• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 + Rear Bumper replacement options?

HawaiianBrian

I made a small scuff and driver's side rear bumper corner while getting out of a tough parking spot in a garage, :E: would like to blame the wife but this time it was me, it's a nice 3 x 5 inch scuff right on the corner, the plastic black is showing thru the silver paint and it looks awful  :9:but again it is pretty small.
The estimate is $375 just to paint and re-clear entire bumper and make new again. Thinking maybe time to replace with a better bumper option like IRON BULL or BUCK STOP and even just a clean rollpan type but I think RP's might be illegal here, a real bumper is required, gotta check on that.
Would any GM chrome bumpers from a pu or other truck fit the AVY.
Looking for idea's/options before I spend $375 to fix or I decide to live with it.

thx

I changed mine for a Buckstop. Still need to put in the Diamond plate accent pieces. Very happy with overall fitment and look. Straight bolt on, very easy.The back up lights are from them as well. Got rid of the park assist sensors.......just too delicate, too easy to damage. They can make a bumper with the holes cut in it if you want.

IMG_1521_zps2644eafe.jpg

Buckstop doesn't appear to make an avalanche rear bumper.  Is this another model made to fit or something?

Edit: I emailed them.  They still make bumpers for the non-cladded avalanches of all years.  They have no interest in steps.

Back