• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2013 Avalanche

Mel Berry

I have a 2013 Avalanche and considering to install one of these.  Is installing one of these a good idea, and does it require any other mods?

http://www.carid.com/2011-chevy-avalanche-turbochargers/magnacharger-tvs-series-supercharger-kit-12468812.html

To be clear I would have a local pro shop install - would not do myself.

:help:
Thanks

welcome to the site ..... that would be a nice setup ....

I would check with them on what else is needed/recommended ... 

bigger brakes? ... Tranny upgrades? .... rearend upgrades .....

John

Installing my kit in a week. See the other thread. And no you don't need anything else.  As for warranty Magnason will offer a complete drive train warranty for a reasonable price to supplement what you lose on factory.

I have this installed...works well, I also upgraded my brakes and rotors, sway bars, transmisson pans, fans and coolers, and my Diff pan

when you order that same kit from blackbear there tune ups the pressure and you get more hp and torque as its all in the tune

Had this installed back in September.  Performance is great and no issues except for a couple engine lights.
http://bumberas.com/
Did the installation, really took care of me.

My 2 cents......Great idea for a vehicle that's out of warranty......but, I'd first check with your dealer to see what liability this install will place upon your vehicle, you may wish to wait until 2018 for the install.

The red words are the ones that scare me along with the idea of running only on 91 octane and susceptibility to alcohol damage.....only a matter of time before the EPA makes 15% ethanol standard in gas regardless of the consequences and those with E85 engines will be sittting pretty.

So for the next 5 years and 100K down the road when you break down in Podunk 'cause something in your drivetrain craps out......instead of simply pushing the OnStar button for a tow to the nearest GM dealer for a free repair under warranty on your tranny, 4WD CV joints or transfer case, rear end, or top or bottom end engine work (because you know that GM will blame the install modification for the failure).....you contact simply contact Magnason and what?.....beg them to provide at a reasonable price repairs at the Podunk auto repair and livestock feed shop.......or wait a month for their evaluation that the problem resulted from a faulty install and you're SOL............. because I doubt GM will go anywhere near that modified vehicle for a free warranty repair (or whatever portion of reimbursement any third party may offer) for anything other than a broken door handle.

Sure and I could wait for 5 years to get the performance I want from my truck or I'll take the risk and get the vehicle I want now. I'm sure it can come back and bite me but I'm happy with that trade off right now. (knock on wood!)

Mikecem said:
Sure and I could wait for 5 years to get the performance I want from my truck or I'll take the risk and get the vehicle I want now. I'm sure it can come back and bite me but I'm happy with that trade off right now. (knock on wood!)

Best of luck with the mod....I was never one for pressurized induction systems.......my idea of getting performance from a 3+ ton rig is to throw the extra bucks for a Caddy EXT with an 8.1 (500 C.I.D.) sucking 87 octane that isn't afraid of a little alcohol......as we used to say in the 60s/early 70s before they pussified the engines "There's no substitute for cubes"

Back