• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

xm oem antenna

qreaigh

PM 2023
PM 2022
PM 2021
PM 2020
SM 2019
PM 2018
PM 2017
Does any one know what the oem antenna connection looks like a picture would be great. the end that connects to the tuner. My new radio is not compatible with the oem tuner and Im wondering if I could use the oem antenna.

I don't have a picture but they're called a FAKRA connector. You may be able to find something online. I heard of an adapter for using the removable XM radios with the factory antenna.

Wasn't able to use the oem tuner and had to buy a tuner that was compatible with my HU. Had to slightly modify the oem xm antenna plug to get it to fit the new tuner, but it works.

Is the shark fin hollow? if so maybe there's room in the fin for an aftermarket antenna without it's housing

old skool said:
Wasn't able to use the oem tuner and had to buy a tuner that was compatible with my HU. Had to slightly modify the oem xm antenna plug to get it to fit the new tuner, but it works.

I've seen a couple of adapters out there on amazon and ebay to use the factory xm antenna.

TSS Radio has very knowledgeable people, they can tell and sell you exactly what you need.

Back