• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sirius nav / weather / travel link

muffman

PM 2012
Not sure if this is where I post this but....... :p

On my new 2013, I have the free 3-month SiriusXM Nav/traffic, Nav/weather and SiriusXM Travel Link.

So, I know how to get the weather stuff, by hitting the "i" on the lower right of the nav unit, but how do I access the travel link, and nav/traffic from my GM radio?

Thanks

2013 is the first year Chevy offered this feature, but sorry to say it is only available on the following 5 vehicles:  (n)
Camaro
Cruze
Equinox
Malibu
Volt

I have a 2013 Equinox (about 3 weeks old) and also have the same thing.  I believe you don't directly access the trafic information.  On my display the colors of the highways change to indicate the current speed of trafffic like red = less than 20 mph; green = max; etc. and the radio also has traffic alert message screen that alerts you when approcaing problems.  

Of course that is all for city congested driving.  My '11 AVY does a similar thing.

Your did read the navigation manual?  ???

Attachments

• NOX Navigation.jpg
    NOX Navigation.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 109
Well, the weather works on the AV from Sirius......that wasn't there in my 2010.  But you are saying the two other features don't work?

Yes I read the navigation manual, but this is a component of SiriuxXM.

No, what I am saying is that you don't directly interact with them.  It does come from the SiriusXM but it shows on the naviagation screen.

It seems to works fine there.

muffman said:
Ahhh, got ya.  I'll check that out tonight.  What about travel link that shows local gas stations and pricing though?

More pictures! 

Attachments

• finding fuel.jpg
    finding fuel.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 104
  • finding fuel 2.jpg
    finding fuel 2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 104
Thanks for your help man.  I'll tell you this though, the NAV unit in the 2013 is much better than the 2010, screen looks better, resolution looks better.  :wave:

muffman said:
Thanks for your help man.  I'll tell you this though, the NAV unit in the 2013 is much better than the 2010, screen looks better, resolution looks better.   :wave:

I have been (surprisingly) very impressed with the 2013 nav system in the AV. The interface is very intuitive, turn by turn worked very well. My wife has a new Acura and their system is awful - there is nothing intuitive about it. GM did a great job on this!

muffman said:
Thanks for your help man.  I'll tell you this though, the NAV unit in the 2013 is much better than the 2010, screen looks better, resolution looks better.   :wave:

Your'e welcome - glad to help. 

I downloaded the NAV manual last night for the new AVY and it looks like they didn't incorporate the "MYLINK" feature on the AVY.  The NOX has that and that was the reference I was using so that is why they are different.  Looks like Chevy couldn't quite make the leap for a vehicle in it's last model year.  :B:

The navigation screen on the NOX is quite a bit improved over my '11 AVY.  HD screen and all.

Enjoy your new ride  (y)

Ok, the traffic alert does work, I was driving down the highway the other day and a message flashed up, as if I was in nav mode (I had the sirrus screen on) and an audible message came on telling me about a traffic problem on the freeway, accompanied by a map.  I also found out our screens are HD, that explains why the screen looks so much better than my 2010 AV screen.  Based on what I see, I think GM did step up on this final year Avy.  Mylink has a ton of problems, all you have to do is google it.

FWIW: my weather and traffic worked for the first 90 days, then stopped. We added my vehicle to our XM subscription with NavTraffic but the weather is not updating very well at all. I hit the "i" on the HU, and it takes FOREVER for it to update, and when it does its not local. The traffic seems to work fine. I see the little yellow "taxi" on my nav screen and when I press that it shows the traffic warnings in a list.

I'd like the weather back so I can get my warnings back! I'll have to call XM to see what's up I guess.

Edit:  I sent a 'refresh' signal to my vehicle before I pulled out of the parking lot at work yesterday.  By the time I got home I had the local weather.  All's well for me! :)

Back