• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Rear bumper damage? needs a plate...

05-49T6

When I was looking for my Avy I seen several that this type of damage to the rear bumper.  :eek:
Has anyone seen or fabricated a plate that would connect to the flat on top and then roll down over the bumper and protect this area?? Just thinking? cause I will probably end up doing this when try to hook up the boat?  :E:

bumperdamage_zpsa56920d6.jpg

BTW the pic is from a 2500 in Kokomo, IN  on cars dot com right now.

I have not seen anyone do a mod like that. That would be a good reason for a backup camera which many have added.
Others have changed their rear bumper for a steel off-road bumper.
That type of damage can happen in low speed collisions on the road or in parking lots too. One reason I always have a hitch tube step on my AV when not towing. Keeps people from coming close to the rear of the AV.

They are not looking for the pad. They want something to cover this area so the pad doesn't end up getting damaged like the one in the photo.

TLB, yes that is correct. It appears (to me) as though the damage to the rear bumper in the pic was caused by the tongue of a trailer. This is concerning because I have bumped my trailer a few times with the Dodge and no damage (steel bumper). One more thing, do you like the Hypertech III? Does it change the torque management at all?

Vaeagleav, the backup cam is a great idea. I will be looking in to that, it would be awesome to find something that would hook up to and use my `05 Navi screen as a monitor. :cool:

Ronthehandymanga, thanks for the link to GM Parts? added it to my fav?s!!! (y)

Thanks for the replies!! :B:

05-49T6 said:
TLB, yes that is correct. It appears (to me) as though the damage to the rear bumper in the pic was caused by the tongue of a trailer. This is concerning because I have bumped my trailer a few times with the Dodge and no damage (steel bumper). One more thing, do you like the Hypertech III? Does it change the torque management at all?

Vaeagleav, the backup cam is a great idea. I will be looking in to that, it would be awesome to find something that would hook up to and use my `05 Navi screen as a monitor. :cool:

Ronthehandymanga, thanks for the link to GM Parts? added it to my fav?s!!! (y)

Thanks for the replies!! :B:
No comment on the bumper but if you want torque nanny gone don't waste time with a handheld.  Have a shop load a custom tune for you with hptuners.  Nelson Perf in SA TX has premade ones and will send you a replacement computer (just ship them your old one back).  Highly recommend!

i backed into my tounge on my camper just left a scratch i think you would have to hit pretty hard to do that to the lower part

Back