• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone with the OEM LTZ style 22-24" replica wheels?

blu_fuz

I am in love with the 20" chrome LTZ wheels on the 2013 AVs :love:.

Now, my '07 AV has the 20" polished LTZ wheels and they look good, but I like to see the sun reflection off the spokes as I am rolling through town. I don't like most of the aftermarket wheels on the AV, but the 20" chrome LTZ and the 22" chrome LTZ style on ebay would look nice I think.

Does anyone here have the 22" ebay OEM LTZ style chrome wheels on their 2007-2013 AV? Or even the 20" chrome ebay ones that can comment on the quality of the wheels?

Please post a picture if you have the 22" ebay OEM LTZ style chrome wheels, I would love to see them mounted on a 2007-2013. Thank you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/22-Inch-Chrome-Chevrolet-Tahoe-Silverado-Suburban-Avalanche-LTZ-OE-Wheels-Rims-/281041612872?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item416f62b048&vxp=mtr

$T2eC16dHJHEE9ny2srK!BQp)r,,M2!~~60_57.JPg

I am curious of this as well. Looking into just getting oem chrome ones to replace the polished but I think the 22s would fill the fender up a bit more and not look ghetto

I agree, the 22" OEM style would add a little something to the look but not be gaudy or ghetto but make people do a double-take and be like, "DAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUM!"

Hopefully someone has them so I can see before I spend $1500+  :help:

I got a line on 22" OEM's from my dealer ..... just have to go back and talks to my salesman ..... hope to get a deal on some take offs for 1/2 price .....

I currently have the rims pictured above but 20" .....

John

also note that in your ebay listing those are not GM rims ..... they are copies ..... or replica wheels .... something I wouldn't trust ....

Intimidatoruag said:
also note that in your ebay listing those are not GM rims ..... they are copies ..... or replica wheels .... something I wouldn't trust ....

I know they are not GM rims, I noted "OEM LTZ style" multiple times in my post because they are not factory wheels. Another reason why I made the thread was to ask about the chrome/finish quality of these non oem wheels.

OE Wheel LLC has a set
http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/Wheels-for-Chevy-Trucks/Tahoe_5
oe-chevy-tahoe-c-3.jpg

One of the wheels I am considering is their 20" CK375 reproduction. I do currently own a set of OE Wheels and I'm happy with them, however, the car they are on does not see daily use. I bought them as a last minute thing to see if i liked the gun metal grey and polished lip look. I was a little worried how they would balance but they had less weight on them than my factory wheels and I used the same tires. How would a set of chrome wheels from them hold up under daily use especially here in New England I'm not sure. Not many, if any, wheels can hold up though.

If it came down to it, I would probably buy from them. For the price it is what it is. It's not like other wheel manufacturers are A LOT better quality for the same kind of money. I currently own a factory set of polished 20" LTZ wheels. I like them, but when i pull the wheel weights off i know the clear will peel and if I'm going to spend the money to get a new set of wheels I want something different.

I would recommend if you really want 22's to look at the CK375's or even the 20" version. I think they are nicer than the LTZ wheels. They are discontinued but you can still get a set of takes offs or reproductions.
oe-escalade-5409-ca82-c-3.jpg

As for chrome quality I can't say for sure but i can say this. I have been doing a lot of research about chrome wheels the last few weeks and they seem to all have problems with pitting and peeling. At first I specifically did not want chrome wheels but it looks like if i want something that isn't black I will have to get chrome. I'm NO expert but from some of the research I have done it seems that when it comes to chrome, aluminum is not the best material to chrome plate. I think between this and cheap wheels is why you see so many chrome wheels pit/peel so fast. Granted a lot has to do with location. Obviously areas that use salt in the winter are a lot harder on wheels.

Because of this, I am really considering trying chrome PVD or sometimes referred to as bright PVD. In theory it sounds good. It's more of a chrome powdercoat which if done right is not "supposed" to peel or pit like chrome plate will. Only problem is not knowing anyone with a set the only way to know for sure if it's good is to try it out myself.

I am really considering trying chrome PVD or sometimes referred to as bright PVD. In theory it sounds good. It's more of a chrome powdercoat which if done right is not "supposed" to peel or pit like chrome plate will. Only problem is not knowing anyone with a set the only way to know for sure if it's good is to try it out myself.

I have seen this stuff in person, and it is chrome-ish and reflects some. It isn't a bright finish, it almost looks like a subtle black chrome but way less mirror and not as black. It still only looks as good, or less, as a factory polished LTZ wheel. I don't want to spend the money to make a lateral move, I want to upgrade. I also heard that chrome on aluminum is not great but there really isn't another option. If I got the chrome wheels, I would keep my polished wheels/tires to run in winter and swap back to chrome in summer to keep them as nice as I can for as long as I can.  (y)

blu_fuz said:
I have seen this stuff in person, and it is chrome-ish and reflects some. It isn't a bright finish, it almost looks like a subtle black chrome but way less mirror and not as black. It still only looks as good, or less, as a factory polished LTZ wheel. I don't want to spend the money to make a lateral move, I want to upgrade. I also heard that chrome on aluminum is not great but there really isn't another option. If I got the chrome wheels, I would keep my polished wheels/tires to run in winter and swap back to chrome in summer to keep them as nice as I can for as long as I can.  (y)

Might be worth a shot for you to get them from OE. I know some ppl will knock them but I know a lot of people run them without a problem. I can only speak for the 1 set I own and I didn't have any problems. Like i said too they had less wheel weight on the wheels than my oem factory wheels.

As for the PVD. I know it's not going to be quite as bright as chrome but then again my factory "polished" wheels are cloudy because they are cast. A true polished wheel is as reflective as chrome. Since i don't have an LTZ I have the body color painted mirror caps and door pulls. Other than that I don't have any chrome on the truck besides what was around the grille and you can only see some of that because of my billet grille. If i had other chrome on the truck such as a silverado with the chrome bumpers a good eye might pick out the wheels aren't as shiny. On a truck with no chrome I'm thinking it won't really stand out since there is nothing directly on the truck within line of sight to compare it to.

I also don't have any chrome accents on my '07 AV LTZ, just a little around the grill ring but a set of chrome wheels don't need to match other chrome bits on an AV. I think the chrome accessories can be a bit tacky even just on the mirrors and handles. I'm not saying the chrome bits are bad, just not my style.

Here's my AV with the polished 20's and no chrome or badges, just the chevy emblems on the front/rear because that gold bowtie is on the wheel center caps too:

0728120954.jpg

Here is my car, no badges, no chrome accents, just ford emblems but with chrome wheels:

9-3-2011009.jpg

6-26-2011013.jpg

Looks good. I really like that color. Did you decide on wheels.

I called on the Fuel PVD wheels i was going to order today and they are on back order. The guy said call back in 3 weeks but he doesn't expect to see any before 60 days. I may end up going the XD route afterall.

I've been doing quick photoshops to simulate the look. The aren't perfect but i was doing them fast.
XDSpy_BoostD533AviComparison_zps89599f7f.jpg

I wish some one would buy the 22" chrome ltz lol. I'm curious of the ride quality because my truck ride smooth as silk and I wanna keep it that way.

Well, the 20" wheels run a 275/55/20 which still gives you some soft feeling ride quality.

You bump up to a 22" wheel and you will lose some coution and I believe those aftermarket 22" LTZ replica chrome wheels are 10" wide instead of 8.5" wide like the OEM 20" wheels.

You will go from a 275/55/20 to a 285/45/22, 305/40/22, or 305/45/22. A 45 series tire on a truck is a pretty small tire and your new wheels would be that much closer to road debris and potholes with less tire to absorb things like that.

Ye I understand all that. I'm actually talking about a "shake" or "vibration". I'm also curious to see what it looks like

Shake or vibration from a wheel/tire upgrade shouldn't be any issue unless the manufacturer f'd up making your wheel, which would be covererd for replacement, and if your tire is shaking/bobbling and is f'd up that would be covered by the tire installer or the tire manufacturer.

It could also wobble because of worn out suspension or steering parts, which should be replaced anyway and is your own issue.

blu_fuz said:
No one has a picture of the 22" crome OEM LTZ style wheels on their '07 AV???(n)

I don't think there is a huge market of people looking to spend on the money on them. I think if most people are going to spend the money they are going to get something a little different than a style wheel that is on most Avalanches, Tahoes, Suburbans, and some pickup trucks out there.  Only way to know is give it a shot.

After thinking about it. I don't want to spend almost $2k on 22" chrome wheels and cheap tires.

22" Chrome wheels w/tires:
$2,000 + $ for removing TPS monitors from the old wheels + $ for mounting them in the new wheels then save some money by selling my original polished 20's with tires for maybe $800. That puts me pretty close to $1300 invested in the 22" chrome wheel/tire upgrade.

20" Chrome wheels:
$879 + $ for removal/mount my current tires and TPS sensors. Then save some money selling the original polished 20's with no tires for $600. That puts me at about $350 invested in the 20" chrome wheel upgrade.

Because all I want for the end result is a chrome OEM style wheel, it is way cheaper for me to get the 20" chrome wheels only and easier to explain to my wife why we should get chrome!  (y)

$

Found Tahoe pictures with the 22" LTZ replica wheels and I don't really like it as much as I thought I would  :rolleyes:. I'm def. sticking with the 20" chrome LTZ replicas  :cool:.

DSCF0670.JPG

picture.php

blu_fuz said:
Found Tahoe pictures with the 22" LTZ replica wheels and I don't really like it as much as I thought I would  :rolleyes:. I'm def. sticking with the 20" chrome LTZ replicas  :cool:.

With 22's there are just better options out there anyway such as the platinums or CK375's, etc.

lt1mcss said:
With 22's there are just better options out there anyway such as the platinums or CK375's, etc.
Here are some examples:  :B:
CK375

Attachments

• CK375.jpg
    CK375.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 399
  • ck375 installed.jpg
    ck375 installed.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 405
Platinums:

Attachments

• Platinum.jpg
    Platinum.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 398
  • Platinum installed.jpg
    Platinum installed.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 406
chevyguy_72 said:
Here are some examples:  :B:
CK375

I prefer the CK375's over the platinums i think. The CK375's with an all terrain tire look nice too. If i stuck with the platinums I'd have to see if I could get blank or chevy center caps though.

Just put a set of the CK375's with 305/45R22 Goodyear Forteras on mine, still haven't figured out the picture thing.  I have updated my profile pic with the new rims and tires on.

Here's the pics:

http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/thorljb/DSC00172_zps827ed913.jpg
    http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/thorljb/DSC00179_zps2329d59e.jpg
    http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w580/thorljb/2013-04-11_17-12-49_603_zpsb0907568.jpg

Back