• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Tell if you have xm ?

whodeywhat

I have an 07 and was thing about getting xm subscription but when you hit the band button it just goes through am and fm. And aux is the jack and if you have a cd in. There is no sat button. There is an antenna on the roof other than the fm one. Is it possible my truck did not come with satalite radio?

When I rotate through the sources on mine, I have XM1 and XM2 along with the AM/FM and CD choices.

Hard to say without know what head unit you have. Do you have navigation?

Randy

If you have XM you will have an antennae on the roof that says XM on it. Or at least mine does.

Maybe you have onstar but no XM? Onstar has its own Antennae.

Rodney

On later models whether the Nav or regular radio, if it has XM capability you will have an indicator even if it is inactive    XM1 is an advertising station and XM0 provides the radio ID that is necessary to activate service...........no XM0 or XM1?........no XM capability.

IN '07..........XM radio was standard in both the stock LT3/LTZ standard AM/FM/CD or optional Nav radio.... both the Nav radio andf XM were available as seperate options on the LT2......so the LS/LT1 do not have XM at all and the LT2 only has XM if it was added as an option.

There's a black antenna over the driver's side, which is Onstar.  If you have XM, there's another one on the passenger side.  The XM one is just a "lump" with no "stick" coming out of it like the Onstar one....  If you don't have the "lump", then you don't have XM.

Later Avys XM uses the fin antenna....my '07 LT3 had Onstar and XM and only the one (combo) fin antenna on the roof on the driver's side.

Misread the chart and my posting above was incorrect, Nav Radio was not available as an option on LS/LT1 but XM was....., rear seat radio controls were not available on the LS, an option on the LT1 and standard on all others, Onstar was standard on all lines and XM was standard on LT3/LTZ and available as an option on LS/LT1/LT2 lines.

Attachments

• DSCN0562a.jpg
    DSCN0562a.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 72
Sounds like there was a lot of different model/antenna and options/changes causing some "confusion" here..... My GUESS(owning an 05 and a 13) would be that if you cycle through every radio option available and you don't see "XM1/XM2/etc" that you don't have it..... Just my .02

Hanz Groober said:
Sounds like there was a lot of different model/antenna and options/changes causing some "confusion" here..... My GUESS(owning an 05 and a 13) would be that if you cycle through every radio option available and you don't see "XM1/XM2/etc" that you don't have it..... Just my .02

And on my model, at least, when you rotate to the XM1 or XM2 source position, even if you are not a subscriber, you hear the XM Preview announcer pitching their product.

Once on the XM1 or XM2 source, hitting the Seek button will give you your Radio ID that you need to sign up for a subscription.

I can only assume that later model radios perform the same.

Back