• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone have an Edge CTS Tuner

07Avy703

Does anyone have an Edge CTS installed with the in dash mount?  I'm thinking about purchasing this tuner but I would like to see would it looks like installed with the dash mount.

Thanks.

I don't have the new CTS but I have a CS and the dash pod.
I found it was awesome having the extra gauges right there to monitor everything.
But it was too bright at night on country roads so I put my Garmin GPS up on the dash pod instead.
(The CTS is about the same size as my 4.3" GPS so it should look similar)

Attachments

• edge_dash_pod_28302.jpg
    edge_dash_pod_28302.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 170
  • dash pod gps.JPG
    dash pod gps.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 266
Nice, how do you like performance boost and/or boost in gas mileage?

Economy mode 87 octane= maybe slight mpg increase but the tranny shifts are much firmer.
Performance mode 91+ octane= lots of power even more aggressive shifts. I loved this mode and used it for about 9 months, then switched back to economy (simply to save a few bucks on fuel) and really miss the added power.

I never used the towing mode, but I can tell you even going from economy to stock is a huge difference.
I have gone back to stock for a couple visits to the dealer, and dreaded the ride home (My Avy in stock mode is a real dog and the tranny is a real slop box without a tune)

The only problem I have is that Edge does not have the option to turn off AFM (cylinder deactivation) which I would love to be able to do.
Otherwise I love the unit but as mentioned earlier mine does not have a dimmer feature, and I found it too bright at night, so I just program my Avy and lock it in the glove box.

DouglasOak said:
Economy mode 87 octane= maybe slight mpg increase but the tranny shifts are much firmer.
Performance mode 91+ octane= lots of power even more aggressive shifts. I loved this mode and used it for about 9 months, then switched back to economy (simply to save a few bucks on fuel) and really miss the added power.

I never used the towing mode, but I can tell you even going from economy to stock is a huge difference.
I have gone back to stock for a couple visits to the dealer, and dreaded the ride home (My Avy in stock mode is a real dog and the tranny is a real slop box without a tune)

The only problem I have is that Edge does not have the option to turn off AFM (cylinder deactivation) which I would love to be able to do.
Otherwise I love the unit but as mentioned earlier mine does not have a dimmer feature, and I found it too bright at night, so I just program my Avy and lock it in the glove box.

Ahhh great, thanks for the feedback.  Im actually deciding between the Edge Evo CTS or the Superchips Flashpaq which does have the option to disable AFM.  Decisions.... Decisions.....  :E:

Ordered a CS yesterday, hoping for a mpg boost, little better power towing.  Doubt I will ever use the high performance setting.  Being able to monitor temps while towing will be nice too.

I've been using the Edge Evolution CTS for 5 months now. The 03 Avalanche has been performing better in the economy and performance tune modes. Shift is noticeably improved and smoother. In Economy mode: 17 to 21.7 mpg. 524 mile trip on one tank of fuel (NJ to OH via PA) with 9 gallon to spare. Acceleration and performance was greatly improved over factory setting. Cruise speed set 70mph. Performance was excellent on PA mountains, better acceleration and overall performance in various driving conditions. Highly recommend to any Avy owner.

Installed my Evolution CS today.  Install was super easy, I got the dash pod and installing that and the programmer both took only a few minutes.  Haven't driven it much yet but do feel it shifting firmer. 

denneym1 said:
Installed my Evolution CS today.  Install was super easy, I got the dash pod and installing that and the programmer both took only a few minutes.  Haven't driven it much yet but do feel it shifting firmer.  

You won't truly notice the difference until you remove the tune and go back to stock.
It's shocking to feel the difference once you go back to stock  :badidea:

Back