• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Ideas for Spring GTG

KevMack

I know I have been MIA but the snow is melting and it's almost nice weather time again. Anyone have any ideas for our 1st GTG this year? Lets get a good one going and get all these new and old faces out from behind the computers.

Since no one has really thrown anything out there, I'll say we could meet up at Dave and Busters in Braintree. Only downside is the one time I went there, the place was crazy packed, wait was 2 hrs for a table.

James.

KevMack said:
I know I have been MIA but the snow is melting and it's almost nice weather time again. Anyone have any ideas for our 1st GTG this year? Lets get a good one going and get all these new and old faces out from behind the computers.
Sounds like the Polar Bear is coming out of hibernation. Get anything done to the avy over the winter?

Still think we should try to do a weekend on the Cape before tourist season starts!!  I know a VERY good tour guide!!!

If anyone wants to make the drive down to Jersey for breakfast, April 20th is looking good!  There's hotels in the area if you want to drive down Friday night (we could also do a GTG that night, and then have breakfast in the morning).

james21 said:
Since no one has really thrown anything out there, I'll say we could meet up at Dave and Busters in Braintree. Only downside is the one time I went there, the place was crazy packed, wait was 2 hrs for a table.

James.

It kind of claimed down a little.... thats not a bad idea.

ohiobellboy said:
Sounds like the Polar Bear is coming out of hibernation. Get anything done to the avy over the winter?

I haven't done anything to it... it's getting a whole new exhaust in a couple weeks but my house has been taken most of my money lately.

KevMack said:
I haven't done anything to it... it's getting a whole new exhaust in a couple weeks but my house has been taken most of my money lately.
I hate when that happens  :E:

So Kevin, you got an idea on a date, nothing official, just ball park, you know April, May.

Well its starting to warm up, so I'd say try to get something going this April

Ill be around NY/VT 4/30 - 5/5. If theres something happening over that time ill attend. I don't have any real plans... just wandering

James

HEY NEW ENGLAND, IT'S MAY, WAKE THE HECK UP!

Anyways, how bout a GTG at the drags trip in Epping, NH. That hasnt been done in forever, I'd love to go down the track a couple times with my work truck, I'll say it may create a heck of a lot of power, more than any AV with bolt-ons, but with that said I would like to see how it turns out given my significant weight disadvantage(3000lbs). Just a thought.

:wave:

If someone says where and when I will try to show up!!! I do have to work 2 Saturday mornings a month from 8 to noon. Maybe we can just meet someplace for lunch or early dinner.  Kinda sad from the stories I've heard. From what the long term owners have told me, New England used to have pretty big turn outs for meets. Now I finaly have an AV and nobody hangs out anymore  :needhug:

Let me know gentlemen!!!!!!

~Karen

Hey I'm all for grabbing a hot dog from a street vendor if people don't have a lot of time. I tried the D&B idea but no one has given it a thought.

There is a all Chevy Show on May 25th at a Chevy Dealership... Karen knows about, one of us will try to post up the info soon.

Yeah.  I'll try to remember to put up the info tonight when I get home to a real computer.  My phone's kinda useless, LOL.  There's also the All Chevy show in RI end of June.  I really loved that one last year!!

Well as long as I can get my reg renewed on my AV by then I should be able to go.

Hello all. I too am back from the dead!! I am game for a GTG anytime anywhere. Got the old ladies permission to start participating again now that my daughter is more stable. My wife wanted to do D and B the other night, so I am all game for that idea!! If not I will drive up to 100 miles.... I am pumped.

My son does have baseball games on a regular basis, but I will take the risk they will not conflict!

I will write more in a later post.

LETS GET PUMPED. LETS DO THIS!!!

D :B: :B: :B:

OH what happened it was all white and cold and I havn't been to my friendly avalanche web site in a while. I see that we are trying to get something going on soon . sounds good to me let me ponder some suggestions and see if we can't get something going on.

Here is the show next weekend...

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,138927.0.html

Ok ,  so lets forget a Spring GTG, how about an early summer GTG , I'll put one out there.      Kind of short notice, need to do this before July first.

There is a seafood place called  Flo's Clam Shack on Park Ave. in Portsmouth RI.  Pretty good if I recall  (been a few yrs.) but I figured we might be able to get out there before the wonderful state of Rhode Island puts a toll on the bridge to get there. They're talking a $5 toll !!  (good by Newport and surrounding areas ~ I'll never go over that bridge again !)

Only weekend day not good for me is Sat. the 22nd (doing ACS Relay for life that day)

What y'all think ??  post up people !!

Back