• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Replaced front hub - now ABS/Stabilitrak lights on...

OmniGLH

Hey folks,

So I just replaced the driver's front wheel bearing/hub, 2007 Avalanche 4wd 3LT.  Took the truck out for a ride after getting it all back together, and all the lights are on.  ABS light is on, TC light is on, and it repeats messages in the DIC (SERVICE STABILITRAK, TRACTION CONTROL OFF, etc).

I know I cycled the key a few times with the speed sensor disconnected (so I could turn the steering wheel to get a better angle on the bolts on the backside) so I'm figuring that's where the error came from (?)  The new sensor IS connected.  Didn't have any issues or idiot lights before this.

Do I need to do a reset on the system or something since the key had been cycled on with one of the sensors disconnected?

Thanks

Solved it.

New connector on new hub was a LOT more snug than the old one.  I apparently did not apply enough force when connecting it.

I connected the old sensor to make sure the light went out and noticed now much further the connector went in.  So I tried the new one again and gave it a good hard squeeze.  No more lights.  :)

Back