• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

How bout some pics of your vent visors

Stretch MFD

Ok, I'm looking for some help. I'm looking into what kind of vent visors to get for the AV, so if you all can post up some pics of what you have I would really appreciate it. I'm not sure which ones to go with and it's hard to find pics of what they really look like on a vehicle instead of just a pic of them by themselves.  Thank you in advance.

Larry

Here's mine before the b pillar blackout so you can actually see them .... I believe they are the avs brand

Here's a front view, you can see the difference. Mine are in channel, not stick on. Also you can see that Wyotonka's stop at the top of the mirror where as the weathertech ones go the bottom of the windows. Install took about ten minutes.

How is this

AVS Stick on

IMG_20130802_123217_092_zpsa2083a88.jpg

AVS in channel

IMG_20130803_151034_332_zps5972cffa.jpg

Hate those stick on Vent Visors.......in channel is the only way to go. The Weathertech which force fit into the channel without adhesive look more stock and stay in place....come in medium or heavy tint versions.....the ones in my '12 were transferred from my '07 and my '13 from a '10 Tahoe (fronts only, had to buy new rears to fit different rear window).

Attachments

• DSCN0807.jpg
    DSCN0807.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 319
  • DSCN0829.jpg
    DSCN0829.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 318
Thomcat said:
Hate those stick on Vent Visors.......in channel is the only way to go.

I'm going to have to disagree. I have the EGR in channel on my 05 4runner, and also had them on my 05 Av.  My 08 Av came with the stuck to the paint AVS models like MS03 has.
I was not a huge fan of the AVS stuck to paint's looks, but they were much much quieter with the glass cracked than the in channels on my 4runner and old Av were. Not sure why, but I immediately noticed the difference after test driving it and then hopping back into my 05.
Anyway, to the real point.  I ditched the stick to paint AVS models and switched to AVS stick to window moulding Low profile models when I re-sprayed the truck, and although the noise is significantly louder again, I like the look a whole lot more than having them be quieter. Stick ons are my choice

Attachments

• 4-10-14.22.jpg
    4-10-14.22.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 4-10-14.69.jpg
    4-10-14.69.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 224
Stick on, Ventshade I think.  I was looking at the in channel stuff but kept reading reviews of them getting sucked off at high way speeds with the windows down, I have no personal experience with that happening though.

IMG_20140622_122713_855.jpg

IMAG1196.jpg

Back