• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

They Broke into my Avalanche..time for a Alarm system!

J_One17

I woke up this morning going to work and someone punched in the key hole and got into my truck. Good thing is they didn't have much to steal from me but the damage is done. My stock alarm did't go off so it's time i install a aftermarket one. Any Advice on which system is good? I have a 02 Avalanche 1500 z71

My parents always had clifford when we lived in California and they never had issues. I have a code alarm with remote start and alarm system. The range on the remote start is 1 miles. It also comes with a remote that offers both audible and visual feedback if the alarm has armed if the doors are locked and if the remote start has worked.

From what i understand both viper and Clifford are made by the same company so i guess i can't go wrong with anyone of the two. Is there anything i should pay attention to with features with getting vs features not even worth getting.

I just had an Excalibur remote start alarm system installed in my 07 Av.
It seems to work really well, and has a lot of programable features that are cool.

I had a motion sensor (Code Alarm) installed in the bed area, on velcro incase I take it to the carwash and spray the bed out. It pulls off and unplugs.

The remote is a 2 way type, and lets you know the condition of the alarm, and if it has went off.
It shows if it was a shock sensor activation, a door open, or hood raised, and the remote alert is audible, vibration or both.

I am now adjusting the sensitivity on the sensor, as the alarm sounds when jets go over the building......I work in the approach area for Lambert Field.

I still have the option of purchasing the GPS add on, that also will communicate with my IPhone for alarm control, and text messaging when the alarm goes off.
Its pricey though......$400.00 more on top of the $450.00 that the system costs.

I have had alarm systems save two vehicles in the past.

Maybe they will just move on to the next one, and leave mine alone!

Mike

You might want to supplement the alarm with some Jimmi' Jammers for the door and hood.  Those things pay for themselves and offer a first line of defense.

I have to hand it to GM - Make an Alarm that DOESNT go off when someone breaks into the vehicle.

Wow...Congrats!

Wonder how I know? Yeah...me too. Hogwash. 100% pointless factory "Alarm" - My 1998 Lexus was foolproof...if you didnt have the key with chip in it, Alarm goes off no matter how the door is unlocked.

1 PI$$ED guy right now.

Back