• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Canadian avalanche owners!

Marysia

Hey y'all,
just wondering how many fellow Canadians are proud owners of the avalanche!
And if there's any advice for a new owner, or ideas for mods I should look into do to my '02 avy fell free to send me a message :D

Post up here...
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,30551.0.html

If you are in Ontario, Post up here!!!
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,134576.0.html

We would love to meet up with you at a GTG (get together) soon!!!

Post up and we will send you info on GTGs and local info.  (y)

Winnipeg here!! First mod should be amber DTRLs. Lots of help for just about any mod you desire in this site.  :welcome:

Dueck said:
Winnipeg here!! First mod should be amber DTRLs. Lots of help for just about any mod you desire in this site.  :welcome:

Hey there Dueck!! Any chance you'll make it down to BratFest on your vaca???

Afraid not, I don't get off until the 5th. So I miss it by a few days. Leaving here on the 6th for Tennesse. I need to plan my vacations ahead of time. My vacations for the year are made in April, maybe now that my wife doesn't work it will make things easier. 

Dueck said:
Winnipeg here!! First mod should be amber DTRLs. Lots of help for just about any mod you desire in this site.  :welcome:

The amber DTRLs look amazing! I may have to look into doing that! Thank you :)

its really easy on the cladded avs, you just get the 3157/4157 amber lights direct swap (took me like 2 min )  (y)  :welcome:

Southern Alberta here, had my 2012 just over a year.  A few mods done, all myself.  Next 2 are expensive, so holding off.  A bedslide and Bushwacker fender flares.

Im curently in a facebook contest to win a bedslide, find out in 2 days

chevyfan204 said:
New avy owner in wpg. Loving this truck hope to do some mods soon. Any good ideas?

Welcome to the club from another Winnipegger. You look around here and you'll find a lot of good ideas.
:welcome:

Calgary...  I've had my DRL's for several months but am waiting to find the time to disassemble the whole front end in order to install them  :rolleyes:

Brightwhite said:
Mark me down finally!

Typing from Edmonton Alberta, picked up an 03 with cladding yesterday...spent 4 hours detailing an already detailed truck!
:)  Sometimes, things aren't done right until you do it yourself.  (y)   :welcome:

Finally added amber DRL's a few weeks back,  about to add a black carbon vinyl cover on the front emblem, as well as a "avalanche" third break-light sticker! Thanks for the ideas and nice to see Canadian owners, there's about 3 avalanche's at my college, disappointed to not see the amber DRL's though!

:B:

Marysia said:
Finally added amber DRL's a few weeks back,  about to add a black carbon vinyl cover on the front emblem, as well as a "avalanche" third break-light sticker! Thanks for the ideas and nice to see Canadian owners, there's about 3 avalanche's at my college, disappointed to not see the amber DRL's though! :B:

Maybe I missed it, but what are amber DRL's.  As well, do you have the small third brake-light or the really long one thats on the ones with the painted cladding.

spidey said:
Maybe I missed it, but what are amber DRL's.   As well, do you have the small third brake-light or the really long one thats on the ones with the painted cladding.

Most members change the white (clear) DRLs to Amber to identify club members. Bulb is 3157/4157 (NALL) amber long life. MAKE SURE you get long life bulbs the 07+ are a pain in the a$$ to change.

DouglasOak said:
Most members change the white (clear) DRLs to Amber to identify club members. Bulb is 3157/4157 (NALL) amber long life. MAKE SURE you get long life bulbs the 07+ are a pain in the a$$ to change.

Does it change the look much.  Anyone have before and after pictures?

spidey said:
Does it change the look much.  Anyone have before and after pictures?

Not sure if I can find a before pic, amber DRL's was one of my first mods Maybe I an dig up a pic of my first GTG.

This a a decent after pic...
392368_131974350245985_887562090_n.jpg

DouglasOak said:
Not sure if I can find a before pic, amber DRL's was one of my first mods Maybe I an dig up a pic of my first GTG.

This a a decent after pic...
392368_131974350245985_887562090_n.jpg

Thanks. From what I hear those and the headlight bulb are a major pain to change.

spidey said:
Thanks. From what I hear those and the headlight bulb are a major pain to change.

Headlight and turn signal bulbs... YES
DRL bulbs, not so bad.

I have done quite a few by simply removing the 10mm bolts holding in the top of the grill, and the top 2 on each headlight bucket.
Then you just pull everything out far enough to reach behind and twist out the old DRL bulb and twist in the new one.

This approach works for most people...
but NOT if you look like this!!!!!

they-said-i-could-be-anything-so-i-became-a-balloon-animal-240x180.jpg

I've done headlight bulbs without removing the whole assembly. It is painful but can be done. I've since gone back to stock brightness bulbs. Those silver star bulbs only last a year. That's not enough time to heal....

spidey said:
Maybe I missed it, but what are amber DRL's.   As well, do you have the small third brake-light or the really long one thats on the ones with the painted cladding.

as for the third break light I have the 2002 model with the third brake light, here's a photo of the decal I'll be installing http://custombrakelights.com/catalog2/images/Chevrolet_Avalanche_2002-2003.jpg

Back