• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Newport, RI. GTG Pics

PhantomFloater

SM 2003
Thanks to every one that showed up and for putting up with my slight misdirection, that run through the center of Newport was a little hairy but we recovered in the end. I think I'll change my sig to,
I'll coordinate but not lead :eek:

Last minute touch up by 02-2500avalanche
29402533.jpg

The gang at Beavertail Park
29402521.jpg

29402754.jpg

29402766.jpg

29402749.jpg

Look I can see myself
29402779.jpg

Wink, Wink Nightshark
29402785.jpg

Look Rich had a baby
29414882.jpg

Argh, I need to pay more attention, totally missed out on this one. Looked like a good group too!

I'll pay more attention and hopefully make the next one!

David

Lighthouse at Beavertail Park
29402798.jpg

Front gate at The Breakers
29402800.jpg

This was a summer house
29402803.jpg

Wish you had a back yard like this?
29403127.jpg

For more pics click on my sig and go to the Newport folder.

Yeah, my bad. My AV meet radar hasn't been set to pickup rhode island as a keyword yet. A few more months and it will I'm sure. Until then feel free to email and/or PM me. :)

David

Thanks Lee and everybody else for another GREAT GTG. It was great, as usual, talking to everybody and hanging around.

Tim, The stories I have heard about the wings were all true, they were very good and there was no shortage of them (unless you happened to be behind me in line).

See you all in a few weeks at N.E. Dragway.

-Mark

I was just telling my wife today (not kidding, you can ask her!) how mad I was that I missed the Purgatory Chasm PArk meet. That is like 15 minutes from my house.

Newport is my second home, and I blew this one too! Arrrrgggghh!! PLease add me to that list too, OK? I really, really don't want to miss out on the next one! I love my AVy!!

had a great time today.hope everyone made it home safely.hope Phantom made it home period.you guys went the right way to go home.traffic was backed up for an hour and a half on 138 after the jamestown bridge.lotsa road rage going on.lots of bikinis too!be safe.

scott

Phantom, it isn't about the journey, it's about the babes in bikinis. Feel free to get us as "lost" the next time. ;)

nh_mark, thanks again. I think these wings were better than the last batch. Next time, a touch hotter though.

Icebear, the part number for the LOF connector is Drawtite Part# 18384.

A really nice day; good food, good people, a mad dash home involving some extra-legal speeds. A lot of good fun. Did I mention the babes in bikinis?

That pic of the blue Av with the wink emblem is sharp!!! (y) Hmmm.... I wonder who owns that one.... Really nice truck... ;)

Another great GTG everyone. Even with the interesting trip through Newport... It was a great day for it.

I reduced the size of the images of the originals in order to reduce loading time and save space. So they may not look too great.

This is the side shot of the mansion. Yes this is only the side! :eek:

mansionside.JPG

Attachments

• mansionside.JPG
    mansionside.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 3
tymcneal said:
Phantom, it isn't about the journey, it's about the babes in bikinis. Feel free to get us as "lost" the next time. ;)

nh_mark, thanks again. I think these wings were better than the last batch. Next time, a touch hotter though.

A really nice day; good food, good people, a mad dash home involving some extra-legal speeds. A lot of good fun. Did I mention the babes in bikinis?

Were there bikinis there, since I was sitting next to my wife I hadn't noticed >:D

Hotter wings. Sounds good to me (y)

BTW I owe you a thank you, since we spent some time looking at the back of your Av, my wife commented on the LOF saying that she liked it. Looks like I will be getting a new mod (y)

The ride home was quite fun driving behind Alex, they kept giving thumbs up the the Chevys that drove by and thumbs down to the Fords. It was so funny!

-Mark

tymcneal said:

Thanks for the PN...I am also going to try to find some time to work on my EZ Slide... :0:

Thanks again...Icebear... :B:

Another Great GTG
Thanks all, for attending, and Lee for putting it together
Kev-- thanks for showing up and getting us outa there

Here's Lee showing us Both side of the Highway. these convoy's can get very long
Lee_roundy.jpg

Attachments

• Lee_roundy.jpg
    Lee_roundy.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1
Thanks to ALL again for the great food and fun...

Next time I will start cooking the chicken a few hours earlier...the wings SO made up for my blunder...amazing as always.

The mods are just getting better ever time. With a new house and a third child on the way...I may be joining you all with a stock 2500 for some time to come...don't laugh. HEY, I may SPLURGE for some amber driving lights...I really stick out.

Thanks for the use of the radios...it helped a ton traversing the downtown. Lee, thanks for doing the jumping jacks...still almost missed ya.

Alex/Ed...I loved the Thumbs Up - Thumbs Down on my trip behind ya...Chevy's Rule!

Can't wait for the next one already...the drag is gonna be fun.

See y'all!

Icebear and Family :B:

Back