• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Console Lid Upgrade...

BADalanche

Big thanks to Thomcat for finding this mod (Its part # 1920823:cool:  (y).

Anyway, I was sick of looking at the cheap black plastic lid for the console, and had been looking to upgrade. Could not find what I wanted in the dash kit arena, then I saw Thomcat mention this in a thread. Its the latch from an H2. Not too cheap at just under a hundy delivered, but very nice indeed. It matches the brushed metal of the AC vents and steering wheel, and would have matched my 2011 LS as well. There are 4 screws on top, 10 on lid bottom, and 2 more under that to release it. 10 min. for a great improvement. Should be stock on BD LTZ. Sorry about the pics - phone quality...

that does look good a lot better than the black  (y) .... never been a fan of the trays in the console lids though... stupid place for a tray imo

wyotonka said:
that does look good a lot better than the black  (y) .... never been a fan of the trays in the console lids though... stupid place for a tray imo

I agree - it fits my phone perfectly, but I'm always opening the lid and dumping the it into the back floorboard. As for looks, though:  :bling:

AVinSbyCt said:
That looks great! I'm one of those that likes the "woodgrain", if there was one like that, I'd jump on it.

Get out your wallet and get ready to jump.

They make an identical woodgrain molded stick on cover for the console at Autowoods for under about $100.......I had bought 2 one for my '07 and for the '12.....perfect fit and match.....following link:

http://autowoods.com/2007%20-%2011%20GM.htm

Attachments

• Center%2520Console2.jpg
    Center%2520Console2.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,021
Thomcat said:
Get out your wallet and get ready to jump.

They make an identical woodgrain molded stick on cover for the console at Autowoods for under about $100.......I had bought 2 one for my '07 and for the '12.....perfect fit and match.....following link:

http://autowoods.com/2007%20-%2011%20GM.htm

Thanks!!!

JohnnieMo said:
Does that phone holder actually mountain in the cd player?  If so, I want one!  Tell me more.

Its a Mountek Ngroove. As you tighten the screw, it spreads to secure itself in the opening. I replaced the wing screw with a lower profile allen screw from the hardware store. I used it for a couple weeks, but eventually pulled it. I was afraid it would really ream out my slit :)4:), and I really don't need it with the bluetooth, USB, and HDD in the NAV. Another factor was me switching my phone protector to a leather wallet/phone cover in one, and now I just lock it in the vault. My slit was back to normal in a few days :)4:).

Thanks.   I see they make one for the garmin nuvi. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Oh! And you're such a slit.

Sunburst07 said:
Is this the correct part number because it shows up as a 4wd switch on GM parts direct

If you are referring to the console insert, yes that is the correct part number...19208238 - PUSHBUTTO.

Sunburst07 said:
ok cuz i kinda want this someday :D

Ahem... http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,144879.msg2088011.html#msg2088011

CF42Mxe.jpg

Back