• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How is everyone in St Louis

MS03 2500

PM 2017
PM 2015
SM 2014
PM 2013
PM 2012
SM 2011
SM 2010
SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
I see you folks had some serious storms today.

Hit and miss damaged homes scattered from the far west suburbs, all of the way across to the far east side of the St. Louis area in Illinois. Lots of trees and power lines down in many places.

A big tornado went through about 3 miles south of my house; we were trying to get home and could tell, even in the dark, that it was a very bad storm. The rain was literally blowing sideways in sheets, small debris was blowing everywhere, and we could hardly see to drive. It doesn't appear that there was any major damage until the storm moved into St. Charles, where quite a few homes got damaged and destroyed.

The main, active St. Charles members have been accounted for and are OK. Beyond that, I don't know. So far, there are no reported deaths, so that's a good thing!

Glad is see you folks are OK MyBigToy. (y)

Still cutting up trees and limbs but no extensive damage to the house, the minor damage to the gutter can be repaired.  The path of the tornado just missed us to the south by about 3/4-1 mile.

Glad it missed you fowlhunter that was a close one.

I took a refrigerator to a co-worker off Jungs Station Road, past Arrow Rock (I'm pretty sure I went by Richie's house), on Tuesday morning. It looked like a war zone back in there. There was not so much major structural damage to houses as huge trees down everywhere. The co-worker had a couple of 40' tall silver maples in his back yard - he had several large limbs come down on the roof of the house and garage, and a van in his driveway was totalled from a tree limb.

Back