• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My Thoughts Are With You

wyotonka

Hope everyone in Colorado is okay those fires seem to be spreading pretty fast. I have family in canon city who are on 911 call back right now... they have their vehicles loaded just in case.

it looks like from what i have seen online the royal gorge has lost 20 structures and about 30 planks on the bridge itself but they are saying that structurally the bridge is ok but they are saying that black forest is still burning pretty bad with a lot of structures involved.

hope you are all safe though

2013 Z71 bde i wonder if thats evacuated people ???
slide_302247_2566342_free.jpg

wyotonka said:
The structure count in black forest is at over 380 homes now.... i hope everyone there is safe

Only a couple dead so far.

2 found dead trying to escape their homes at 75% containment on the black forest fire now and upwards of 500 homes.... the royal gorge fire burned over 3/4 of their buildings and the bridge is charred on 35 or so planks i know my family down there is no longer on evacuation. however the black forest fire is being treated as a crime scene so will not be lifted on evac today...

Hope everyone down that way is doing okay .... i dont know if any of you have heard but parts of Colorado have had 20" of rain since Monday it has reached the point where homes and highways are washing out
this was 7 hours ago.... it is not expected to quit raining there till Sunday
1233593_10151706092958381_1471840286_n.jpg

130810140257-manitou-flooding-story-top.jpg

flooding-in-colo.jpg

How did i miss this. Yeah that rain was crazy. Glad its over now. But itme for the snow to fly. Gonna miss the rain

dcn427 said:
How did i miss this. Yeah that rain was crazy. Glad its over now. But itme for the snow to fly. Gonna miss the rain
i know rght? hey did you ever watch the news and see reporters talk about the pickups driving though the water? i saw one a ford drove through it, it was like a foot or a foot and a half deep and it was a 4door long bed and the reporter called it a duelly  :E: ugh

wyotonka said:
yea... snow is starting here... they're saying up to 12" of snow  :E:
we should have record lows for the next 4-5 days got snow boot in the back and im happy that i drive a full size pickup little lone a AVALANCHE!! :B: :B: and snow should be coming soon we already have some but will be having more im shure

yea... i know what made me feel good this morning was i had to park to the side at the maverick when i went in and was talking to a guy inside about how much snow we are supposed to get he looked outside and told me " you oughta be drivin that avalanche out there... looks like its ready to take on any snow you could throw at it"  :love:

wyotonka said:
yea... i know what made me feel good this morning was i had to park to the side at the maverick when i went in and was talking to a guy inside about how much snow we are supposed to get he looked outside and told me " you oughta be drivin that avalanche out there... looks like its ready to take on any snow you could throw at it"  :love:
VERY NICE! i havent had myn in real deep snow yet but cant wait to get it into some  :B:

Back