• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

passport 9500ix Hardwire

noogie

So I decided I was tired of having the power wire from my radar detector dangle down from the windshield to the cigarette lighter.

16237616_large.jpg

So here is what I started with

16237583_large.jpg

Here is what the piece looks like after being modified. Here it is placed on the backside of the overhead console

16237608_large.jpg

I drilled 3 holes into the plastic to allow the mute button to be used and 2 for the power and alert LEDs

16237612_large.jpg

16237620_large.jpg

I can't believe no one has commented on this yet, but that is 1. creative as all get out, and 2. beautiful.

GREAT work.

arachnyd said:
I can't believe no one has commented on this yet, but that is 1. creative as all get out, and 2. beautiful.

GREAT work.

Thanks. I just assumed the lack of comments was bc most of the members were content with their radar setups.

Need4Speed said:
How the heck did you get it so perfect? Did you cut to fit around the label, or remove the label?

I just removed the label, figured out where the holes needed to be drilled then reattached the label to the overhead console

Just got my 9500ix and saw this post.  Great idea for a hardwire and to retain the factory smartcord use without spending another $40 on an adapter.

Back