• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

BLIZZARD 2013

james21

Cruise Coord
PM 2021
PM 2019
PM 2014
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
So how is everyone making out in the storm?

good here in South GA lol  wish i could get some white stuff down here >:D

We got part of it last night, you folks stay safe.

bgm_None_anim.gif

My girlfriend lives in Plymouth, she's got 3 ft drifts, hurricane force winds, multiple trees down and been on backup power for 6 hrs. I barely have 6 inches. Really wish I drove out there earlier today. With the states of emergency in effect, MA has a law with mandatory $500 fine and 1 yr prison term for anyone except emergency personel caught driving on the road, CT and RI have similar laws in effect. Wonder if being a FF counts as emergency personel.

James.

You folks have a serious problem james21, but if you have enough concern about the GF damn the laws and fines plus you have a truck that can get thru it.

Yes I do, but right now they have sections of the interstates that ware shut down, the traffic cams can explain that, I mean serious snow. Even my truck would be hard pressed to get through some of the drifts. Still gonna try.

Ahhh! It's still snowing! I can hardly see my Avy! Seriously need to get out of the house!!!  :3:

Going outside finally to see what's shaking and baking.

EDIT:

First image of my Avy this morning.

imagetym.jpg

Quick run to the park before the snow plows get there.

imagenvss.jpg

imageror.jpg

Would have gone further but that would be a stupid thing to do as there is a very steep downgrade a few feet ahead. Coming back up is a risk I am unwilling to take alone

imagezsum.jpg

It took this snow storm to slow my life down and get me back on here and post... I hope everyone is safe!!!

I did not take any pics last night but I must say my HID offroad lights paid for themselves last night. The difference was night and day.

Looks like fun, that is a bit of snow.

dang that looks fun >:D

Here is a picture of the Long Island Xway

Attachments

• longisland.jpg
    longisland.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 125
Guess it was not a good idea to post a live webcam the picture expired here is a link

www.trafficland.com/city/ISP/camera/6264/index.html

:laugh:

Attachments

• 71881_337305339702606_679099638_n.jpg
    71881_337305339702606_679099638_n.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 125
I only got 22" in my yard in Derry NH. I had to drive home from work (Nashua to Derry) at 930ish. My Avay plowed right on, I did not slip at all.
The next morning I watched my brother in his 2010 jeep wrangler with 33" at have to rock his way out the end of my driveway. My wife looked at me and told me not to get stuck because no one would be around to pull me out.. When I jumped in my Avay I push my 4hi and put it into reverse and pulled right out. Needless to say I love my truck and what it can do stock..

Cjkwaz said:
I only got 22" in my yard in Derry NH. I had to drive home from work (Nashua to Derry) at 930ish. My Avay plowed right on, I did not slip at all.
The next morning I watched my brother in his 2010 jeep wrangler with 33" at have to rock his way out the end of my driveway. My wife looked at me and told me not to get stuck because no one would be around to pull me out.. When I jumped in my Avay I push my 4hi and put it into reverse and pulled right out. Needless to say I love my truck and what it can do stock..

(y)  I love my avy in the snow, with the snow tires on there most of the time im in 2wd. dont even need 4wd, lol

Same here
I went to the store to pick up some groceries.
The parking lot to the grocery store was up a steep incline.
When I got there the guy paid to plow their snow was sitting there in his F-150 scratching his head or whatever he was doing.
I pulled right around him and kept on going.
On way back down to go home he stopped me and asked " How did you do that? I can't seem to get up the hill even in 4wd."
I laughed and almost said maybe you need to get an Avalanche.
Not to hurt his feelings, I said maybe you need better tires.
I must add that my LT265/70R 17 BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires made a world of difference.
I had the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S last year and honestly they were a disappointment.
I couldn't even get out of my driveway during the blizzard of 2012 without shoveling snow.
This year, same driveway, and all I had to do was clear the snow off my windshield.

Dluvr22 said:
Same here
I went to the store to pick up some groceries.
The parking lot to the grocery store was up a steep incline.
When I got there the guy paid to plow their snow was sitting there in his F-150 scratching his head or whatever he was doing.
I pulled right around him and kept on going.
On way back down to go home he stopped me and asked " How did you do that? I can't seem to get up the hill even in 4wd."
I laughed and almost said maybe you need to get an Avalanche.
Not to hurt his feelings, I said maybe you need better tires.
I must add that my LT265/70R 17 BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires made a world of difference.
I had the Goodyear Wrangler AT/S last year and honestly they were a disappointment.
I couldn't even get out of my driveway during the blizzard of 2012 without shoveling snow.
This year, same driveway, and all I had to do was clear the snow off my windshield.

I had goodyear wrangler at/s on my 2000 Druango, they were great on nice sunny days. But if it got a lillte wet out or snowed at all I would have no traction and just spin my tires even in 4wd..

Back