• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

03 avalanche driver door sagging

buenf

how can i fix a  a sagging door on a 03 chevy avalanche (driver side) i have allready put new door pins and lowered the door catch but it still sagging about a few inches down and door keeps saying door ajar please help

is it visually sagging? it might just be the latch that needs replaced on the driver door ajar.... if not check to see if the hinges are bent  ???

im not sure but i was think that maybe putting a jack under door and jackiing it up a bit to see if it picks up door a little bit

If you do i would put a block on the top of the jack to keep from denting it and be very slow about it and keep an eye on where the hinges go to the body.... my buddies door when he picked up on the door to line it back up with the latch it tore the metal on the a pillar and was a pain to get it rewelded to hold the weight of the door again  :E:

ok well i was look at the hinges it looks like they are coming loose from the corners of the hinge if like they were glued on  any ideas guys  ???

I believe it is a type of glue with spot welds on them i would talk to a body shop or even maybe just a weld shop.... if they, yourself, or anyone else welds on it MAKE SURE THEY DISCONNECT THE BATTERY as the current can back-feed

ok guys finally got it fixed it was the new doors pins i bought they were cheap they were the ones with just the c ring to hold them in place and the top door pin  keep leaning to one side so after looking a different auto parts store i found the ones with the bolt type bottom and they work ok but i still had to used the jack to get door lined right after a few trys it worked great    the body shop guy was going to charge me $150.00 to do the job  thanks guys for your help

As I was reading thru this I thought about the pins right away but then I see you got it fixed. The pins can be driven out with punches, pointed and flat. Have done several. Kit comes with new bushings. That is where the wear start and then when the bushing goes the pin starts to wear. Always the top pin first. Need a floor jack and patience and good lighting. 

I thought I might be able to smack 'em out. They look like they are just pressed in. The bottom one on mine is the culprit. I suspect it'll be tough driving it out because it's on bottom. Going to be tough getting the swing.

Back