• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2014 Corvette

MyBigToy

Here's the first decent picture I've seen - front 3/4 view. I couldn't find a decent rear view to post; I'll reserve judgment on the rear until I see it in person. From what I've seen so far, I'm not crazy about the taillights - they look too Camaro-esque to suit me.

The picture came from the AutoWeek website, but they are all over the Internet already.

Attachments

• 2014 corvette.jpg
    2014 corvette.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 388
DDDAAAAMMNNN!!!  That is one SWEET looking Corvette!

I almost don't care what the taillights look like (although, if I were driving it, that is all anyone would see...lol)

Unfortunately, the headlights and side marker light remind me more of the Nissan Z.

:drive:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/01/13/2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-ready-to-strike/?intcmp=features
The second picture is a full rear shot.
Sure would look good in the driveway along side the avy!

I like it ... except for the rear .... kinda boring .... starting to over use the camaro rear end .... on the Malibu and now the vette ....

Mods - I noticed lordvette posted this topic already yesterday, AFTER I looked in GM News. His topic is posted in Daves Bar & Grille. I'm sure you will want to merge the topics........

The Vette needed a major change, and this delivers.  I'll never be able to afford one, but if I ever won the lottery....one would be in my driveway as soon as it is available.

Saw my first one today and was I impressed.

Here is another white one

Attachments

• 2013corvettewhute.JPG
    2013corvettewhute.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 2013corvetteblue.JPG
    2013corvetteblue.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 1
Saw a couple more blue ones today.  PS the sticker price is 90k and change.

IMG_20130815_152151_449_zpsd4732321.jpg

IMG_20130815_152139_034_zps3b11bf45.jpg

IMG_20130815_152112_992_zpsd235b95c.jpg

Wow!!! Freaking awesome! ! I personally like that they steered away from the out dated tails. Looks more modern and almost looks exotic!  :B:

MS03 2500 said:
Saw a couple more blue ones today.  PS the sticker price is 90k and change.

No, the base model is $51,995 delivered. It is the equivalent of the 2LT package on the C6, in other words very well equipped.

Also at this time there is up to $3000 discount if you have that much built up on your GM card. So that's $48,995 delivered.

It may be possible to purchase every single option including full leather covered dashboard and convertible top and get to $90,000 but you'd have to work at it. I don't think you can or even would.

You cannot get more bang for your buck than the C7 at $48,995. A world class car for the price of a Mustang.

In case you hadn't heard...

1236260_10151647117722135_1821562722_n.jpg

BowlingGreenCorvetteDelivery04-medium-640x394.jpg

1272247_10151930600997238_450223343_o.jpg

BowlingGreenCorvetteDelivery05-medium-640x485.jpg

THE STINGRAYS HAVE LEFT THE BUILDING!!!
2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-014.jpg

Sept 18 2013
Christmas is coming early for Corvette fans ? the 2014 C7 Stingray begins shipping today, with production cars leaving the plant even as you read this. ?It?s an amazing sight to see the transporters filled with Stingrays heading to customers in all corners of the country,? said Dave Tatman, plant manager of General Motors? Bowling Green Assembly plant. ?The pride at Bowling Green is overwhelming and it shows in the tremendous quality and attention to detail going into each one of these new Corvettes.?

So far, approximately 1,000 cars have been produced, and GM says that they may be shipped out of their build sequence, calling it ?a normal part of any new vehicle launch.? Cars should be arriving at their destinations in the next few weeks, and many dealerships are likely to want to use the new Corvettes as traffic-builders for their showrooms.

Hope mine gets here soon. >:D     :kidding: :kidding:

Stackrat said:
It's just my honest opinion, but.......     :9:

C5's are still my faves.

Ditto!  I have a C3, but the C5 has been on my wish list since they came out.  As far as the rear end...the C5 has the sexiest...hands down!

Intimidatoruag said:
I like it ... except for the rear .... kinda boring .... starting to over use the camaro rear end .... on the Malibu and now the vette ....

Ditto!

Time for a change?  Sure...But it looks too European, other than the Camaro rear end.  The overall shape...very Nissan Z-esque, I agree.  It does look good overall though.  Too pricey, get a C5 or C6 used for half the price and mod the engine to out perform the 2014.  Either way...you can't go wrong with any Corvette.

The first shipments of 2014 Stingrays are arriving at The National Corvette Museum

Some proud new owners have opted to pick up their new Stringrays at the museum, across the street from the plant.
They will be able to do so starting September 30th. Congratulations if you are one of the lucky ones!

(I thought it was kind of a waste to put a shipping cover on them to go across the street,
...but they are re-useable and you get to keep it!)
    :laugh:
WHAT A DEAL!!!

091913_87b.jpg

BUi4PpICUAAYuAU.jpg:large

DouglasOak said:
The first shipments of 2014 Stingrays are arriving at The National Corvette Museum

Some proud new owners have opted to pick up their new Stringrays at the museum, across the street from the plant.
They will be able to do so starting September 30th. Congratulations if you are one of the lucky ones!

(I thought it was kind of a waste to put a shipping cover on them to go across the street,
...but they are re-useable and you get to keep it!)
    :laugh:
WHAT A DEAL!!!

091913_87b.jpg

BUi4PpICUAAYuAU.jpg:large
For the kind of money these things cost, you'd think they'd ship them in a covered car hauler like BMW.  :rolleyes:

I went to the museum 6 or 8 years ago.  Interesting place.  If you take delivery of your new 'Vette there  (at an extra charge...GM doesn't miss a beat!), they show you all the features and give you a private tutorial in a glass enclosed room so everyone at the museum can envy you.  They will then ship it to your home if I remember correctly.  Or you can drive off from there.

I'm not to crazy about the grill opening.  This is after seeing the Motor Trend cover with one of the new vettes on the cover that was shot at a lower level.  Just looks like an open fish mouth to me.  I don't think the floating chrome bar helps.  Hopefully that will get fixed in the 15s.

enoniam said:
I'm not to crazy about the grill opening.  This is after seeing the Motor Trend cover with one of the new vettes on the cover that was shot at a lower level.  Just looks like an open fish mouth to me.  I don't think the floating chrome bar helps.  Hopefully that will get fixed in the 15s.
well it is a "stingray" you wanna talk about ugly look at the new lincoln mkx after you discovered the front end was designed after a whales mouth  :9: i will never see them the same again

Back