• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Folsom Lake GTG, Sunday, May 19 at 11AM PST

Rolando

Charter Member
SM 2009
SM 2003
Hi All,

Now that the weather is getting better, we thought it would be good to have another GTG.  Special thanks to PuddleStompin for reminding me.

7806 Folsom Auburn Road
Folsom, CA 95630

We normally enter through the Douglas Blvd. gates going through Roseville and Granite Bay.  Once in the park we go to the main lake area where you see a big parking lot over looking the lake.

Date and Time:
Sunday, May 19 at 11AM

What to Bring:
- Your own food
- Portable Canopy
- Swimming shorts if you plan on getting wet
- Camera to take pics of your AV

Park Fees:
- I believe there is a $10 entrance fee to the park.  Bring $20 just in case   :rolleyes:

Who's Interested?
- RoarinRow + 4
- PuddleStompin
- ReefnAV + 1 (maybe)
- You?

Wow, Folsom Lake! I haven't been there since I was thirteen. Wish I could go.

Have Fun.   (y) Take some pics for me.

Wow...hey Ro!!! Wasn't sure there was still love out there for the NorCal clan! Glad to see its still around!! I'll try and make it to the Folsom Lake GTG so I can see ur kids and bring my lil one! Hope all is well!

I was just lurking on the site to look into a 6" lift.... :eek:

PuddleStompin said:
Thanks for getting this started....Count me in!!!!  Looking forward to meeting the rest of you.

Gotcha down! Looking forward to meeting you and checking out your sweet AV!  (y)

Z66Modder said:
Wow, Folsom Lake! I haven't been there since I was thirteen. Wish I could go.

Have Fun.   (y) Take some pics for me.

Wish you could go too!  Will def. take pics!  :B:

ReefnAV said:
Wow...hey Ro!!! Wasn't sure there was still love out there for the NorCal clan! Glad to see its still around!! I'll try and make it to the Folsom Lake GTG so I can see ur kids and bring my lil one! Hope all is well!

I was just lurking on the site to look into a 6" lift.... :eek:

I'll pencil you in Jeff!  Glad you caught this thread.  I will also post on our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/avalanchestyle/

Yes, bring your little one!  :love: A 6" lift would be awesome!

I have a question.  I'm am new to this and I would like to go to GTG.  What do you guys do?  Do we just relax and talk with each other? or just meet and do whatever :p?

pokemon9264 said:
I have a question.  I'm am new to this and I would like to go to GTG.  What do you guys do?  Do we just relax and talk with each other? or just meet and do whatever :p?

We normally just hang out. Since this GTG is at the lake, then we will hang out by the water and chill, eat, and talk about whatever. When we are hanging out we can discuss mods on the AV, etc.

Oooo sounds interesting =D  I'll be coming back home from college May 10th and live in the Roseville area.  I want to take my brothers and sisters out to have fun so I might maybe bring them there =D 

My dad brought the 2002 blue avalanche in 2001 when it came out.  It was love at first sight.  We had it ever since and the avy has over 150k miles last I checked :p  No mods whatsoever because it was a daily drive truck for the family =D  It toke us to so many places and has been so reliable.  =D  There is some issue with the truck though.  Interior lights and the 2 trunk lights does not work but the dash still say "Cargo light on." 

I might come to Folsom lake if my brothers and sister would like to come with me =D 

pokemon9264 said:
Oooo sounds interesting =D  I'll be coming back home from college May 10th and live in the Roseville area.  I want to take my brothers and sisters out to have fun so I might maybe bring them there =D 

My dad brought the 2002 blue avalanche in 2001 when it came out.  It was love at first sight.  We had it ever since and the avy has over 150k miles last I checked :p  No mods whatsoever because it was a daily drive truck for the family =D  It toke us to so many places and has been so reliable.  =D   There is some issue with the truck though.  Interior lights and the 2 trunk lights does not work but the dash still say "Cargo light on." 

I might come to Folsom lake if my brothers and sister would like to come with me =D 

Definitely bring your brothers and sister.  I'll be bringing my kids too. The Arrival Blue AV is a sweet color!  Maybe one of us can take a look at those light issues.  Might be simple as a blown fuse or light bulb.

pokemon9264 said:

My dad brought the 2002 blue avalanche in 2001 when it came out.  It was love at first sight.  We had it ever since and the avy has over 150k miles last I checked :p  No mods whatsoever because it was a daily drive truck for the family =D  It toke us to so many places and has been so reliable.  =D   There is some issue with the truck though.  Interior lights and the 2 trunk lights does not work but the dash still say "Cargo light on." 

We can definitely help trouble shoot some of the issues or at least point you in the right direction on how to fix some of them as well. 

Couple weeks out.  Do we know if there are BBQ's at Folsom or should I plan on bringing one? 

Got my fishing license btw so i will be bringing some poles and bait if anyone is interested in that as well.

PuddleStompin said:
Got my fishing license btw so i will be bringing some poles and bait if anyone is interested in that as well.

Now I am really jealous.  :mad:

Z66Modder said:
Now I am really jealous.  :mad:

Started a new thread but i should have my HHO generator installed by then as well for everyone to check out.  Excited to see if it really produces the power and efficiency that i have been reading about online.

Just another week to go!  :B:

Again just for clarification on the directions:

The park has multiple entrances most of which are fairly easily accessed by either Interstate 80 to Douglas Blvd.(east).  It is this entrance that I am most familiar with.  Once you get through the front gate, then you go down pass the boat loading area and to the section where there is a big parking lot that overlooking the beach looking area.

Don't think you can bring a trailer or anything like that in this section of the lake since it is mostly for public access to the lake.

I believe if you go past Beeks Bite, then you've gone too far.

I know the description says Folsom Lake, but it is the Granite Bay entrance through Roseville, via Douglas Blvd. If you just keep taking Douglas Blvd to the end, you will reach the entrance to Granite Bay/Folsom Lake.

Made it to the meet a little late but couldn't find you guys.  Not sure where everyone met up at once you got inside.  Hope everyone enjoyed the day at Folsom Lake who made it.

Attachments

• FolsomLake.DotonPoint.19May.jpg
    FolsomLake.DotonPoint.19May.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 37
  • FolsomLake.Pass.19May.jpg
    FolsomLake.Pass.19May.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 37
  • FolsomLake.Point.jpg
    FolsomLake.Point.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 35
Sorry we missed you.  After we got in the park the place was called Granite Beach.  We were able to hook up with Myron.  We got there right at 11 and left around 3:30ish.  Hope you had had a good time since it was really good weather even with the wind.  :)

Sorry for the bad directions.  :E:

RoarinRow said:
Sorry we missed you.  After we got in the park the place was called Granite Beach.  We were able to hook up with Myron.  We got there right at 11 and left around 3:30ish.  Hope you had had a good time since it was really good weather even with the wind.  :)

Sorry for the bad directions.   :E:

First time for me being in there.  I was clueless there was 8 different places we could have met up at lol.  I say we take another swing at it in July and choose one of the beaches to wheel down onto.  Looked like some awesome spots to shoot right by the water.

PuddleStompin said:
First time for me being in there.  I was clueless there was 8 different places we could have met up at lol.  I say we take another swing at it in July and choose one of the beaches to wheel down onto.  Looked like some awesome spots to shoot right by the water.

Next time we go back, we'll check out Oak Beach.  There you can park your vehicle right by the water.  Beats walking up and down the long distance that  was at Granite Beach.

Z66Modder said:
:nopics:

OK, Where are the Pics?

Sorry no pictures of the AV as it was just me for awhile until Myron showed up.  The pictures I have are of my family.  :love:

RoarinRow said:
Next time we go back, we'll check out Oak Beach.  There you can park your vehicle right by the water.  Beats walking up and down the long distance that  was at Granite Beach.

This spot had a cool section of Rock which we could wheel up onto as well.

Attachments

• FolsomLake.Rockoutcropping.jpg
    FolsomLake.Rockoutcropping.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 22
Back