• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

New Buckstop bumpers and winch for the Avy

TonysAV17

Finally got the new bumpers installed. Still need to wire up all the lights and the winch, but the worst part is done!! Starting to look more like a truck now..... :cool:

IMG_1334_zps0f8f7448.jpg

IMG_1335_zpsef867675.jpg

IMG_1336_zps763e7dcb.jpg

IMG_1342_zps436d50d8.jpg

Nice bumper first time I've seen one on a new body style AV

I really like it!No more worries about scratching the plastic bumper  (y)

BackwoodsAVY said:
(y)looks beautiful may I ask where you got this would love to put one on my 1st gen avy

Buckstop is here in Oregon.  A friend of mine has had one on his Dodge for some time.  Funny story: I was out elk hunting with him and while riding in the truck I asked him why he didn't have a deer-smasher on his truck.  He said he hadn't gotten around to it yet but really wanted a Buckstop because they're great.  About two minutes later, we smacked a deer.  :eek: He used the insurance money to buy his Buckstop.  (y)

www.buckstop.biz

Oddly, their price list says 07-14 Avalanche rear bumpers are not available.  $1849 for front, I assume before upgrades.

Very nice! I was looking at the exact same bumper a couple of years back, and ended up purchasing Trail Ready bumper, as they are owned and operated by the same people. Good choice!

Attachments

• Wheel4.jpg
    Wheel4.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 171
They say that the rear isnt avaliable because it is a silverado style bumper. The suburban ones and tahoes include the rear quarters where as our trucks have a separate quarter and bumper

09chevyavy said:
They say that the rear isnt avaliable because it is a silverado style bumper. The suburban ones and tahoes include the rear quarters where as our trucks have a separate quarter and bumper

And yet, he's got one on his Avalanche. Custom brackets or something?  Might have been info to include in his post.

I emailed them.  They said that they make a bumper for the non-cladded rigs of all years.  Probably not on the site because nobody asks for them.  They are also not interested in making a bumper with steps. :(

09chevyavy said:
Yeah I am not sure how he did that one. All I know is that I built mine and I love it haha.

09C42B6E-06AE-44F6-AD49-26906CECFAA5_zpsbbzeb0tj.jpg

BB92BD00-2C82-4A23-B385-5405A3171D92_zpskisdxfp8.jpg
I'd say you are Zombocalypse Ready!

That is one Sweet AV (y) (y)

It's a hell of a bumper, but it looks more Road Warrior-esque than I'd like on my truck.

MOdding the Buckstops with steps wouldn't be that difficult from what I can tell.  Fab up a step "pocket", cut appropriate slot in bumper ends, tack it and weld it.  Clean up welds and refinish.  Problem is, I don't have the skills or equipment, and I don't feel like paying what it would probably cost to do it to feed my step fixation.

Back