• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

my rear factory backup camera shows black screen why

BLee

I have an 08 Avi LTZ ,and when I go in reverse my screen shows black it was snowy at one time now its completely black when I go into reverse this is all factoy equipment does anyone know why please help.

Hey thanks ,but do you think its an easy fix,it doesn't seem like a common problem so why me LOL,and do you know if there is any fuse in the junction box for the system itself cause I couldn't even find that,but thanks, I'm gonna check the tailgate side whei the camera sits before going in the back of the navigation radio in console.

hi im having the same problem on my 07 ltz did you ever find the problem ?

thanks,charlie

I too have this problem on my 07.  About 1 in 100 times it works fine.  About 20% it is fuzzy and has a vertical roll just like my parents old Zenith used to have back in the 70's.  The rest of the time it is black (no signal).

I also have a problem with my tailgate lock not working.

I am wondering if this is a wiring issue and the two are related.  I recently unplugged several of the connectors in the area of the rear can and used some electrical cleaning fluid on these connections.

No help.

Would love to get some ideas!!!!!

I have a Snugtop on the back of my Avy, so backing out of store parking spaces is pretty similar to docking the Queen Mary!

Thanks,
John

BLee said:
I have an 08 Avi LTZ ,and when I go in reverse my screen shows black it was snowy at one time now its completely black when I go into reverse this is all factoy equipment does anyone know why please help.

What color is the car parked directly behind you  ??? :rolleyes:

I went to the stealership the other day to get some work done and to check my camera issue also. And they told me that my camera and the module had to be replaced in the tune of 648. Oh hell no.so I got the part no.and ordered it from GMparts.net for about half that.it should arrive next week, no taxes and free shipping.

BLee said:
I went to the stealership the other day to get some work done and to check my camera issue also. And they told me that my camera and the module had to be replaced in the tune of 648. Oh hell no.so I got the part no.and ordered it from GMparts.net for about half that.it should arrive next week, no taxes and free shipping.

Did you get your system working? Was it an actual component or did you find a bad connection as the culprit?

Djbrun said:
Did you get your system working? Was it an actual component or did you find a bad connection as the culprit?
yes actually aftet purchasing the items.  I had made a trip to NC ,and i went to Labonte Chevrolet and they checked my system and determined i had a short. .and they fixed it for 100 bucks ,they're the best very honest and precise, even th im stuck with the items i purchased i still didn't spend as much as Bical Chevrolet would have charged me for repacing everything. They're the worst.  Big ups to Labonte Chevrolet of Greensboro NC, so far theyve never steered me wrong ,they even dropped me to my residence while they worked on my car

Had a feeling it might have been a wiring issue, was it near the tail gate pivot area?

Glad to hear you did get some proper help!

Djbrun said:
Had a feeling it might have been a wiring issue, was it near the tail gate pivot area?

Glad to hear you did get some proper help!
yes it was near the tailgate pivot area

Back