• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Tailgate Straps

wannabe

I have an '04 WBH. I absolutely love it, but am upgrading to a 2013 before they're all gone (getting next week) :D. I have the VR Straps that I bought a long time ago. Anyone know if they'll work with the 2013? If not, any suggestions on where to get a similar product that works with the 2013? I saw that the VR Straps guy went out of business :( I also saw something similar on Merchant Automotive, but it wasn't clear that they will work with the 2013 AV. I lost my old cables, so I may need to buy new cheap ones before I trade it in so I don't lose the straps to the dealer...Thanks

You might try talking to the dealership and seeing if they will swap them i know my dad traded in his dodge and had them swap tires before he signed it because he liked his tires better than the ones that were on it

run to the junk yard real quick and pick up a couple!

Didit

Was at the dealer today and measured the cable length. It's 17" in the 2013s and my straps are only 15". Reusing them won't work since the tailgate won't drop all the way. So I'm on the lookout for new ones.

Blacktruck said:
Was at the dealer today and measured the cable length. It's 17" in the 2013s and my straps are only 15". Reusing them won't work since the tailgate won't drop all the way. So I'm on the lookout for new ones.

If you can't use them I would like to purchase them from you I have an 06 cladded

Back