• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2013 Throttle Body Spacer

eckempin

Has anyone done anything with an throttle body spacers on the new 2013 Black Diamonds?  I've got the LTZ with the 5.3L and was thinking of going with the Volant Vortice part number 725253 to go with the Volant CAI with the Powercore Filter that I just ordered.  Any insight on whether or not this 2012 version is going to fit(much like the 2012 CAI will fit) and performance and review of this product is greatly appreciated!

it might be too soon for anyone in the club to have this installed.  If they don't respond soon, I'd call the company customer service and ask

RedRocketZ28 said:
TB spacers are a complete waste of money.  They do nothing.
LOL they are a waste of money.  But they do extend your TB=nothing... I got 17MPG in town; but then noticed I wasnt acting like a kid with a new toy hammering the pedal.  Save your money for somthing else.  I was disapointed and almost took it back but it had been installed.  $100+ could be better spent elsewere.

Save your pennies, TB spacers are nothing more than an extended gasket.  Back in the day with TBI and carb engines they served a purpose, these days they do nothing but separate car owners from their money and add a shiny piece of metal made from old beer cans to the engine.

On 2009 I only noticed a little bit better mileage. By that I mean I think it may have improved and that is from watching my dash in real time. Cat back is a much better investment and will improve mileage.

Back