• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

leather seat

unclebun

My heated leather seat bottom cushion is cracked and squishy. Any ideas on an affordable fix?

The Seat Shop.

They have the leather and foam available.

Installation videos on their web site, as well.

I know this post is old but how did you make out unclebun? I just recently had to change my leather and foam and used the same shop ext4me mentioned. I have to say Im glad I did it myself and saved a whole lot of money. It came out better than I thought to. I have a few pics I can post  if you or someone else needs to see.

Hot_Rod said:
I know this post is old but how did you make out unclebun? I just recently had to change my leather and foam and used the same shop ext4me mentioned. I have to say Im glad I did it myself and saved a whole lot of money. It came out better than I thought to. I have a few pics I can post  if you or someone else needs to see.

Please post pictures

Ive been trying to post them but apparently the size is too big. I will try to get them resized at home and post them or i can send them through email sorry Ybre.

I recently replaced the leather seat bottom cover and foam cushion on my driver seat. My ava is a 2003 2500 with interior trim number 692. The original leather had cracked along the side. I purchased the seat cover from www.RichmondAutoUpholstery.com.

The replacement cover was perfect in shape and color. Very happy with the upgrade. Feels and looks like a new seat.

New leather seat bottom cover:
3ADEF3F3-31DF-4DAC-80F0-520CC7230A36_zpsuviamcjf.jpg

Perfect fit:
F1C8724E-D1F8-4DED-8565-6B13B5FE3075_zps0dbfkqgv.jpg

Nice color match to original cover on seat back:
D97C3AAE-1CAA-44DC-8F14-13366AF448A9_zpsusarawtg.jpg

Nice, are they the factory original Pleather or real leather?

I might look at something like that for mine.. Mine are starting to show some wear after 260k miles.

Rodney

I took my seats out last year to get at the HVAC air valve and was surprised how heavy the seats where  :eek: 

You bet those 12 way power seats weigh a ton

I bought my replacements at the The Seat Shop.

Click on the link and use their site to find what you need and the costs.

You only have to buy the pieces you are wanting to replace.

Or do like me, and replace everything on both front seats, including the driver's seat bottom foam.

(y)

Just replaced my leather bottom drivers seat cover from a GM supplier in the Midwest who has items on eBay. Much much cheaper than Richmond!! Food for thought (y)

Here is the link to the eBay seller regarding OEM leather seat cover replacement (y)

http://www.ebay.com/usr/midwestgmpartscenter?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2754

Back