• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

has anyone took a 2007 or newer av offroad.

marshallz71

i am looking in to a avalanche z71 4x4. but i havent see any new one do some offroad. i need to know the limits of the avalanche. if someone would help me this would be awesome. (y)

I've taken my stock Z71 through many messed up trails. I like to see how far I can take it and I'm always impressed. Once came across some guys in a wrangler with a dumbfounded look on their faces and asked if I was really taking the Avy down a particular road. I said "Of course, this is my second time!" Their response was priceless... Just use your best judgement, understand the vehicles limits, and it helps to have a spotter for those tough spots.

The 50-50 weight distribution really helps keep it moving in mud and snow. Biggest problem (pun intended) is the shher size, low approach and departure angles and the lowish ground clearance of the steps and frame. This can be fixed with lift and tires.

I just bought my '07 a month ago and she's been down the beach near Corpus Christi, TX twice already.  Stock everything, as far as I know, and she was awesome through the sandy ruts (we go down PINS passed the 4x4 only signs).

Back