
  • The larger cabins can sleep up to 8 or more and are equipped with hot tubs, full kitchens, gas grills, pool tables, etc.
  • Base price for cabin is $175 for 4 individuals and $10 extra for each additional guest

l.jpg

l.jpg

Ski Edition said:
First time I had been to the downtown area and was very cool.  Pizza was good too!! (y)
Brian... wazzup?  Hey were you driving north on 75 in GA Sunday?  Passed a red AV with ambers pulling a camper. 

I may make it down that way if you guys put something together. I wouldnt mind an Ocoee trip, once the water is slightly above freezing.

Same here desirehrdwd, just need a date I'm about 120 miles away. (y)

I'm thinking sometime in June. If everyone is thinking on doing an Ocoee trip then I'll need to start working on getting quotes from some different rafting companies. I'll work on a specific date. So whose in?

pastthebrink said:
If we are going to do an Ocoee thing we may want to let some folks in N.C. know as well.

Once I get the details I'll post in Georgia and N.C. I will be working on the particulars this Sunday. I may do a scouting trip in a few weeks.

Back