• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

6.2L Avalanche

JohnnieMo

SM 2017
PM 2014
SM 2013
Just a tidbit I picked up from a friend this week.

He and his folks picked up the last BD Avalanches at a small dealership.  The one was a Z71, but the other was a LTZ with the 6.2L.  Obviously this isn't an option, but I guess GM is having a hard time clearing out Cadillac EXT's so they are porting some over to Avalanche trim.  This vehicle was one of them, and kept its drivetrain.  Neat!

They also said the reason they did the Black Diamond logo instead of the standard trim level lettering was because they had to cover up the Cadillac logos.  Not sure if that is true, but it makes a nice story.

Well it sounds like a good story, there wouldn't be a need to cover the cadillac badges with black diamond ones behind the rear doors because the escalades don't have badges there.

You must be in Canada.

Chevy in Canada have been known to do things like that. They have been putting in 6.0 for years.

Up until 2009, the 6.0L was an option.  I had the choice for my 2008.  But it hasn't been a choice since.  Not sure if that is different in the US.  However this 6.2L thing is off the books.

It would not surprise me if it actually had a 6.2.

Avy306 said:
I'm in Saskatoon. Where are you from?
Originally from Weyburn but live in Calgary now. The dealership I was referring to was barber motors in Weyburn. I asked and my Calgary dealer can't get a 6.2.

never mind .... its a 6.2 super charged  (y)
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=82718&endYear=2014&modelCode1=AVALNCH&showcaseOwnerId=68135683&startYear=2007&makeCode1=CHEV&listingType=used&listingTypes=used&firstRecord=26&searchRadius=300&showcaseListingId=351280733&mmt=[CHEV[AVALNCH[]][]]&listingId=318202136&Log=0

AvFan2 said:
Bought a 2010 LTZ with the 6.2L (Jan 2114) hybrid 14 bolt rear end. Lots of power :)) Yes, I am in Canada

So that's how you got such a wild combo, you bought it in the future  :laugh:

Really though, that's an awesome combo and has to be pretty damn rare

JohnnieMo said:
Originally from Weyburn but live in Calgary now. The dealership I was referring to was barber motors in Weyburn. I asked and my Calgary dealer can't get a 6.2.

Haha when was this? My dad bought his 2012 duramax from there. And where abouts do you live in Calgary?

09chevyavy said:
Hows that rear end work exactly? never heard of that

look here

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,126217.0.html

Back