• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

"Informal" GTG in Niagara Falls - Nov. 10th or 11th 2012

DouglasOak

Cruise Coord
SM 2014
SM 2013
SM 2012
SM 2011
So my last attempt at a GTG in Niagara Falls didn't go so well.  :(
index.php

BUT WE HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE TO MEET UP!!!

I will be arriving in Niagara Falls on Friday Nov. 9th and available to meet up with anyone on Saturday the 10th and Sunday the 11th.
DirtyGirlAva has Union meetings both days, so I figured if anyone wants to come out for a little "Grub and Gab" session, I would love to meet up with some fellow Ontario members.

We could still do some of the things we had planned in the last GTG as it will probably be a little chilly outside.

Once we get to Clifton Hill we can start our fun filled day using a Clifton Hill FUN PASS which includes:

The Niagara SkyWheel (Canada?s Largest Observation Wheel)
   Galaxy Golf or Dinosaur Adventure Golf*
   Movieland Wax Museum of Stars
   XD Theater
   Ghostblasters Dark Ride
   Plus 5 Great Canadian Midway Tokens

You can purchase your pass and save $25, that day or online at:
http://www.cliftonhill.com/tickets
If you buy online you also get a second admission to the Niagara SkyWheel as a featured bonus!

OR we can always just relax and enjoy each others company and the view of the Falls.

Let me know if anyone is interested and what day is best for you, then post here.
 (y)

Attachments

• skywheel-at-night.jpg
    skywheel-at-night.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 159
I would love to meet some of the other members too!!!
Regardless of what day you chose I will try to meet up with you all, at some point in the day.

I am done Sunday @ 1pm at the latest... (probably noon)
If you could hold off on the "Clifton Hill Fun Fest" till then I would love to hang out for the afternoon!

So I guess what I'm saying is...
Put me on the attending list - my preferred day is Sunday!!!

ATTENDING LIST

NAME                Preferred Day

DirtyGirlAva        Sunday
DouglasOak        Sat/Sun

It's gonna be here soon!!! November 10th and 11th!!

We'll be in Niagara Falls this weekend!!!
We will arrive Friday night and are staying at the Raddisson, I will be free on Saturday till 6 and Sunday morning for anyone that wants to meet up. DirtyGirl should have everything wrapped up at Noon on Sunday and would like to do a few things on Clifton Hill if anyone is up for an afternoon of fun.
We would love to meet some fellow members... so let us know if you can make it!!  (y)

I really appreciate you expending time & effort to arrange a GTG (or GTG's as the case may be).  Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it.  Have fun and hopefully we can co-ordinate something for another time.  Have Fun!

It's looking like I will be cruising around scaring the shoes off of tourists with the new Train Horns!!!!

Wish I was up there...  But it doesnt look like Im going to make it any more this year..  :needhug: :needhug:

Code Orange (formerly movieman) said:
I really appreciate you expending time & effort to arrange a GTG (or GTG's as the case may be).  Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to make it.  Have fun and hopefully we can co-ordinate something for another time.  Have Fun!
I really don't mind trying to arrange a GTG,
I know how much fun I have had meeting other members and there families over the past couple years.
My wife and I attend all the ones we can make it to and really enjoy ourselves.

I will continue in the spring working on GTG's in and around the GTA as there seems to be quite a few members within a 2 hour drive of Toronto. (I think I'm the only one down in "The Banana Belt" in Windsor)

It's kinda like that line from an old movie "If You Build It... They Will Come"

Eventually I will pick a date that appeals to the masses, but until then...
Happy [size=24pt]AVentures!!![/size]

What time will you be passing thru Brantford on Sunday?
We could meet up at Tim's for a coffee, you can check out my Corsa

biggmachz said:
What time will you be passing thru Brantford on Sunday?
We probably won't head back till late Sunday night. DirtyGirl has union meetings till noon and then she wants to do some fun stuff on Clifton HIll.
I will be waking up Stogen Sunday morning in Grimsby, to help him with some wiring and then go out and play with our Train Horns!!!!
(Maybe I can talk Stu into a "Sunday Drive" over to Brantford, I think you're about an hour from his place.)

We will probably be running thru Brantford around 7-7:30 Friday night. If you hear a "Train" in the neighborhood, that could be me!!!!!

(P.S. I sent you a PM with my info)

biggmachz said:
Friday evening might work for a quick meet if I get home early
I "PM"d my info, shoot me a text we should be rolling thru there around 7ish, maybe a Timmies near the 403? 
I'm not sure which is closest to you but I know there is one on Sinclair. (and another on Lynden and one on West, and at least 2 on Henry!!!! lol) They're everywhere!!!!

I'll post some more Pix of Ava around The Falls as soon as I get them uploaded.

Ava's first night at the Falls
72142_294290960680989_2018887193_n.jpg

Ava spent the afternoon in the park feeding the ducks.
(As you can see from the picture Ducks don't like Train Horns!!!)
430620_294404334002985_426913275_n.jpg

We're still waiting on the pics, and leave the ducks alone unless you are barbecuing one.  LOL

We have a great view from our hotel
(Hope to get better shots tomorrow when the sun comes out)

IMG-20121110-00597.jpg

We went for a little walk before dinner
(My "not so smartphone" doesn't do it justice.)
IMG-20121110-00602.jpg

IMG-20121110-00604.jpg

IMG-20121110-00611.jpg

IMG-20121110-00607.jpg

IMG-20121110-00601.jpg

biggmachz said:
Friday evening might work for a quick meet if I get home early

It was nice to finally meet biggmachz.
He was nice enough to take me for a ride to hear his Corsa Sport exhaust.
Unfortunately it's gonna have to wait for a little bit, but it just climbed to the top of the "Must Have Mod List"!!!!

What a gorgeous day!!!
Took this one from the hotel window this morning...
Great start to an awesome day!

IMG-20121111-00616.jpg

Took a quick trip to Grimsby to see Stogen and had a blast on the mountain road to and from his house.

IMG-20121111-00618.jpg

IMG-20121111-00619.jpg

67 degrees @ noon on November 11th!!!!

IMG-20121111-00620.jpg

Ava loved the cool mist from the Falls

IMG-20121111-00624.jpg

DirtyGirl and I spent the afternoon playing and taking pix at Clifton Hill

IMG-20121111-00652.jpg

IMG-20121111-00655.jpg

IMG-20121111-00656.jpg

Chillin' with the OBlaBla's

IMG-20121111-00665.jpg

DirtyGirl up to her old tricks!!!!
IMG-20121111-00628.jpg

We had to stay till it got dark for some more night pix.

IMG-20121111-00669.jpg

IMG-20121111-00674.jpg

Picked up a few items for my Glaucoma kit!!!  LOL!!!
IMG-20121111-00687.jpg

Only you and Lisa would do something like that. :laugh:

Great pictures.  (y)

Back