• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Posting Pics of the Rig

Rob3044

So back in 2011 I was driving my 05 honda accord grocery getter and I was mercilessly plowed into from behind. I got $12,000 for my honda and proceeded to buy this 03 Avalanche for $9,500 cash. I then put 37" x13.5 toyo's on Helo rims to make it just a little more ridiculously heavy. It came with the CST 6" lift. Now that I've done the damage with the tires I had to cutout the fender wells or go with a body lift that I didn't want cause it's already roll happy as it is. So I did some chopping, then discovered (or already knew from exp) that I would lose some low end torque so I'm planning on gear up to 4:88 or something crazy like that. Computer performance tune is needed as it thinks it's still on 33's. So far I've broken 2 drive shafts one outer tie rod end. Replaced the brakes, resurfaced the disks, fixed the backwards operating fuel gauge, installed a access hatch to the fuel pump so I don't have to drop the tank. Had the factory fan blower resistor model, wire harness upgrade done. Replaced upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends with moog parts (stock ones disintegrated within weeks of being replaced lol. Had 3 front end alignments. And a bunch of other maintenance type things like wipers, trans flush etc...So far while it's been a money pit, I don't mind spending the money and working on it. It's been an education learning about the fuel, brake, AC, computer systems on this truck. Pretty complicated compared to what I'm used to working on. Use to be a toyota fan...but I've grown up now. Go big or go home as they say. Here's the damn pics:

Attachments

• P1016278.JPG
    P1016278.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 231
  • P1013737.JPG
    P1013737.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 232
  • P1015828.JPG
    P1015828.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 232
Back