• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Plasti Dip Pictures

wyotonka

figured we needed a good place to show our plasti dip pictures and projects

plasti dip b pillar.... before and after

IMG_1995_zpse5b7ca73.jpg

IMG_7599_zps94be722d.jpg

Ill jump in on this action as well...  Good job on getting this started Wyotonka.

Attachments

• Grill.emblem.hood.PD.1.w.jpg
    Grill.emblem.hood.PD.1.w.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 1,485
I may have to steal that hood idea! That looks awesome on there. Not sure how it would look on my blue but worth a shot. Best part is, if I don't like it, I can just peel it off...

No prep on the rims, 4 coats of dip, 3 months later i have one small spot starting to peel off. I'm sure if i scuffed up the rims before hand it wouldn't be a problem.

what was the prep work on the pillars.  I'm thinking thats going to be my next dip

wipe clean, mask off, and spray away ... just make sure you clear the nozzle on the can before it dries otherwise it is next to impossible to get a good even coat the next time you use it

yeah did rims on the charger and mazda just wondered on the molding how it would hold up

wyotonka said:

I am really liking this look.

Can you grab a few more shots from a couple of different angles and maybe a few closer shots?

I am not a big fan of vent shades, in general, and wish I could see your truck without them.

I would really like to see how that upper line works without the shades.

But outstanding look, regardless!

Well done.

(y)

wyotonka:

Just in case you wanna try to color match the lip on your VentShades...

(or if someone is feeling adventurous with the color options!)
I'm kinda likin' that "Harley Orange"  (y)

Attachments

• 523063_394065410683891_1305777772_n.jpg
    523063_394065410683891_1305777772_n.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,424
im sure they have, but i cant find any pictures, but has anybody plastidip'd the "Chevrolet" and the back of an 02 avy?

im in the process of dipping my powerbar, bowtie, and wheels, and was thinking about doing the the chevrolet on on the tailgate and want to see a picture of it before i did it, but i guess if it peels off easy i could just try it first. But if there are pictures out there......

Nice work I really like the look.  I was wondering if anyone has ever done anything like below?  I always thought LineX or similar would be the best, but plastidip would be great for trying the look at least.  I would try it if I had cladding, but I bought the newer bodystyle.

wyotonka, I hope you don't mind me using your truck.

wyotonka_av_mod_zpsdba90c31.jpg

wyotonka said:
I think that my next project is the lines where the hood steps up (y)

I know it's not an AV, or Plasti-Dip,  but speaking of hood ideas, here's what I did on the hood of my 05 Silverado

Attachments

• PC071009.JPG
    PC071009.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,390
Calicak89 said:
I know it's not an AV, or Plasti-Dip,  but speaking of hood ideas, here's what I did on the hood of my 05 Silverado

Very interesting.  Wouldn't mind seeing more shots of this one.

thats what i was talking about trying with the plastidip only black and not across the front since i have the bug guard... i like the way it looks on there..  (y)

I will try to hunt down some more pics, I did the silver scallop on the hood only a few months before I sold it, not sure what others I may have. if i find more, i'll post them

:woohoo: it was warm enough last weekend to finally get the driver side done on my b pillar so my truck is finally symmetrical again

krazycarguy said:
No prep on the rims, 4 coats of dip, 3 months later i have one small spot starting to peel off. I'm sure if i scuffed up the rims before hand it wouldn't be a problem.
krazy - so are they still holding up good? I would like to try it on my company issued leased Equinox's alloy wheels when it arrives in a few weeks. You're confident that if I spray plasti dip on the wheels, it can be peeled off later? When I return it in 3 years, I gotta make it look stock again, thx

Back